Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Touch screen problems?

My Transformer T100 has been perfect... until now! When I powered up and tried to launch the settings bar by swiping from the right side of the screen, I did not get any response. I plugged in the keyboard and the keyboard seems to be working okay, but still, no response from the right-side of the touchscreen. Really, the right two inches of the touchscreen do not seem to be responsive to the touch. When I have a black screen, I see repeated halo's in several spots (as though a ghost is touching the screen repeatedly). I still cannot get the on/off side bar to launch from swiping from the right side. I've powered on and off about 5 times and no luck!

Any suggestions? I'm totally bummed as I've loved this machine for the past 6 weeks and it has worked flawlessly.

Thanks!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    30 times
    You should run the screen calibration utility. If that doesn't work, you might consider rolling back to a restore point. If you don't have any of those, a system refresh or restore.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2260 times
    Do you have a screen protector fitted? Sometimes they have been known to cause that sort of issue. Other than that, if the screen calibration doesn't work, DrFunk, then it may be that you will need to return your device to Asus under warranty?

On another subject, please only post one copy of a post - you have posted two, which breaches forum rules & the second copy has been deleted accordingly. Thanks for understanding

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. (Didn't know which forum to use). I refreshed to factory settings and the ghosting seems gone, but the swipe from left or right does nothing. No charms. No nothing. Any setting or other fix to this? Otherwise it's going back to BestBuy. Spoiled by apple products and never had any problems before. Bummer!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2260 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFunk View Post
    Thanks. (Didn't know which forum to use). I refreshed to factory settings and the ghosting seems gone, but the swipe from left or right does nothing. No charms. No nothing. Any setting or other fix to this? Otherwise it's going back to BestBuy. Spoiled by apple products and never had any problems before. Bummer!
    Not a problem - It's what we mods do...

It does sound as if a return/replacement might be the wisest course of action for you. I read a post from a very knowledgable member of our "Rescue Squad" who commented that the Asus T100 is a very good piece of kit for the price but that the price point & sealed construction format does mean that sometimes build quality in individual examples can suffer. If you got a replacement, then there is a very good chance that you would have a better experience.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFunk View Post
    Having same issue swipe from sides shows nothing also when I scroll from side to side on start menu it zooms, did you ever get this sorted out? did you have to get a replacement.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Were you guys have figured this one already? I have somewhat a similar situation right here and the whole screen doesn't respond. I already tried to restore it but no luck. Some says it's a hardware problem since I can use the home button and the keyboard. Just the touch screen doesn't work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I had similar problems on and off intermittently for several months with my T100. A temporary fix I found works is going into the Device Manager from the control panel and restarting the "HID-Compliant Touch Screen" Driver. After that you may need to restart certain programs such as Chrome in order to get full functionality back but most touch screen activity returns when you do this. It does seem this fix is negated when you restart your machine and have to repeat it after every restart.

Ads