Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: T100 cracked/replaced screen MEGA thread - how, where, how much - ALL posts here.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

T100 cracked/replaced screen MEGA thread - how, where, how much - ALL posts here.

My son has the Asus T100 and has cracked the screen. How or where can I get the screen replaced? The Asus website was of no help. The closest repair center is in Georgia which is to far away. Thank you.

The T100 replacement screen / digitiser MEGA thread.

This sticky thread has been created from a number of separate threads posted on this issue. It is now the place to post ALL questions, guides, photos, videos, links, questions or whatever else you can think of on this subject.

Good luck to all those who need to replace their screen or whatever.

Janner43, Administrator

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1223 times
    I checked on Ebay, there are about 7 listings for the touch screen/digitizer. Not positve if this is what you need, another member with the T100 may have some advice. The T100 is quite new on the market and parts are most likely hard to find. This is a link to one of the listings. I have no experience buying Asus parts via Ebay.

You can search for Asus T100 touch screen and several should turn up, I think they are almost all located in Hong Kong. Good luck.

New Orginal 10 1'' Asus Transformer T100 T10TA Touch Screen Digitizer Panel | eBay

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1223 times
    http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?

You could contact this site above or the one below which carries Asus parts in Europe: (Ask them if they have the Screen replacement...)

http://www.asusparts.eu/en

Found these via Google Search for "Asus parts"
    Last edited by Swipe; 01-28-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    can you show us a pic?
    just to complete this topic

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    It's a doozy of a crack. The left-hand side of the crack has no response to touch or using the mouse. The right-hand side of the screen still has touch and mouse function.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by wrhatt View Post
    My son has the Asus T100 and has cracked the screen. How or where can I get the screen replaced? The Asus website was of no help. The closest repair center is in Georgia which is to far away. Thank you.
    If you don't mind... what activity cracked the screen so we can all know what to avoid doing?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    If you don't mind... what activity cracked the screen so we can all know what to avoid doing?
    good question.
    i think we both love drama

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    All I know is his version of the events. His school backpack is stuffed to its maximum. In the middle of his books and school supplies he stored his tablet. When he retrieved his tablet the screen was cracked. Most likely he dropped his backpack somewhere at school or tossed his backpack somewhere resulting in the screen cracking.

rscheller
    Yep... add don't stuff T100 into bulging backpack between all the books and then toss backpack around like a sockerball <check>.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Replacing a cracked screen.

So I just cracked the screen of my t100 and I am not sure of what to do. I bought it from Best Buy about 2 months ago without a warranty, ( I realize now that was dumb) and the Asus ADP doesn't cover purchases from Best Buy apparently. From what I understand, getting it fixed by some kind of asus service center will be very expensive, so this is not an option. I'm thinking the only thing to do is to go about fixing it myself.

The crack has made the touchscreen pretty much impossible to use. It thinks its being pressed constantly. But the damage is only on the screen, so I'm thinking I can just replace it. Now I realize that its a relatively new model, so parts are scarce. But there seems to be quite a few manufacturers out of China that are selling them on ebay, like this one here:

New Orginal 10 1&apos;&apos; Asus Transformer T100 T10TA Touch Screen Digitizer Panel | eBay

Does anybody no anything about this? Can these screens for sale be trusted?

Has anyone here attempted such a feat? If so can you lend some guidance? Because I can't even figure out how to take the screen off.

I've attached some pictures of the break.image (1).jpgimage (2).jpgimage.jpg

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links