Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UConn94 View Post
    Welcome to the Club! You are not alone.

We will get to the bottom of this, the solution, so we will no longer suffer "Limited Connectivity" any more.
    My T100TA will get Limited connection sometimes but it is always the router that's at fault, if I reset the router or just wait it will be fixed. I have tried almost every driver and it is always the same eventually.

One thing I have noticed is that the Asus T100TAM has a metal case while my T100TA is plastic. I read somewhere a while ago that some metal casings might be affecting wifi reception, I have no idea if this correct or just a myth but thought I should mention it

Good luck
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Just came across a cafe today whereby I had 'Limited Connectivity' for 3 constant hours till the time I sat down there, turns out it's related to the router. I had to keep asking them for random User-ID/Password's to see if I could get a proper connection at least working for more then 10 minutes and even asked them to let me see their router , until they got annoyed and just restarted their router and turned out, once connected again, no problems whatsoever from the very beginning till the very end I was there.

I have two Wifi's at home, tried simulating the case just to see if I could get any 'Limited Connectivity' to isolate it, I got it only ONCE while switching in-between the Wifi connections after waking the device from sleep in a quick manner, but managed to quickly resolve it, by simply disconnecting and connecting again to the same Wifi. It didn't reoccur at all after that, even though I was doing exactly what I did before.
    FrillyBits likes this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    In my case, it isn't a router problem, it was the T100. My Samsung Tablet and Dell laptop had solid connections, fast downloads. The T100, "Limited Connectivity"

Status Update: Two full days, and still have full connection on my home router. This is a good sign, but still have to wait before claiming victory.

So far, so good.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB
    Asus T100 owners, if you are suffering from "Limited Connectivity", there may be a cure. Link to potential cure posting
    Audio Problems after Win 10 upgrade? Solution here...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    It has been over 5 days now, and I still have a excellent connectivity with my home router. The final test will be going back to the same Applebee's, and connect to their public WiFi. Then connect again at home. If it works out, then my Asus T100 has been cured of this awful "Limited Connectivity" disease.

If others also experience this 'Cure", then this posting (post 400 of this thread) should be a sticky...
    Last edited by UConn94; 02-03-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    rickscheller likes this.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB
    Asus T100 owners, if you are suffering from "Limited Connectivity", there may be a cure. Link to potential cure posting

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    My "limited Connectivity" problem was total and repeatable. I must have socialized with about 10 different routers, only two were problematic, including my home router. Let me note that my Dell laptop, and Samsung Android tablet never failed on my home router. There is something specific that was causing a problem. Older routers didn't have this problem. Don't know what the Applebee's router was. Mine is much newer than others I have used, and that may be a clue.

My tablet now shows a download rate of 27 Mbps, Upload of 5 Mbps, wireless, using speedtest.net, which is what I am suppose to have for service.

We need more input from others on this potential 'cure'.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Mine goes through phases. Sometimes it runs for days to weeks with no issues, then I'll get limited connectivity issues 2-4 times over the course of maybe 3 days and then it'll be pretty steady again for days to weeks.

Still running on .168 MS as the most stable. Every other time I've tried any newer drivers, no matter the settings, I can't get beyond 12hrs without it crunching the connection. I've tried toughing it out with the latest drivers for a week to see if it improved and it never did. I probably had on average 3 "limited connectivity" issues per day over that week.

So on the old ones. That said, the old drivers work just fine. I hit ~84Mbps on 2.4GHz 40MHz and ~76Mbps on 5GHz 40MHz, which seems to be a function of the Wifi chipset as well as the SDIO interface (which is 100Mbps max, before overhead). Fingers crossed future T100 models have better wifi, also that Intel changes the interface from SDIO to HSIC (that is USB2 based, so 480Mbps bandwidth, 280Mbps practical after overhead) and we see 802.11ac chipsets in the tablets.

A lot better than my old iPad 2 and faster than my iPhone 5 (which maxes at around 60Mbps on 5GHz 40MHz, iPad 2 was around 30Mbps). My wife's iPhone 6 though can hit around 150Mbps or so connected to my 11ac router, though with SMB file transfers (using the File Browser application) it maxes at around 8MB/sec, I assume that SMB/the app has a lot higher processing overhead, as my iPhone 5 hits ~60Mbps on speedtest, but only 4MB/sec on file transfers. Which still makes my T100 better for a lot of things I use even over Apple's latest stuff (though maybe the Air or Air2 might be faster with their beefier processors and even better wifi).
    Last edited by azazel1024; 02-04-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Since installing the 5 "Recommended" Asus Live updates, network connection has been rock solid, not a single hiccup.

But I haven't installed the antivirus software. I did a quick search on AVG and "Limited Connectivity", and there was some discussion of it, don't yet know if it was a coincidental or causal problem, and my connection acted up on specific routers. It is something I will look at.

When you see the data transfer parameters with devices like USB, and Ethernet, it isn't as straight forward as you think. Many high speed serial protocols, and I bet USB is no different, uses 8B10B encode/decode. 8B10B ensures bit changes to allow phase locked loop circuitry to extract clock and data information from asynchronous streams. USB 3.0 and SATA does use this method. In short, every byte is 10 bits long. In addition to data, there are other embedded packet information that is mixed with the datastream, probably insignificant when it comes to large data files.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    That is why I mentioned the before overhead. USB2/3 has more issues than simply 8B10 encoding in terms of overhead, but that is a story for another day. It would still be an improvement over SDIO.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    That is why I mentioned the before overhead. USB2/3 has more issues than simply 8B10 encoding in terms of overhead, but that is a story for another day. It would still be an improvement over SDIO.
    And when you use a USB sniffer software, there is a lot of coordination and 'heartbeat' messages going back and forth.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    I when to the same AppleBee's for lunch today where I previously had connection problems. No problems with connections today. Also, over the weekend, I fired up the tablet in the middle of the night on the other side of the house as the router. At first I had limited connectivity, no internet access, but I also had other routers near by that may be causing interference. I disconnected and reconnected, and had no further problems with internet connections. It is more likely than not that the 'Recommended' updates are 'Need to have', and all my connectivity issues have been resolved.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links