Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times

T100 System Interrupts

Hello guys,
    Recently I have bought T100 500gb edition. Unfortunatelly i have some problem with it... After some using of t100 I noticed weird process which eats around 20% of CPU ! Its working almost all the time and I don't know how to solve this. I read something about this process and in most cases its about drivers issues. I even reinstalled system to W8.1 Pro and installed everything manually (I mean drivers) and updated bios.
    The process is called "System Interrupts" first process on the screenshot attached below (in Polish "Przerwania Systemowe")
    Please help me somehow cause its driving me crazy...
    process.jpg

Thanks in advance, Regards.
    Last edited by Adish; 12-13-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    13 times
    Can you click "show pocesses from all users"? That might prove more helpful.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    It is called "System interrupts" in English.

Shouldn't take that much resources of course. Something strange is going on.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey thank's for answering. Yea i just found translation for this process. Indeed it's really weird and annoying. I even disabled Windows Defender but it didn't help.
    Btw. Its for all users.
    Last edited by Swipe; 12-14-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: forum language guidelines

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    I got it and
    I solved it:
    enable 4 default processes in start-up which I had already disabled before
    .hkcmd module
    .igfxtray module
    .intel dptf lpm service helper
    .persistence module
    ----
    good luck

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank's for answering,
    Hmm the thing is i have enabled these process on startup... I wonder if it's connected somehow with Windows updates or Bluetooth switched off. Have to do some tests.
    Last edited by Adish; 12-14-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    After that time I wrote last post in this thread so 12-14 the system interrupts happend maybe three times. It's not connected with Bluetooth or WLAN also I think updates are okay. Today it happend after 16hrs. Still I don't know whats causing this... Almost out of ideas. So just bumping thread if You guys maybe know ?

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    System Interrupt loads can be anything running on the system... On many Windows 7 systems for example such issues could be caused by driver issues with the sound drivers that could only be fixed by disabling all sound effects until better drivers could be acquired... basically, something isn't working as it should if it's taking up a lot of resources...

Anyway, on those other processes...

Quote Originally Posted by ndbpro View Post
    .hkcmd module
    "hkcmd.exe" is Intel's "extreme" grahics hot key interceptor. If you never use the Intel hotkeys, you can go to Control Panel > Intel Extreme Graphics > Hot Keys and turn them off.

.igfxtray module
    Also an Intel graphics process that implements the system tray icon associated with the drivers. You can use this icon to change various graphics chip settings, such as display resolution or color depth, and configure your graphics controller as well. It is possible to perform the same functions via the Control Panel, so keeping this icon active is purely optional.

.intel dptf lpm service helper
    This is an executable for the Intel DPTF LPM Service Helper - Low Power Mode service routine used for Intel-driven devices, mostly for CPUs. "Low Power Mode (LPM) can provide an operation point at lower power than TDP-down. By combining several active power limiting techniques, the processor can consume less power while running at equivalent low frequencies"...

.persistence module
    This can refer to different things, depending on the software and hardware options installed on your system. The different persistence modules are unrelated to each other and may coexist independently on your computer, making it important to determine any file’s origin and threat level before you attempt to access or delete it.

"A Persistence Module is meant to automate the generation of software components that interface with persistent storage by the means of an Object Oriented API.

The goal of this module is to increase the productivity of the software developers by avoiding the tedious task of implementing classes of objects from a software project model that map the objects data in persistent storage. "
    eliz likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    I actually know these things and I have enabled these processes. They are not the case here. I don't think that Im the only one person with this problem, maybe people didn't notice this or don't use taskmgr, since T100 is T100 with fixed hardware (32gb with 500gb no logo windows edition) Another thing to mention is after I reinstalled to windows 8.1 pro, it's not so often.
    Regards.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Adish View Post
    I actually know these things and I have enabled these processes. They are not the case here. I don't think that Im the only one person with this problem, maybe people didn't notice this or don't use taskmgr, since T100 is T100 with fixed hardware (32gb with 500gb no logo windows edition) Another thing to mention is after I reinstalled to windows 8.1 pro, it's not so often.
    Regards.
    So there are 2 variables over most user situations:

1) You are running a model with the 500GB storage installed -not common to most folks or mass available.
    2) The unit is running Windows 8.1 PRO, which in and of itself can introduce issues uncommon to most users with WIN8.1 found in the mainstream 64GB or 32GB versions.

Still...your findings will be interesting to those with your same model/features.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links