Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: T100 cracked/replaced screen MEGA thread - how, where, how much - ALL posts here.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drushkan View Post
    Did someone know Is touchscreen on Asus transformer 100TA compatible with this on 100HA?
    My is broken, so I would like to replace it
    Your post has been moved to the correct thread. Please search before posting.
    drushkan likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    This thread has unfortunately become littered with nothing but (a) people looking for help (and, legitimately, unable to find it among this extremely long and difficult-to-navigate thread), or (b) mods that condescendingly take new topics and merge them into this mega-thread. A thread is like a drawer or a jar. You throw a whole bunch of stuff in there, and the more stuff that fills it, the harder it is to find what you're looking for.

I, for one, have had a question asked since March 2016, and the only response I got (thankfully!) was to look for part number 10104A-03X. I Googled that, and I got 1 (one) eBay result in Italy, and the rest are shade-tree websites flung all over the world. None here in the USA. And what proof that it's the right part number? I appreciate the reply, given that nobody seems to actually be frequenting this thread to provide replies, but it doesn't really help much.

My T100TAF is now sitting in a lonely box, relegated to being a crappy emergency laptop with a keyboard dock that disconnects intermittently... and an eBay touchscreen replacement that works 0.0% of the time.

It's fair to say that this is a prevalent problem, and that means it could use more split-out threads and less merging, IMO... or an edited first-post that serves as an index of useful answers. As it is now, this is just a junk drawer of people in need of answers that don't seem to be coming...

edit: There is a seller in Texas that seems to be selling a fair number of T100TAF replacement digitizers for a not-cheap price (approx $55 + $8 ship). One of which is item #191828354790. I think I'll lay down the cash and buy it up, as when I replaced my Asus Nexus 7 (2013)'s screen, a "genuine" OEM screen cost twice as much as the garbage "Dig Repair" knockoff, and actually works properly 90% of the time - is also thicker and has a smooth finish to the glass. So, there's the possibility that this could be a working replacement... I'll ping the seller and ask about the packaging.
    Last edited by FalconFour; 01-31-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Looking for new screen for a t100HAN the TA will not work.

Anyone know where to get one?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Nope I tried it. I'm still looking for a replacement for my HAN. Any luck finding one?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    The display of my T100TA is broken, only the glass, the LCD is operating normally, touch screen no.
    I have read many posts of spare parts that do not work, to buy a touch screen you simply look for T100Ta DK002H spare part, the letters that I read on the back of the transformer?
    Do you know any good dealer where to buy a good touch screen?
    On ebay I saw touch screen for about 25-35€; I have no problems opening the t100, rather it seems to me that the main problem is finding the right parts.

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,guys!
    I have a broken glass in my Tranformer Book T100TA.I had to dissasembly the tablet to find out the serial code on the digitezer.I removed all the screws and pieces(except to display).After that i realised that wouldn't be necessary,because I need just to remove the digitezer cable,without all that stuff.After I reassembled the tablet it shows me that spots on images.IMG_1 doesn't trouble me very much,but IMG_2 is disturbing me.My prognostication is that I confused the screws and they are not in the right positions.
    If you what is the problem,please,tell me,and if is that that I specificed cand you give me the locations where the screws need to be placed?
    Thank you!
    PS:Sorry for my English and if I posted in the wrong forum
    IMG_1.jpgIMG_2.png
    Last edited by dragosneagu; 03-31-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, ive broken my ASUS T100TAF, it was in my stuffed bag with the lid closed but the rubber feet on the inside had long gone so the screen cracked, the LCD is perfectly fine but the glass and touch is not working. anyone know whereabouts in the UK an ASUS T100TAF can have a screen replacement. I dont trust eBay kits since they are generic and normally dont work well at all
    Right now the laptop is perfectly usable, but not as a tablet because of the screen.
    Also anyone know where to get the rubber feet (the ones on the top of the keyboard and by the trackpad).

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    Hi, I just got one from Amazon last week for aT100ATF. I'm not familiar with the piece and have not tried to install yet - so I can only assume it is correct. Based on the description, reviews, and questions, on Amazon it should be. They have more than a couple digitizer souces for T100 on Amazon.

Good Luck
    OS Explorer: Windows user, Apple enthusiast, Android and Linux dabbler

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I am trying to replace the screen on my daughter's t100a
    The digitizer number is fp-tpay10104a-02x-h on the one I am taking out, I ordered off Amazon a replacement with the same model number in the title but received fp-tpay10104a-02x-hD. Does the extra D mean it is a different model. I just want to check before I start, and I can not find a definite answer on the internet

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links