*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrillyBits View Post
    I did a quick searh of this thread using Find (ctrl+F search auto) and did not find any results for AutoPlay so it seems nobody has tried this yet.
    I had problems with my ADATA 32GB Micro SD Card not being recognized properly when I turned on my T100 with the card inserted or when I inserted the card after the T100 was turned on. Explorer would not show the correct name of the card instead calling it a generic name and when I tried to open the card with Explorer the green bar would not complete. This did not happen every time but it did happen more times than not
    Since I turned AutoPlay off it has worked properly. (Hope I haven't spoken too soon )

- Control Panel
    - Hardware And Sound
    - AutoPlay
    - Un-Tick Use AutoPlay for all media and devices (at the top of the page)

I also have everything set to Choose a default but that might not be necessary
    If you want to get to the same settings as me the easy way is to click on Reset all defaults (at the bottom of the page) so everything resets to Choose a default then Un-Tick Use AutoPlay for all media and devices (at the top of the page)

Hope this helps someone
    Good information that will indeed help some folks.

Also....wondering how many people have updated their BIOS to v2.2.3 yet...the latest version.

When it comes to hardware and connectivity...being current on the BIOS version comes into play for all sorts of operational results and behavior. Not saying that its pertinent here...but a generally good practice to be up to date to eliminate that as a source of issues.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Here's one more setting to check to assure that the high-speed microSD cards work as designed...

<Go to the Device Manager (in Control Panel)
    <Under Disk Drives, select your microSD card (in my case, Drive D
    <Select Policies
    <Select Better Performance (note the information on that selection)

This will assure the fastest transfer rates within WIN 8.1.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I received a band new Samsung 64 Go PRO this morning. By default, card is formatted exFat.

My T100 is running BIOS 2.23.

Card is not detected at all.

I tried restarting the tablet with card already inserted. Card is not detected at all.

I tried the card through an adapter on USB3 port and the card is detected and functionnal.

I tried the card on another PC and everything was OK.

I tried formatting the card on NTFS but the card is still not detected.

With all these tests, I am pretty sure that problem met with all 64Go cards is related to the card reader or its driver but not the cards.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bengee View Post
    I received a band new Samsung 64 Go PRO this morning. By default, card is formatted exFat.

My T100 is running BIOS 2.23.

Card is not detected at all.

I tried restarting the tablet with card already inserted. Card is not detected at all.

I tried the card through an adapter on USB3 port and the card is detected and functionnal.

I tried the card on another PC and everything was OK.

I tried formatting the card on NTFS but the card is still not detected.

With all these tests, I am pretty sure that problem met with all 64Go cards is related to the card reader or its driver but not the cards.
    Looks like you've done a nice job of reducing the possibilities.

Have you tried a complete T100 shutdown and restart with the formatted card inserted (not just a power off)?

Also, have you checked your setting referenced in post #102?

Beyond that...the possibilities of the source of the problem are narrowed to just 1-2.

Update: I have a communication sent to an ASUS contact to see if there are any internal notices of this being a widespread issue. If I get any information, I will post it here.
    Last edited by ASUSFAN0001; 01-15-2014 at 12:19 PM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    NOTE TO ALL POSTERS:

Please stay on topic.

This thread is meant to discuss and assist users within this subject matter. Personal debates, insults, or other off-topic comments will be deleted.

People are trying to work with their fellow users. Let's all respect that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    dear mr ASUSFAN0001
    could you please report this problem to an asus technician so we can have an official answer to whats going on?
    this problem seems to affect quite few of us and prevents us from fully enjoying this awesome tablet!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by roccinio View Post
    dear mr ASUSFAN0001
    could you please report this problem to an asus technician so we can have an official answer to whats going on?
    this problem seems to affect quite few of us and prevents us from fully enjoying this awesome tablet!
    I recommend you read the last part of post #104.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Looks like you've done a nice job of reducing the possibilities.

Have you tried a complete T100 shutdown and restart with the formatted card inserted (not just a power off)?

Also, have you checked your setting referenced in post #102?

Beyond that...the possibilities of the source of the problem are narrowed to just 1-2.

Update: I have a communication sent to an ASUS contact to see if there are any internal notices of this being a widespread issue. If I get any information, I will post it here.
    I read post #102.

I the time of the tests, I couldn't complete it as I had no drive to select because the SD card was not detected.

Moreover, selecting "best performance" settings for SD card is not a good idea as it activates a writing cache. With this feature activated, if you unplug your card unsafely (without using 'eject' menu), you may loose data not written to the card and present in cache.

By going through all users experiences described in this thread, I noticed I was not the only having card not detected at all and I found a way making it working but not for long.

When card is not detected at all, you must first plug the card in the reader then fully power off the tablet. If you just restart, the drive firmware and the bios are not reset. The drive state doesn't change after a simple restart. So when you plug first the card then power off the tablet then restart it then you have the card detected and you have a drive letter displayed. Problem is the drive disapear after a while and specially after sleeping mode. I is like if the sleeping mode is activated after a while even if there are activities on the card.

This scenario with a full power off seems indicating there is a problem between the driver and the bios. When I read the posts on the forums, it looks like there are more problems since release of bios 2.23 not only related to SD cards (see 'wifi stability' thread). I think this bios is not stable and all people who updated their tablet with it encouter more issues since. May the zero point of the story.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bengee View Post
    I read post #102.

I the time of the tests, I couldn't complete it as I had no drive to select because the SD card was not detected.

Moreover, selecting "best performance" settings for SD card is not a good idea as it activates a writing cache. With this feature activated, if you unplug your card unsafely (without using 'eject' menu), you may loose data not written to the card and present in cache.
    Thank you for reporting back on your added information.

Your statement is correct - that is why the post that disclaimer on the screen for that setting. However after nearly 3 months of use and traveling extensively during that period of time...the microSD card here has never needed to be unplugged nor was it ever inadvertently unplugged. One assistance to get those results is a good tablet case. It has successfully operated at the suggested setting without incident.
    By going through all users experiences described in this thread, I noticed I was not the only having card not detected at all and I found a way making it working but not for long.

When card is not detected at all, you must first plug the card in the reader then fully power off the tablet. If you just restart, the drive firmware and the bios are not reset. The drive state doesn't change after a simple restart. So when you plug first the card then power off the tablet then restart it then you have the card detected and you have a drive letter displayed. Problem is the drive disapear after a while and specially after sleeping mode. I is like if the sleeping mode is activated after a while even if there are activities on the card.

This scenario with a full power off seems indicating there is a problem between the driver and the bios. When I read the posts on the forums, it looks like there are more problems since release of bios 2.23 not only related to SD cards (see 'wifi stability' thread). I think this bios is not stable and all people who updated their tablet with it encouter more issues since. May the zero point of the story.
    I can only testify that I have been running on BIOS v2.2.3 since it release, and it has not changed the successful operation of the Sandisk 64GB microSD card in my T100. It has remained on the fast performance setting before and after the v.2.2.0 to v2.2.3 BIOS upgrade as well here. There are also a number of other folks who are operating on v2.2.3 without a single report of issues, including about the microSD card. The evidence would seem to rule out the BIOS as a source of this particular problem for those who are experiencing it.

It would be curious to see if the change in that setting, even if for a short time, changes the ability of the cards to be read for those people reporting the problem of a properly formatted microSD card being readable. It would only take < 5 minutes to test that out. They could restore the other setting just as easily. This would at least provide some insight if that setting had any impact to those with a reported issue.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    5 times
    Knock on wood my SD card SanDisk 64 has been working fine under NTFS

But these issues remind me of what happened with my old Motorola Atrix, same issues. Some cards worked others didn't. Some people had issues others did not I had the issue and it turned out to be the SD card holder, simply didn't hold the card correctly

To fix one had to bend down the metal carrier. After that worked for years

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links