Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Tablet Won't Turn On After Sleep

Hi, I got an asus transformer book t100 for Christmas and it's running windows 8.1. I love the tablet but there is one problem and I really don't know what to do.
    When the tablet goes to sleep, manually or after the 10 min time set, the screen won't come back on. The computer is not dead, and isn't turning off either because if music is playing it will keep playing, but the screen won't turn on when I click the power button. I have to hold it down for a really long time and restart the computer to be able to do anything. This started about the day after I got it and I eventually tried a "Refresh" from the settings that kept everything but removed anything that wasn't downloaded from the store. And it fixed the problem for a little while until it started again the other day and is even worse then before not turning on almost every other time.

I really have no clue what is wrong, or how to fix it. If there is a way to do it without a factory reset that would be wonderful, as i have a lot on the laptop now... But if it will fix it that's what I may have to do.

If you have any ideas on what is going on or how to fix it let me know! Thanks!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    31 times
    Many of us had the same issue. A BIOS update and system restore typically solve it completely.

First, you should update your BIOS to version 2.20 if you haven't already.

Next, you should probably refresh or restore the system software. A refresh will keep installed software and settings, but doesn't always fix all issues. A full system restore is preferable but will remove all installed software, updates, and settings. There are many threads here detailing the process.

After that, your system should function amazingly well.
    Last edited by Banise; 01-04-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
    Hi, I got an asus transformer book t100 for Christmas and it's running windows 8.1. I love the tablet but there is one problem and I really don't know what to do.
    When the tablet goes to sleep, manually or after the 10 min time set, the screen won't come back on. The computer is not dead, and isn't turning off either because if music is playing it will keep playing, but the screen won't turn on when I click the power button. I have to hold it down for a really long time and restart the computer to be able to do anything. This started about the day after I got it and I eventually tried a "Refresh" from the settings that kept everything but removed anything that wasn't downloaded from the store. And it fixed the problem for a little while until it started again the other day and is even worse then before not turning on almost every other time.

I really have no clue what is wrong, or how to fix it. If there is a way to do it without a factory reset that would be wonderful, as i have a lot on the laptop now... But if it will fix it that's what I may have to do.

If you have any ideas on what is going on or how to fix it let me know! Thanks!
    i am having the very same problem as yours
    but it does not happen so often
    i am watching it and if it happen more often, i think i should go to the service center
    this is the only problem I have to face on T100, the other things is AMAZING

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links