Like Tree112Likes

Thread: WiFi tips, tricks & problems

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    no problems nere so far 3 routers all connect and maintain flawlessly. no bt to test though
    Last edited by MadSquabbles; 02-13-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    It is a little early to tell because I am traveling still and where I am it forces a login page every 12hrs, so that may be impacting it. I upgraded to 99.187, but I still got limited connectivity after around 24hrs on the new drivers.

I then did this

Open command prompt with administrative rights
    Type the following commands and hit enter after each command:
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

It was suggested on a page about 8.1 limited connectivity problems. Apparently 8.1 can puke itself when resizing TCP window sizes sometimes with some drivers. Or that is the working theory. The above two ensures Windows sets a static 65,536 bit size window instead of dynamic and RSS enabled is setting receive side scaling (using more than one processor core for TCP/IP processing) on, which may or may not be on by default, I didn't check before enabling it.

After 48hrs, no issues, but again, that re-login windows might be throwing it. I'll check back in in a few days once I've had a chance to run it at home for a few days, but so far so good.

rscheller
    Asus>Support>Download website is showing a "new version dated today 2/18/14" of the Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application. Ironically it is labeled ver 5.93.99.187

Does Asus really know what they're doing? I'm gonna try it when I get home.

Doesn't seem to be any different than that same version I'm already running. hurump...
    Last edited by rscheller; 02-18-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    Asus>Support>Download website is showing a "new version dated today 2/18/14" of the Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application. Ironically it is labeled ver 5.93.99.187

Does Asus really know what they're doing? I'm gonna try it when I get home.

Doesn't seem to be any different than that same version I'm already running. hurump...
    They've also conveniently, confusingly removed the prior dated 5.93.99.187 version.. strange they'd release a dated update without a new rev. I'm going to try it tonight as well.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    *sigh* and freakout this morning. It kept crashing the connection. It may have to do with the updated SoC package I installed last night, but rolling back to the .168 driver and everything seems to be working fine now. RDP connections kept crashing with the network stack exploding every 2-3 minutes forcing a reboot that would generally hang requiring a forced power off. Only happened this morning after charging the T100.

So not sure what is up with it. For now, I'll just go with the .168 driver and see. Fingers crossed for a newer driver at some point. I'll give it a whirl once I have a new router and or/WAP just to see if that makes any kind of difference, but it would still be very odd that a router and WAP that work for any other device I have thrown at it somehow doesn't work with just the T100.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    *sigh* and freakout this morning. It kept crashing the connection. It may have to do with the updated SoC package I installed last night, but rolling back to the .168 driver and everything seems to be working fine now. RDP connections kept crashing with the network stack exploding every 2-3 minutes forcing a reboot that would generally hang requiring a forced power off. Only happened this morning after charging the T100.

So not sure what is up with it. For now, I'll just go with the .168 driver and see. Fingers crossed for a newer driver at some point. I'll give it a whirl once I have a new router and or/WAP just to see if that makes any kind of difference, but it would still be very odd that a router and WAP that work for any other device I have thrown at it somehow doesn't work with just the T100.
    Well, you are not alone with those issues. I recently had several weeks of perfect WiFi operation under the 99.187 drivers until I bought a new LG smart TV. Shortly after setting it up, I began to experience those limited connections problems again (even at 5 GHz) and they happened right after I installed the TV. Which prompt me to ask: could those connectivity issues / crashing being caused by interference coming from other devices? It seems to be the case for me. I'll have to investigate this further.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I tried all versions!
    Weak signal in all of them!
    When I'm trying to scanning networks The Internet disconnects a few moments

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4ceM4rine View Post
    Well, you are not alone with those issues. I recently had several weeks of perfect WiFi operation under the 99.187 drivers until I bought a new LG smart TV. Shortly after setting it up, I began to experience those limited connections problems again (even at 5 GHz) and they happened right after I installed the TV. Which prompt me to ask: could those connectivity issues / crashing being caused by interference coming from other devices? It seems to be the case for me. I'll have to investigate this further.
    I am willing to conceed that there could be something going on with my router and/or AP that is causing the issues, but I can't think of anything else on my network that could be. I've wiresharked things quite a bit and done a bunch of other sluething and I see nothing that could be causing them. The fairly wide spread number of users with network connectivity issues both with the T100 and other Windows 8.1 devices makes me think something else, usually, is the culprit rather than a device causing problems on the network.

It also wouldn't really explain how one version of the drivers seems to both work better (less common "limited connectivity") and cause less problems when not working (IE netstack locking up and/or preventing proper shutdown (alot of times if I reboot when things come crashing down, it'll power down, but it won't then actually reboot, forcing me to have to hard reset with the power button and then boot).
    Last edited by azazel1024; 02-19-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IL200 View Post
    I tried all versions!
    Weak signal in all of them!
    When I'm trying to scanning networks The Internet disconnects a few moments
    That doesn't sound like an issue with the drivers if you are seeing a weak signal. Are you located physically close to your router? Or is this trying to connect to a distant router?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I had all the problems mentioned above and I decided to do a factory reset. Did it from a USB pen drive created with Asus Backtracker and wipe everything and after all updates everything works flawlessly, both wifi and Bluetooth. Also noticed battery is more constant, ~11h and all of that was done in 223 bios. Updated everything, 225 Bios, soc patch, new wifi drivers (99), and no errors BSOD's whatsoever.
    I advise everyone with such problems to do a factory reset in 225 BIOS

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links