Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: T100 widi/miracast support & troubleshooting MEGA thread...

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2817 times
    Its all about what you want to use it for & how you want to use it.

With the Netgear you can mirror what is on your T100. With a Roku or a Chromecast, they access the internet themselves, so can be working without needing the T100 at all. They can be controlled from a smartphone, tablet etc.

Forget Amazon Prime directly on the Chromecast though - the only way to stream that to CC is by casting a tab from Chrome browser.

If you want UHD/4k, go for the Fire TV box - that gives you 4k streams of Amazon original series free. Others you'll need to pay for.

The Roku is more flexible if you want a NAS, Plex etc connection.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HJKeener View Post
    I am curious as to what devices people are using. I use a Netgear PTV3000 at work for ppt presentations and I am looking into buying something at home for watching Amazon Prime and Youtube. When I've taken the PTV 3000 home to trouble shoot it, it seems to work OK and seems to be a good option, especially if I can pick up one on the cheap via Warehouse Deals.
    However, everyone seems to be very high on Roku or Chromecast. What say you? Is this a matter of marketing over substance in terms of the dominance of those two devices? What are the pros and cons? The Chromecast is certainly cheaper and many reviewers seem to think it is much better and easier to use for media consumption purposes. Is there any way in which a direct WiDi connection is better than the Chromecast?
    The thing about Roku for me is the price tag. But it also seems like a pretty good and easy to use option. Thoughts?
    I have the PTV2000, the Chromecast, and a Roku stick. The PTV is strictly a mirroring device. So you would have to access the content (Netflix, YouTube) on the T100 and mirror it to the TV. It is a "dumb" technology. The Roku can mirror as well but also has Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime apps to run standalone. It will turn a "dumb" TV into a "smart" TV. The Chromecast is a little different again as you can cast Chrome browser tabs but also work on the device separately. So it is not really "mirroring" but multitasking. For my purposes, the Roku is my choice as it has an app for my cable TV service.
    rickscheller likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    I have the PTV2000, the Chromecast, and a Roku stick. The PTV is strictly a mirroring device. So you would have to access the content (Netflix, YouTube) on the T100 and mirror it to the TV. It is a "dumb" technology. The Roku can mirror as well but also has Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime apps to run standalone. It will turn a "dumb" TV into a "smart" TV. The Chromecast is a little different again as you can cast Chrome browser tabs but also work on the device separately. So it is not really "mirroring" but multitasking. For my purposes, the Roku is my choice as it has an app for my cable TV service.
    Nice clarification fiat_lux.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links