Thread: [HELP] asus transformer book t100 internet problems

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

[HELP] asus transformer book t100 internet problems

I just got this tablet for Christmas and for the past 2 days it will not connect to the internet and every time i hit trouble shoot problems it says ''The Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless SDIO adapter adapter (Does say it twice) is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems and all other devices in my house get internet and I am not a computer wiz so I have no idea hat to do

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hit this problem too about 1 day after purchasing - it worked fine for the first 24 hours.

My wifi adaptor started reporting "broadcom 802.11abgn cannot start code 10".

Seems to have been solved by unistalling the "Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter" device in Device Manager (and removing the drivers), and reinstalling. Just updating the drivers didn't seem to help.

After that I used the Asus Live Update facility to update the Bios on the machine to version 220 too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having this problem too. If I uninstall the driver, how do I install it again?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Download the drivers from ASUS website first if you still have connnection, otherwise you will need to transfer the drivers over from another computer via usb stick.
    Then you can uninstall and reinstall the drivers. There should be a setup file that you can run, though it just runs a few batch commands and not an actual installer.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Are you trying to connect to a Cisco router that's secured using WPA2-PSK? I'm able to connect to WEP networks and tether to my phone using WPA2-PSK, but it's a fairly well documented issue with Cisco, WPA2, and Win8 devices. If that's the case, Cisco has issued firmware for their routers to fix this, may be a route for you to pursue if it applies.

I'm running into this issue on my work network, but I unfortunately don't have the ability to update the routers. I've heard that installing Win7 drivers also solves the issue, but I haven't found any versions that are compatible with my T100.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    after uninstalling wifi adapter from device manager you should be able to select action > scan for hardware changes and have it reinstall without having to redownload drivers from website.
    rscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajew View Post
    Are you trying to connect to a Cisco router that's secured using WPA2-PSK? I'm able to connect to WEP networks and tether to my phone using WPA2-PSK, but it's a fairly well documented issue with Cisco, WPA2, and Win8 devices. If that's the case, Cisco has issued firmware for their routers to fix this, may be a route for you to pursue if it applies.

I'm running into this issue on my work network, but I unfortunately don't have the ability to update the routers. I've heard that installing Win7 drivers also solves the issue, but I haven't found any versions that are compatible with my T100.
    I have been having similar problems. Tried changing the Asus WiFi drivers and that only worked temporarily. Just did an update of the Cisco Linksys firmware and so far that seems to have worked. When I first tried to do an automatic update of the firmware, it said my firmware was up-to-date. I downloaded the obviously newer firmware and did a manual update. So far I seem to be able to connect whereas before I had problems.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Go under the WiFi adapter properties, driver and select update driver. Then go with manually select the driver from a list. Use the bottom option, Microsoft signed driver. It is .168 and should be stable. Be latest .187 is not stable for me. Also make sure you do not have windows update set to auto install, otherwise the new one will install again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    Go under the WiFi adapter properties, driver and select update driver. Then go with manually select the driver from a list. Use the bottom option, Microsoft signed driver. It is .168 and should be stable. Be latest .187 is not stable for me. Also make sure you do not have windows update set to auto install, otherwise the new one will install again.
    How do I find the .168 driver to install?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Exactly how I said to in my post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links