Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 444
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL T100 microSD Discussion & Help Thread

  1. #241
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    64427
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Posts
    1,249
    Liked
    291 times
    I was refering to i2McAbre on using a tool to format the micro SD card versus windows formating tools.

  2. #242
    Soundwave
    Member #
    70958
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    I was refering to i2McAbre on using a tool to format the micro SD card versus windows formating tools.
    Maybe if you use reply with quote or mention the name of the person you're replying to we would have a clue...

  3. #243
    G2k
    G2k is offline
    Soundwave
    Member #
    70289
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, all. I'm new to this Great forum, and thoroughly enjoying my T100. I too have a Sandisk 64Gb micro SD card in this machine. It was recognized immediately and works.

    In my case when I: Charms>Power>Shut Down...after I turn it back on it, and let the machine sort itself. If I try to open my downloads folder it opens the folder instantly but takes about 10 seconds to display the contents, while it "reads" the contents of it.

    I'm on the latest BIOS, and I have moved My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, and Downloads to the SD card to save space on my C:\ Drive. My Sandisk card is formatted eXFAT.


    My Music folder is 6+GB in size, Pictures is almost 400MB, Videos folder is 18.9GB, and they ALL display contents near instantly.

    Downloads folder is less than 100MB. Once it has opened/displayed the contents, as long as I don't fully shut it down, my Downloads folder displays its content instantly when opened.

    Also I have noticed that I used to get around 5-8MB/sec transfer speed when copying files, but now get 3-4MB/sec transfer speed. Any idea what could be causing this or what I can do to fix it?

    Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough and clearly convey the state of my machine. Thanks in advanced for any help with this.

  4. #244
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    64427
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Posts
    1,249
    Liked
    291 times
    Well for the slow down is this over wifi? If so, have you narrowed down any possible wifi related causes (or double checked, by say copying direct to eMMC to verify it is as slow copying to internal storage as to the micro SD card)? As for the slow bit, do you have indexing turned on? A lot of small downloads in the folder?

    Maybe try deleting the downloads folder and recreating it?

    You could also try formatting the card NTFS, though I don't know how/why that might make a difference, but I did have some issues where my photo app would refuse to do any kind of file modification commands to my micro SD card (it would crash out if I tried copying, moving, deleting, renaming, etc any file) when it was exFAT formatted. Reformatted to NTFS and it works like a charm. This was only that app. I could do whatever I wanted in file explorer and it worked fine.

  5. #245
    G2k
    G2k is offline
    Soundwave
    Member #
    70289
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    Well for the slow down is this over wifi? If so, have you narrowed down any possible wifi related causes (or double checked, by say copying direct to eMMC to verify it is as slow copying to internal storage as to the micro SD card)? As for the slow bit, do you have indexing turned on? A lot of small downloads in the folder?

    Maybe try deleting the downloads folder and recreating it?

    You could also try formatting the card NTFS, though I don't know how/why that might make a difference, but I did have some issues where my photo app would refuse to do any kind of file modification commands to my micro SD card (it would crash out if I tried copying, moving, deleting, renaming, etc any file) when it was exFAT formatted. Reformatted to NTFS and it works like a charm. This was only that app. I could do whatever I wanted in file explorer and it worked fine.
    Thank you for the quick reply and help. The slow down is not over wifi. It happens when I try to copy or move anything into/out of the SD Card.

    The Downloads folder does have 5 MS Office templates and a text file in it. I guess I could restore my folders back to C: and then re-format the card. However I would think with only 5 - 6 items in the Downloads folder, that it would open up instantly.

    Granted, any folder with a bunch of files less than say 4k in size will tax the read speed of any SD Card. But 6 items shouldn't equal a 10 second wait to display the contents of the folder, or so I would think, but I could be wrong.

    Indexing is NOT on for this drive, but I did do a check of it and Windows did find errors on the drive. So I am going to have Windows try to fix it at next boot. I will post back with the results.

  6. #246
    Soundwave
    Member #
    70958
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G2k View Post
    Hi, all. I'm new to this Great forum, and thoroughly enjoying my T100. I too have a Sandisk 64Gb micro SD card in this machine. It was recognized immediately and works.

    In my case when I: Charms>Power>Shut Down...after I turn it back on it, and let the machine sort itself. If I try to open my downloads folder it opens the folder instantly but takes about 10 seconds to display the contents, while it "reads" the contents of it.

    I'm on the latest BIOS, and I have moved My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, and Downloads to the SD card to save space on my C:\ Drive. My Sandisk card is formatted eXFAT.


    My Music folder is 6+GB in size, Pictures is almost 400MB, Videos folder is 18.9GB, and they ALL display contents near instantly.

    Downloads folder is less than 100MB. Once it has opened/displayed the contents, as long as I don't fully shut it down, my Downloads folder displays its content instantly when opened.

    Also I have noticed that I used to get around 5-8MB/sec transfer speed when copying files, but now get 3-4MB/sec transfer speed. Any idea what could be causing this or what I can do to fix it?

    Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough and clearly convey the state of my machine. Thanks in advanced for any help with this.
    Ok, couple of things:

    • The more full a SD card or (SSD for that matter) is, the slower it gets. This has to do with the way the data is written and read; especially for SSD's you should make sure you have enough free space optimize using "trimm" and use something called "over-provisioning" (Google it)
    • Run a simple benchmark program like CrystalDiskMark and check what results you get with empty SD and with the SD card having the current data on it
    • Do you use any kind of virus scanner? If so disable it and check your benchmark again: it is not uncommon for a virus scanner to severely impede with the speed of your system. If you run Microsoft's own virus scanner find one that has less impact and - quite frankly - is better


    Let us know what your findings are...

  7. #247
    G2k
    G2k is offline
    Soundwave
    Member #
    70289
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    OK...UPDATED INFO:

    I restored the pc to Out Of Box state. I then reinstalled the windows 8.1 update 1 manually.


    Then I took azazel1024's advice and reformatted the card to NTFS...Holy Cow Batman what a major speed increase.

    I am now getting ~20MB/sec read and about 8-10MB/sec write (with all my music, pics, videos, etc installed to the card).

    So it would seem somewhere between the 2 things I did the problem has been fixed.

    Thank you azazel1024....

    Thank you to hgoor too...

    Bullet 1: I know as SD Cards and SSD's fill up they slow down, I have a trim command set under scheduled tasks but when I try to run it on the SD Card it says: optimization not available, I don't know why.

    The SD Card is formatted NTFS but maybe I need to have windows treat it like a permanent drive??

    Bullet 2: I now have all my stuff copied back to the card and everything opens instantly and displays instantly. So I'm going to hold off on dumping everything again, at least for now.

    Bullet 3: I use Windows defender as my AV/MW protection. It doesn't seem to really slow the system.

    What would you guys recommend for anti virus that doesn't clobber this lil gem of a machine?

  8. #248
    Jazz
    Member #
    66463
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    69
    Liked
    10 times
    Bullet 1: SD Card doesn't have TRIM function and therefore cannot use TRIM
    Bullet 3: Windows Defender is good enough and I won't go look for another antivirus unless you feel the need to.

  9. #249
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    64427
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Posts
    1,249
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovinox View Post
    Bullet 1: SD Card doesn't have TRIM function and therefore cannot use TRIM
    Bullet 3: Windows Defender is good enough and I won't go look for another antivirus unless you feel the need to.
    I agree with Bullet 3 with the caveat that I tend to stay away from anything that could even remotely seem virus ladened. I mostly stay in the happy go lucky parts of the internet. Windows Defender is certainly not the best anti-virus product out there, however it is an okay product and it has the advantage that it rarely if ever causes actual issues with Windows or other applications. I DEFFINITELY cannot say the same about most other anti-virus products. Same with system overhead.

    Windows Defender is like the golden retriever that sometimes barks when someone comes to the door. A number of other anti-virus products are the tortured pit bull that is going to tear the arm off the mailman just for trying to give you your mail...and also might still let the burgler in to steal your stuff because they were sleeping.

  10. #250
    Soundwave
    Member #
    70925
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, my first post about this funny&buggy device, here my microSD experience.
    Have used a 2GB old microSD mostly for testing and it was alright.

    Yesterday got a new Samsung 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Pro which by inserting wasn't recognized untill restarting device. Formatted, lost it many times when device went sleeping, applied the power cfg fix from page 24, no way to have card present consistently.

    One year ago got similar Samsung 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Pro (but four times more expensive at that time) for my Note2 and because worked very well so far have decided to keep the brand.

    Today exchanged the memory cards and was very surprised that the older 64GB Asus recognized from the first insert and never dissapeared, while the mobile is happy with the newer 32GB, although had to move some gigs from one to the other.

 

 
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL T100 microSD Discussion & Help Thread
    By lordvy in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 07:26 PM
  2. [OFFICIAL] SL101 JellyBean Thread
    By Frederuco in forum Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 04:01 AM
  3. [OFFICIAL] TF101 JellyBean Thread
    By Frederuco in forum Jelly Bean
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 01:54 AM
  4. [OFFICIAL] TF201 JellyBean Thread - IT'S HERE!
    By Frederuco in forum Jelly Bean
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM

Search tags for this page

asus t100 lexar sdcard problem
,

asus t100 micro sd

,

asus t100 micro sd format in exfat or ntfs

,

asus t100 microsd

,

asus t100 sd card

,
asus t100 sd card capacity
,

asus t100 sd card slot

,
asus t100ta microsd
,
asus transformer t100 save to sd card
,
entrada microsd no asus t100t
,

news

,

what micro sd card for asus t100 2016

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 AM.