Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Problems with sleep mode - discussions here please

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I no longer have any issues with it staying in sleep mode and the changes I made that seem to have made this possible are:

Broadcom 802.11 abng advanced setting:
    Bluetooth Collaboration = Enable
    Wake on pattern match = Disabled
    Wake on RSN Rekey = Disabled

Your mileage may vary and it's not perfect, it takes longer for the WiFi to re-establish connection after coming out of sleep but I will trade that for drained battery any day. I have been using these setting for about 4 days now and monitoring the System event longs and I no linger get wake ups after closing the lid. Plugging and unplugging power will wake it up briefly but it goes right back to deep sleep just fine.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andyroddy View Post
    I don't think anyone is pointing the finger squarely at Asus here, but the fact of the matter is that, AFAIK, Microsoft has not even acknowledged this issue, so I doubt it's going to be fixed in the next week or even the next month (i.e., in the return window). Until then, I would stay away from this and other Win 8.1 tablets that suffer from this issue.
    Actually...Microsoft is not only aware of the issue...they are aware its a problem on more than 10 devices at this time.

Just as a point of reference..the exact same thing occurred with several versions of Android tablets.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    8 times
    Do you have a link?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Funnel View Post
    Do you have a link?
    I found it by Googling WIN8 sleep issue and other searches...came up with lots of posts on other sites reporting the same issue - and all pointing to WIN8 as the source. I also found 2 other WIN8 user sites that discussed it...didn't keep those links handy.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    This article has some interesting ideas on this topic:

[WINDOWS 7,8][SLEEP/WAKE/BATTERY DRAIN - Microsoft Community

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Killobite View Post
    I no longer have any issues with it staying in sleep mode and the changes I made that seem to have made this possible are:

Broadcom 802.11 abng advanced setting:
    Bluetooth Collaboration = Enable
    Wake on pattern match = Disabled
    Wake on RSN Rekey = Disabled

Your mileage may vary and it's not perfect, it takes longer for the WiFi to re-establish connection after coming out of sleep but I will trade that for drained battery any day. I have been using these setting for about 4 days now and monitoring the System event longs and I no linger get wake ups after closing the lid. Plugging and unplugging power will wake it up briefly but it goes right back to deep sleep just fine.
    I've tried these settings and my wireless isn't disabling during sleep. Does it take a while for the network adapter to disable? I haven't allowed it to sleep more than 10 minutes since I changed these settings as I've been using it a lot this evening. I took it to work this morning with a full charge and came home with 40% after very little use. And it was warm with the backlight on. Ive tried the keyboard disable settings but they don't work for me. I'm just trying everything to help me get more sleep time out of my t100. I don't want to shutdown all the time. I don't mind shutting down overnight, but I don't want to have to shutdown at work or anytime during the day.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    This should help enlighten folks (as I've been saying...this is a Microsoft Windows 8.1 issue, not a T100 issue...):

Microsoft pulls latest Surface Pro 2 update following user complaints | The Verge

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    This should help enlighten folks (as I've been saying...this is a Microsoft Windows 8.1 issue, not a T100 issue...):

Microsoft pulls latest Surface Pro 2 update following user complaints | The Verge

You are talking about a different issue then most of us in this thread are talking about. I clicked on that link and did some searching on google and found a lot of people complaining about high battery drain while Windows 8.1 is sleeping. This is not the issue that most of us are having. The issue most of us are having is that the screen is turning on and remaining on when the lid of the device is closed which is causing the excessive battery drain. My device does not have any battery drain problems if it is not connected to the keyboard when sleeping. This is a Asus T100 issue and not the Windows 8.1 issue you keep referring to.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by triadcool View Post
    You are talking about a different issue then most of us in this thread are talking about.
    It may be the same issue. Windows 8.1 have a problem with not going to sleep mode because certain devices prevents it (like audio, bluetooth, wifi, etc.) So maybe your issue with screen remaining on is just another symptom of the same issue everyone have with Windows 8.1? Maybe keyboard dock is another device that prevents sleep mode and thats why screen stays on?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by triadcool View Post
    You are talking about a different issue then most of us in this thread are talking about. I clicked on that link and did some searching on google and found a lot of people complaining about high battery drain while Windows 8.1 is sleeping. This is not the issue that most of us are having. The issue most of us are having is that the screen is turning on and remaining on when the lid of the device is closed which is causing the excessive battery drain. My device does not have any battery drain problems if it is not connected to the keyboard when sleeping. This is a Asus T100 issue and not the Windows 8.1 issue you keep referring to.
    It is the same issue.

Battery control and how drain performs when in hibernation or standby mode.

And it's a Windows 8.1 issue.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links