Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: T100 cracked/replaced screen MEGA thread - how, where, how much - ALL posts here.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Welcome to the Forum.

I would think there is a YouTube Vid that will give you step by step directions.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I'll follow up on the sites you all posted. Thank you for the reply's.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Welcome to the Forum.

I would think there is a YouTube Vid that will give you step by step directions.
    Hey Thanks,

I found some youtube videos for similar models, but nothing specifically for the t100. Do you think it will be a similar process?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    The tablet comes apart by two tabs in the base inside of where the latches for the keyboard dock attach. Once those are poped it just working around the perimeter of the tablet to get it apart (use a guitar pick or some other kind of thin plastic, a plastic butter knife might work also). Then it seems like it should be relatively straight foward looking at the few fuzzy pictures I've seen of it apart.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    The tablet comes apart by two tabs in the base inside of where the latches for the keyboard dock attach. Once those are poped it just working around the perimeter of the tablet to get it apart (use a guitar pick or some other kind of thin plastic, a plastic butter knife might work also). Then it seems like it should be relatively straight foward looking at the few fuzzy pictures I've seen of it apart.
    Hey thanks,

I figured out how to get it off, but it looks more complicated than the other models. Do you have the link to those fuzzy pictures?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Here are some fuzzy pictures. Might even be able to get some more help there. Please let us know how it turns out and keep us updated. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514818

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MattWeed9 View Post
    Here are some fuzzy pictures. Might even be able to get some more help there. Please let us know how it turns out and keep us updated. Asus T100 hardware tear down - xda-developers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I think I'm going to just have to wait till there is a good step by step tutorial on how to replace the screen on this model. I'm not savvy enough to just wing it. So I'll just have to be patient until then. But I was at least able to get it working again by turning off the touch screen function.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

T100 T10TA Touch screen digitizer replacement

This is a very easy fix however, getting your hands on a replacement panel right now is challenging. A customer brought one in for repair, so i ordered from China here>>> 10 1'' New Orginal Asus Transformer T100 T10TA Touch Screen Digitizer Panel | eBay only to never recieve it. The seller gladly refunded my $$$ and said they had no more in stock. Thats odd because their listing contradicts that! So I decided to try this listing from Hong Kong>>> New Orginal 10 1'' Asus Transformer T100 T10TA Touch Screen Digitizer Panel | eBay for $85n then noticed the shipping was $200? So i emailed the seller with this question>>>

Dear yake-gandi3388,

why so much for shipping? $200 US?

- spokane-valley-pc

Only to get this reply>>>

Dear spokane-valley-pc,

Hi friend,
    Sorry,we haven't it now.please don't buy it.
    Tks your understand again
    Best regards and Have a nice day
    Miake

So it looks like a waiting game for some manufacturer to release stock to the US for resale. If someone finds an outlet for this replacement panel please email me at spokanevalleypc@gmail.com

Thanks,
    BillyRay, owner

$_12.JPG

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneValleyPC View Post
    This is a very easy fix however, getting your hands on a replacement panel right now is challenging. A customer brought one in for repair, so i ordered from China here>>> 10 1'' New Orginal Asus Transformer T100 T10TA Touch Screen Digitizer Panel | eBay only to never recieve it. The seller gladly refunded my $$$ and said they had no more in stock. Thats odd because their listing contradicts that! So I decided to try this listing from Hong Kong>>> New Orginal 10 1'' Asus Transformer T100 T10TA Touch Screen Digitizer Panel | eBay for $85n then noticed the shipping was $200? So i emailed the seller with this question>>>

Dear yake-gandi3388,

why so much for shipping? $200 US?

- spokane-valley-pc

Only to get this reply>>>

Dear spokane-valley-pc,

Hi friend,
    Sorry,we haven't it now.please don't buy it.
    Tks your understand again
    Best regards and Have a nice day
    Miake

So it looks like a waiting game for some manufacturer to release stock to the US for resale. If someone finds an outlet for this replacement panel please email me at spokanevalleypc@gmail.com

Thanks,
    BillyRay, owner

$_12.JPG
    Seems like ebay has a bunch of these now if you search "t100 digitizer asus". Any luck verifying that the fix is possible? I have a friend who is asking me to do it for his kids T100. Cracked, and touch screen not working to left half of screen.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Have a cracked t100 screen myself. Didn't take much---dropped it from about 3 ft.

Talked to customer service today and they said that they don't sell the screen separately at all. They offered to fix it, and fortunately my warranty covered it. Not sure what they would have charged otherwise.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links