Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: T100 widi/miracast support & troubleshooting MEGA thread...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    4 times
    Told already in the other threat i use a p2tv 3000 also.
    It works perfect.
    Catching a fullHD TV stream over 5GHZ WIFI from my Dreambox.Then stream forward to a 24 " fullHD Monitor as second Screen,while browsing the web on tablet Screen.
    CPU useage about 50%,Memory ca. 75% all smooth and stable.

This is impossible with iPad and Airplay....

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph1968 View Post
    Told already in the other threat i use a p2tv 3000 also.
    It works perfect.
    Catching a fullHD TV stream over 5GHZ WIFI from my Dreambox.Then stream forward to a 24 " fullHD Monitor as second Screen,while browsing the web on tablet Screen.
    CPU useage about 50%,Memory ca. 75% all smooth and stable.

This is impossible with iPad and Airplay....
    So it requires a 5Ghz router, or is it more akin to WiFi direct?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    I have used the T100 microHDMI port with a microHDMI to HDMI cable plugged into my TV to display my T100 screen and stream video to my TV and it works quite well but my T100 has to sit near the TV... it's a 3ft cable... so wireless would be a much better solution.

Has anyone with the T100 tried wifi casting the T100 screen image (i.e. Netflix, Hulu, etc) to an HDTV using some form of "wifi ready TV" or any of the dozens of dongle devices that plug into an HDMI input on the TV that supports Miracast or DLNA, or, etc. If you have something that works, please share your experience and hardware used.
    For Netflix and Hulu + a Chromcast will work with win 8 . I use one with Android and you don't need a dual band router . I Got one on sale for 30 bucks at Amazon .

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    4 times
    @Banise

If you want to Stream fullHD Tv over WIFI to your T100 you need 5Ghz.
    The direct WIFI is used from T100 to the P2Tv.

Maybe i should explain a little better....

Getting HDTV from Cable into my Dreambox in the living room. Than stream a program to my T100 over 5Ghz Wifi using xbmc.
    Setup a extended desktop on the T100 by Widi in my bedroom to watch tv on monitor and browsing the web on tabletscreen.
    Everything without anoing cables.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Threads merged.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    16 times
    have the Actiontec Screenbeam receiver and i cannot connect with my T100...have updated the firmware on the device, tried 3 different HDMI Cables and 2 different HDTV's.
    the device is recognized & listed, yet every-time i try to connect i get the try again message..i cannot get to the PIN screen...tried running the WiDi tool from Intel and it stops... saying my driver is not recognized.

i even updated my Bios to 223...still no joy....it's prob something simple i'm missing here, maybe someone can straighten me out; any help is much appreciated.

Miracast works just fine on this device with Android, i can connect with my MeMO Pad HD7.

Edit: problem solved after reset of system (T100).
    Last edited by sando7; 12-23-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    Asus T100 64GB
    Asus MeMO Pad HD7
    Asus Nexus 7 fhd
    Acer A210
    HP-TP 32GB

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    @Banise

If you want to Stream fullHD Tv over WIFI to your T100 you need 5Ghz.
    The direct WIFI is used from T100 to the P2Tv.

Maybe i should explain a little better....

Getting HDTV from Cable into my Dreambox in the living room. Than stream a program to my T100 over 5Ghz Wifi using xbmc.
    Setup a extended desktop on the T100 by Widi in my bedroom to watch tv on monitor and browsing the web on table'ts screen.
    Everything without anoing cables.
    This reaffirms the fact that many HDTV service providers offer a mobile device app that supports streaming, and don't necessarily support 3rd party streaming units nor 3rd party apps. In addition, even those that support streaming to mobile devices don't necessarily do so on all mobile platforms.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes i can confirm ....

Intel WiDi is intigated in Win8.1 no special Drivers needed.
    Also Miracast is supported on Intel BayTrail Processors.

For me it works best with a Netgear PTV3000.

Connection out of the Box within 2 min. no Problems, seamlesly no lag at all with latest Netgear Driver.
    You can stream Hd Video in FullHD and 5.1 Sound and even play games at the same time....
    Thanks for the information.. I was looking at all the specs for the T100 and the specs for the
    ptv3000 on amazon. it was so unclear if they were compatible. The T100 spec list online has no mention of WiDi and neither did the PTV3000. I had assumed both products were capable of it, I held off for a few days on ordering...

once I found this tread, I hit the purchase button the PTV3000 (this was a few days ago). I hope it gets here before Christmas... I totally forgot to use my prime shipping.

rscheller
    I can confirm the T100 and the PTV3000 do work. It's nice to have my T100 screen display wireless to my HDTV. Opens up all levels of possibilities.
    For example yesterday, my wife and I were researching online for an SUV. She could see everything I was seeing on my T100 in my lap. A few days ago, we watched an episode of Person of Interest from CBS.com
    Just scratching the surface of this very cool stuff.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banise View Post
    So it requires a 5Ghz router, or is it more akin to WiFi direct?
    Miracast is based on WIDI (WiFi Direct) technology, exact setup varies on application, company, etc. (especially, because devices started to come out before the standard was finalized and the number of officially certified devices is still very limited) but generally the way it works is the connection is setup over 2.4GHz and then the actual stream is sent over 5GHz... this minimizes interference as the 2.4GHz range is heavily used by most wireless technology, and gives the bandwidth necessary to send a good quality HD stream... albeit you can't stream too far if setup is through walls and not line of site with 5GHz.

But, most mobile devices still lack dual band with 5GHz support and the alternative applications for streaming don't universally work on all devices and many give up on sending a stream without actually giving you a reason why... even if it says connected... Issues can range from the way the stream is encoded/decoded, system not providing enough performance, to outright incompatible setups...

Mind, certain platforms are more likely to impose things like DRM restrictions than others... also, the Miracast standard has "optional components" such as Wireless Multimedia Extensions (WMM). Unfortunately, the use of optional components in "standards" often causes issues if one vendor supports the optional components but another does not... In other words, support can and often is all over the place and not really reliable yet...

There's also a bit of system load to consider when streaming, so usually better to send to external display only and not mirror unless using a fairly high powered system... and you'd have to factor for a bit of delay going over wireless that could result in annoying lag when playing a game... So using the HDMI would still be better when gaming, but for media streaming the T100 should work fine in most cases.

You do tend to get what you pay for though, like other secure wireless connections the connection can be iffy for some devices. Similar to setting up Bluetooth pairing for example, it can be hit or miss with some devices. So it's usually less headache just getting the more expensive receiver but check reviews regardless...

Asus does have it's own Miracast receiver and it's usually recommended to use same brands for better chance of compatibility/reliability...
    rscheller likes this.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links