Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [ SOLVED] new Asus t100 touch screen not working.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times

[ SOLVED] new Asus t100 touch screen not working.

Hello,

I just purchased this tablet from office depot today. I took it home, charged it for the required 8 hours, turned it on, and everything works except for the touch screen. Somehow I had a feeling this thing was too good to be true. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    998 times
    Welcome to the Forum.

I would exchange it rather than have a possible issue down the road.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    I think I may do that tomorrow, but I doubt they have any left as this was the only location in my area that had only 2 in stock. Best buy, micro center, and tiger direct were all sold out. Would be nice if it worked out of the box. Last product I purchased from Asus was the transformer prime and it had horrible WiFi. My 2013 nexus 7 has touch screen issues... Ugh Asus. I love them but damn.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Hello, I just wanted to give an update on what has happened.

I returned my unit to Office Depot with for a full refund with no problems. I then ordered another one from Amazon with the OSAI slim cover and it arrived with no issues out of the box.
    The first thing i did was disable auto installation of windows update, then downloaded and flashed the latest bios. After the bios was updated i let windows update do it's thing. I did not download or update any drivers from ASUS's website. This unit works like a charm, especially with the OSAI case. works just like the ipad case. Wifi connected easily to my home U-Verse connection, and hasn't dropped since. I can close the cover and open it back up and the tablet wakes up instantly. The battery drain is phenomenal as well. my first initial use was very heavy with downloading programs, installing steam and torchlight, as well as running 3dmark and browsing the web and youtube for about 7 hours with some breaks in between. battery was at 65% when i closed the flip cover for the night. i opened it back up the next morning and battery was at 62%.

Widi also works amazingly well. Windows 8 instantly saw my LG 55LM6700 and connected without problems. i was sitting about 10 feet away from my TV with some lag, a couple of milliseconds from my guess. Still good IMO for something so cheap. torchlight II was still relatively playable using WiDi, definitely more playable without. As i toyed with it some more this morning i managed to get the battery down to 35% before i left to get some lunch. Came back in about and hour and the battery was up to 72%. not bad.

All in All very happy with this product. I had the old transformer prime before and even back then as i used it all i ever thought was that i wished it ran windows.
    Last edited by kedesh; 01-10-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    Swipe and rscheller like this.

rscheller
    Can you provide a link to the OASI cover? I'm interested in this style cover for my T100.

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Here you go. Maybe I just read the words on the case wrong. But its an awesome case.

Amazon.com : IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for ASUS T100 10.1-inch Edition Tablet with Stand Function : Computers & Accessories

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    5 times
    Funny, really looks like "OSAI" when you turn it upside down. And that even sounds better than "IVSO".

Is it difficult to get the tablet in and out? What about that "IVSO" label on the lid? Looks like it's metal. I'd be worried about it scratching the screen.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. The metal "IVSO" label seems to attach to a magnet which is located in the bezel, right?
    Last edited by illstyle; 01-12-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah it just kinda snaps in place, wasn't hard at all. The metal peace never touches the screen and is magnetized. Wakes up and sleeps the device. Great product.
    TrikerCaz likes this.

rscheller
    Thanks for the ISVO (OASI) case link. I'd been zeroing in on that same one for several weeks now. Ordered it yesterday... should be delivered Wednesday.
    I'm really trying to wean myself off the laptop keyboard docked configuration and this case should really help with that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Glad I read this thread - the info about the case answers my query in another thread about whether or not the metal bit on the case would scratch the screen. I will now go ahead and order the case after deliberating for a few weeks - result! I have also learnt what widi is, though I don't suppose my oldish LG has it.

Thanks very much!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads