Like Tree112Likes

Thread: WiFi tips, tricks & problems

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    I will note that the BIOS update was painless and easy - Thank you Asus.

I seem to spend more time waiting for Windows to update, than using the T100 - No thanks, Microsoft... too, too many updates, a real pain when you need to go, and Windows says, Don't turn off....

I am waiting forever for Windows to undo the changes it couldn't do, if THAT makes any sense...
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB
    Asus T100 owners, if you are suffering from "Limited Connectivity", there may be a cure. Link to potential cure posting
    Audio Problems after Win 10 upgrade? Solution here...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    I have Broadcom driver Version 5.93.99.187.1

Good connection still...
    Swipe likes this.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB
    Asus T100 owners, if you are suffering from "Limited Connectivity", there may be a cure. Link to potential cure posting

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UConn94 View Post
    I will note that the BIOS update was painless and easy - Thank you Asus.

I seem to spend more time waiting for Windows to update, than using the T100 - No thanks, Microsoft... too, too many updates, a real pain when you need to go, and Windows says, Don't turn off....

I am waiting forever for Windows to undo the changes it couldn't do, if THAT makes any sense...
    Don't worry about those, went through the same, just keep doing Windows Updates, until you finally pull them all, regardless of how much time, rollbacks it took, was able to finish them, then no more, device was much better, the next/new updates went like a breeze after the large chunks, it's just the starting ones that take time. First two days when I got the device, I did only this in all of my time, apart from anything else .
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    @UConn94... are you good or not... please give us a detailed status update for your situation.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, new T100TAM user here. I'm sorry if this has been covered, but unfortunately I don't have time to read all 40 pages...

I started using my tablet a couple of weeks ago. No problems, windows updates slowly installed, no ASUS updates listed, internet fine. Last night, however, I got the dreaded Limited Connectivity. Tried to restart, but that just kept spinning and I had to use the power button.

My first instinct was to do a system restore, since I've been making restore points before installing certain software and Windows Update has been making some. But for whatever utterly bizarre reason, there was 0% allotted for storing restore points, so none of them existed. (Why on earth would this be a default setting? What is the point of having it set to create restore points if there is no room for them to be saved and the computer immediately deletes them? Sigh...)

For now I've rolled back the driver to 5.93.97.168. It was originally 5.97.98.207. BIOS version is... whatever it came with. It appears to be T100TAM.205 (dated 7/25/2014).

If the tablet was for general use, and the problem was occasional and fixed by a simple reboot, I would just live with it. But I bought this specifically as a lightweight computer with good battery life for the purpose of using in a college class this semester-- and this includes taking online quizzes and online tests in the middle of class. I would hope that the school's LMS saves answers as I go and would let me pick up where I left if I have to restart the tablet, but I don't want to test that theory on a midterm that is worth 25% of my grade.

Any suggestions? (I'm half-tempted to return it for another one and hope I don't run into the same problem again...)

Thanks!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    @UConn94... are you good or not... please give us a detailed status update for your situation.
    Absolutely, and yes, I am good AND I will stay with this until convinced that this was the solution everyone is looking for.

I took "recommended" as 'nice to have, but not necessary'. I did another Restore from my previous postings, and now "Do Everything" update. The BIOS was flashed, version of 304. If I am allowed to upload screen shots, I can show by images where others can go to do this update, because it isn't obvious and automatic, only if the connection remains solid for a week. If others with "Limited Connectivity", that hasn't done this update, and/or don't know how to do this update, should try it to see if it fixes the problem.
    rickscheller likes this.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    In text, it goes like this: Mouse over the task bar, the lower right of the screen. Mouse over the little up arrow, text tip should say "Show hidden Icons". Click it. Another window pops up, with the word "Customize" on the bottom. Mouse over the icons, look for "ASUS Live Update...." Text tip. When you see it, click on it. The ASUS Live Update window pops up. Look for "Recommended Updates", click on it. It will perform updates. It will restart/reboot several times. Watch for the Bios Flash Update, note the version number. The update service will automatically flash the BIOS, you don't have to do anything but watch it do its thing.

It will not restart by itself, it will show two buttons prompting you to select one of the two, "Restart", and "Postpone". Restart, of course.

Also note that ASUS Live Update logs all updates. There is a link (blue text, underlined), that says "Check Install History". It will display what was updated, Date, Time, Level, Name of update, status, and version. The BIOS is a critical update ("... why in Recommended...."), and mine states 304.

The Five updates installed were:
    1. BIOS version 304
    2. T100TAFWUpdate, Version V1.0.0.6
    3. Intel SOC Driver Package, version V10E
    4. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver, Version V7.1.0.479
    5. Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application, version V5.93.99.187.1

Updating is easy and painless, trouble free.
    Last edited by UConn94; 01-30-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    I usually do not plug software, but I will make an exception for ClassicShell.. It gives me the Start button back, and Windows XP Classic Start menu, which I have gotten to like, and startup in Desktop, not Metro Window crap. Also restores some of the options Microsoft took away.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eladnarra View Post
    I started using my tablet a couple of weeks ago. No problems, windows updates slowly installed, no ASUS updates listed, internet fine. Last night, however, I got the dreaded Limited Connectivity. Tried to restart, but that just kept spinning and I had to use the power button.
    Welcome to the Club! You are not alone.

We will get to the bottom of this, the solution, so we will no longer suffer "Limited Connectivity" any more.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    9 times
    For those who have been suffering the "Limited Connectivity" problem, Try the steps below. If it doesn't work, perform a factory reset, and immediately perform the recommended updates. If you do the recommended updates, and fixes your connectivity problem, please, please let us know here.

If you have tried all kinds of patches and driver changes without success, you may want to restore the tablet to its factory reset (I did this 6 times already before having this issue fixed) just to have a clean platform to work with. After a factory restore and the setup of Microsoft Office 2013, set a Windows Restore point.

Update_T100.jpg

Here is the flow path to update and verify ASUS recommended updates by ASUS Live Update.

They say recommended, but it should be mandatory.

1. Mouse over the task bar, the lower right of the screen. Mouse over the little up arrow, text tip should say "Show hidden Icons". Click it.

2. Another window pops up, with the word "Customize" on the bottom. Mouse over the icons, look for "ASUS Live Update...." Text tip. When you see it, click on it.

3. The ASUS Live Update window pops up. Look for "Recommended Updates", click on it. It will perform updates. It will restart/reboot several times.

4. Verify updates. From the task bar, find and run ASUS Live Update. There is a link (blue text, underlined), that says "Check Install History". It will display what was updated, Date, Time, Level, Name of update, status, and version.

Drivers/versions
    - Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter, Version 5.93.99.187 dated 12/4/2013
    - BIOS, Version 304
    - T100TAFWUpdate, version V1.0.0.6
    - Intel Driver Package, Version V10E
    - Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework, Version V7.1.0.479

Note: If there isn't any updates, ASUS Live Update icon will not be in the tray, meaning there isn't any updates pending. To access the Asus Live Update Log, select "Customize" and change the the "Behaviors" from "Only show notification" to "Show icon and notification".

UPDATE - Feb 28, 2015: The "Limited Connectivity" problem that was experienced before the Asus Live Update has not returned at all the places where it was experienced with my T100 tablet. It has been a month now without a network hiccup or problem.

UPDATE - Dec 20, 2015: Still has rock-solid performance, no WiFi/Connectivity issues
    Last edited by UConn94; 12-20-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    Asus T100TA-C1-GR, 64GB

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links