Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: T100 widi/miracast support & troubleshooting MEGA thread...

itm
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    I didn't realise that Wifi Direct and Widi are different standards. Genius choice of naming! I don't think the TV has specific support for Miracast.

I have already tried starting the procedure on the Samsung TV, but got the same result. No matter where I initiate the process, I always end up with a message popping up on the TV asking me to enter the PIN number displayed on the T100.

So if screen sharing isn't possible then what's the procedure for sending an image (and ideally a video) to the TV?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    You can use a cable "microHDMI" out from the T100 to "HDMI" in to the TV or as I already answered...

... you could get a WiDi (Miracast) receiver to plug into you TV. Read back through this thread for support and recommendations but I've had success with the Netgear PTV3000. The PTV3000 also works with Android 4.2+ devices.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

itm
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    You can use a cable "microHDMI" out from the T100 to "HDMI" in to the TV or as I already answered...
    Hmmm...an HDMI cable doesn't work so well when you're sitting 13 feet from the TV (and would be an accident waiting to happen when someone trips over the cable). I'd looked at the Netgear PTV300 but am not sure it's worth blowing 50 on a solution. Chromecast may be a more sensible alternative.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    I've been using this tech for close to 10 yrs trying to outsmart cable. Lol. I've got a lot of adapters . The Chromecast is a little different. It casts apps like netflix and chrome browser. I haven't tried the new one yet. My next toy. Everything I have seems to work with Windows and android across manufacturers. Apple is way off on their own.

I think if you get any functionality, see if you can see any T100 files on the tv. The T100 should show up as a network drive. From there, you should be able to access shared pictures and videos. That's how it works with my blueray player.
    Last edited by fiat_lux; 11-07-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Chromecast works well - as does DLNA, but Samsung & Intel do like their solutions...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

itm
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    I think if you get any functionality, see if you can see any T100 files on the tv. The T100 should show up as a network drive. From there, you should be able to access shared pictures and videos. That's how it works with my blueray player.

I can't get the TV to access the T100 at all, even though it shows on the list of devices when I enter the Wifi Direct menu item. Looks like the T100 doesn't play in the Samsung universe.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    Hmmm...an HDMI cable doesn't work so well when you're sitting 13 feet from the TV (and would be an accident waiting to happen when someone trips over the cable). I'd looked at the Netgear PTV300 but am not sure it's worth blowing 50 on a solution. Chromecast may be a more sensible alternative.
    Another thing I have done is hard cable a device and leave it close to the tv. Then use a Bluetooth keyboard/mousepad combo to control from across the room. HDMI cables are only a couple of bucks on Amazon. You can probably get everything done with a cheap BT mouse and the T 100 onscreen keyboard.
    Last edited by fiat_lux; 11-08-2015 at 09:18 AM.

itm
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    Another thing I have done is hard cable a device and leave it close to the tv. Then use a Bluetooth keyboard/mousepad combo to control from across the room. HDMI cables are only a couple of bucks on Amazon. You can probably get everything done with a cheap BT mouse and the T 100 onscreen keyboard.
    Yes I must admit I've considered that sort of solution myself. I just can't bring myself to do it. There's got to be a better way!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    itm, you've been given all the info available, it's up to you to decide "the better way" that'll work best for you.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    I am curious as to what devices people are using. I use a Netgear PTV3000 at work for ppt presentations and I am looking into buying something at home for watching Amazon Prime and Youtube. When I've taken the PTV 3000 home to trouble shoot it, it seems to work OK and seems to be a good option, especially if I can pick up one on the cheap via Warehouse Deals.
    However, everyone seems to be very high on Roku or Chromecast. What say you? Is this a matter of marketing over substance in terms of the dominance of those two devices? What are the pros and cons? The Chromecast is certainly cheaper and many reviewers seem to think it is much better and easier to use for media consumption purposes. Is there any way in which a direct WiDi connection is better than the Chromecast?
    The thing about Roku for me is the price tag. But it also seems like a pretty good and easy to use option. Thoughts?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links