Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Updated, now freezes on boot up. What do I do?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Updated, now freezes on boot up. What do I do?

I have a T100TA-C1-GR 64GB.

After updating, Windows no longer starts. It will either freeze at the ASUS bootup screen or go into the blue diagnose menu options. I have tried, Resetting, Full Reset, and starting in the some of the various safe modes under advanced options,. such as without driver signatures, etc.

Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Another thing it likes to do sometimes is just spin forever at the loading screen. I've left it overnight, and woken up to it still the same.
    Last edited by barbsueroberts; 11-14-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    a1trainer likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by barbsueroberts View Post

After updating, Windows no longer starts. It will either freeze at the ASUS bootup screen or go into the blue diagnose menu options. I have tried, Resetting, Full Reset, and starting in the some of the various safe modes under advanced options,. such as without driver signatures, etc.

EDIT: Another thing it likes to do sometimes is just spin forever at the loading screen. I've left it overnight, and woken up to it still the same.
    Same thing is happening to me. I was using it this morning and it froze. Got an error message, then it started updating and froze during the update. I turned it off and rebooted and it gets stuck at the loading screen. The tablet is basically in a coma.
    Last edited by niran94; 11-16-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    a1trainer likes this.

rxp
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by niran94 View Post
    Same thing is happening to me. I was using it this morning and it froze. Got an error message, then it started updating and froze during the update. I turned it off and rebooted and it gets stuck at the loading screen. The tablet is basically in a coma.
    Exact same thing happened to be on 4 occasions, after a factory reset/recovery to stock it worked fine. Then it proceeded to update and freeze.

In its frozen state I downloaded the latest firmware off the asus website, put it on a fat32 USB drive and went to the BIOS to flash. Now it boots fine and back to working.

So I suggest you try the same

Edit: Back to not booting. Sometimes it boots and I get a wercheck.exe error, once it went through without a profile but mostly just blank screen until you keep power cycling. Back to factory reset.

Going to give it one more go with the updated firmware to install updates, if it fails again I'm returning it.
    Last edited by rxp; 11-17-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp View Post
    Exact same thing happened to be on 4 occasions, after a factory reset/recovery to stock it worked fine. Then it proceeded to update and freeze.

In its frozen state I downloaded the latest firmware off the asus website, put it on a fat32 USB drive and went to the BIOS to flash. Now it boots fine and back to working.

So I suggest you try the same

Edit: Back to not booting. Sometimes it boots and I get a wercheck.exe error, once it went through without a profile but mostly just blank screen until you keep power cycling. Back to factory reset.

Going to give it one more go with the updated firmware to install updates, if it fails again I'm returning it.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I've already packaged the device to ship it back. I just have to wait for return labels. Way too many things could go wrong with this tablet. It was already giving problems even before it went dead.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by niran94 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but I've already packaged the device to ship it back. I just have to wait for return labels. Way too many things could go wrong with this tablet. It was already giving problems even before it went dead.
    I pre-ordered and received this device from NewEgg last month and had the same experience. When NewEgg received the RMA, they said it worked fine and charged me a restocking fee. I bought another one from Walmart ($20 cheaper) and it works fine. None of the problems experienced with the earlier one have occurred with this one.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by artp209 View Post
    I pre-ordered and received this device from NewEgg last month and had the same experience. When NewEgg received the RMA, they said it worked fine and charged me a restocking fee. I bought another one from Walmart ($20 cheaper) and it works fine. None of the problems experienced with the earlier one have occurred with this one.
    Are you serious? You should have called your debit card company to get your money back, even if it's a small fee.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    7 times
    Sometimes you just have to take your lumps and move on.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

return is the omlt answer right now

Quote Originally Posted by barbsueroberts View Post

I had the same problem. Mine get stuck at Asus logo page. When I manage to get to recover page, I attempt to reset it but still no luck. I called tech support and the say its corrupt os. It is cover under warranty and I can send it to Asus to fix it but since I just got it from amazon, I processed an exchange.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    I had the same issue with getting stuck at the ASUS boot screen after installing initial windows updates. I ended up powering it off, then booted back up into "ASUS Repair Mode' by holding power + volume up for about 5 seconds. It ran a diagnostic and then prompted me to restart. Ever since then, everything seems to be functioning properly with the exception of the ASUS Live Update app not working, and the Bing News & Weather apps crashing. Hope this helps.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    The sad part of what I'm reading here is that I suspect in some cases it may not be the fault of the T100, but of Windows updates being a mess. I've read about other devices (even more expensive computers etc.) getting messed up after Windows updates.

I hope my brand new T100 will be good and not give me too many problems. I really hate doing returns. Fingers crossed that mine is a good unit and updates go OK.
    [Asus T100 64GB]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links