Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Same here I installed all the last asus drivers, and everything works like a charm, battery now lasts even more.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all,

New to the forum and looking for some advice if possible.

I desperately need more starage space than the 32g I have, and even with an additional 64g SD card I'm still running out of space. For this reason I'm hoping to change the existing eMMC drive with a 250g SSD drive as in the following link ( Asus T100 Install SSD, Replace HDD - Omglaptop.com )

I will however need to resinstall windows onto the new drive and this is where I need some advice. I've seen some tutorials about installing a fresh retail copy of windows 8.1 using a generic key, then removing the key and entering the correct key from the bios (installation - Clean install Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 from OEM key - Super User ) but I'm not sure if this will work after reading some of the comments in this thread?

I've also seen people on here using the following ISO Win81AIO-20in1-x86-en-US-Nov2013.iso but I'm concerned about using ISO's from pirate sites.

My other question would be how to boot from USB and will 'Secureboot' cause me any issues?

Any help, suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    You can't. Read what eMMC is, its soldered on flash storage on the main board of the tablet, it isn't something removable and there is no mSATA or other type connector within the tablet itself. You are stuck with what you have.

You CAN go with the WIM install method of windows on your tablet if you need to free up a few more GBs of storage. reinstall using WIM method... anyone tried?
    Last edited by azazel1024; 12-30-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimo View Post
    1. new BIOS update before re-install and test
    2. Backed up license infomation
    3. UEFI USB boot with Win 8.1 core x32 - didnt even ask for key, must be embedded in BIOS
    4. Deleted wasted space recovery partition (during OS install)
    5. Run windows updates
    6. Downloaded remaining drivers software from asus
    7. Run asus live update to download: 'overall system improvement' update - think thats what it was called.
    8. Activated and downloaded M Office with the product key card
    9. Done Image backup of the whole hdd

Once i had an issue where i installed Windows and went to windows updates, left it for 30 mins to install, came back and it was just black screen, couldnt do anything, so forced to boot into USB and re-installed again; think it might of went into hibernation and messed up all updates - it was quicker to re-install again

So far running great!
    can you explain how to make uefi bootable usb stick?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    You can't. Read what eMMC is, its soldered on flash storage on the main board of the tablet, it isn't something removable and there is no mSATA or other type connector within the tablet itself. You are stuck with what you have.

You CAN go with the WIM install method of windows on your tablet if you need to free up a few more GBs of storage. reinstall using WIM method... anyone tried?

Hi thanks for the reply, I didn't realise that. I watched the video posted here: Asus T100 Install SSD, Replace HDD - Omglaptop.com and the process seemed quite simple. I was more concerned about reinstalling Windows afterwards.

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodguru View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply, I didn't realise that. I watched the video posted here: Asus T100 Install SSD, Replace HDD - Omglaptop.com and the process seemed quite simple. I was more concerned about reinstalling Windows afterwards.

Thanks.
    That page is instructing on how to replace the "spinning platter" 500GB HDD in the keydock with a "solid state" SSD drive. FYI, the Windows OS is never installed on the keydock drive but on the 32/64GB of eMMC hardwired tablet storage. That is deliberate... because if the OS was on the keydock drive and you disconnected the tablet from the keydock, nothing would work.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah right, maybe the WIM install method is the better way to go then.

Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there everyone,
    I have some kind of a problem with my Asus T100. In the last few months I've had a copy of Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview installed on my T100 and - here comes the worst part - every time the preview upgraded to a more stable release, after installation, I would delete every previous OS installations, including the Windows 8.1 one that came with it (using the windows disk cleanup utility). I would like to go back to win8.1 now, but I don't know my original product key. I used Magical Jelly Bean on Win10 but I suppose the key displayed is for the Insider Preview and not for Windows 8.1. Is there any way I can recover it?

I have another Win8.1 genuine key, but I use it on my main pc and can't install it on the t100... any ideas? thanks

EDIT: I never deleted the 7gb partition on the disk... can i use that to roll back to Win8.1?
    Last edited by J0nDaFr3aK; 08-22-2015 at 02:30 AM. Reason: More info

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by J0nDaFr3aK View Post
    Hi there everyone,
    I have some kind of a problem with my Asus T100. In the last few months I've had a copy of Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview installed on my T100 and - here comes the worst part - every time the preview upgraded to a more stable release, after installation, I would delete every previous OS installations, including the Windows 8.1 one that came with it (using the windows disk cleanup utility). I would like to go back to win8.1 now, but I don't know my original product key. I used Magical Jelly Bean on Win10 but I suppose the key displayed is for the Insider Preview and not for Windows 8.1. Is there any way I can recover it?

I have another Win8.1 genuine key, but I use it on my main pc and can't install it on the t100... any ideas? thanks

EDIT: I never deleted the 7gb partition on the disk... can i use that to roll back to Win8.1?
    I tried that, if you are running Windows 10, have to download and install Windows 8.1 before using the 7gb recovery partition to reset to original condition, otherwise it will reinstall Windows 10 even if you choose to remove everything in C drive.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb Change boot order issues resolved!

I wasn't able to change my bios boot order settings either but was able to get passed this and install a clean iso of 8.1 by attaching an external usb dvd drive with the dvd in and shutting off the unit (totally). Then press and hold down the power button and the volume down button together until the boot order screen appears. Hope this helps Cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links