Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: T100 widi/miracast support & troubleshooting MEGA thread...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplyrandom View Post
    Would I be correct in assuming you are also using the PTV3000 ?
    you would be indeed!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    i have a T100 since a week and iam trying to setup the WIDI Connection (for Screen mirroring) betwen my sony BRAVIA KDL46W905 and the T100.
    This Connection will not work.
    Smetimes it will connect but i get only a half immage that will freeze imediatly. the other times it will not connect.

Using the TV as Mediarenderer from the T100 works fine.

I have updated the Broadcom Wireless Driver to the latest available Version 5.99.93.187
    and the TV is also on the Latest Firmware.

Has somone an idea how to solve this isue.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, sorry to revive an old thread and this is kinda a dumb question:
    Can I use my wifi internet while using WiDi? 'Cause if WiDi is using my T100's wireless for streaming, can my T100 still connect to my wireless router?
    Thanks guys!

rscheller
    The short answer is absolutely yes.

I use it to widi to my PTV3000 plugged via HDMI to my big screen and duplicate my T100 display to watch TV network website shows. The T100 simultaneously keeps a wifi connection to the internet and a wifi connection to the PTV3000.
    Rednroll likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    If anyone has need to run widi/miracast from the T100 out to a vga device I can confirm that the Screenbeam Pro Education device works. I hooked it up to an old dlp projector last night via the included vga adapter. To run as a duplicate monitor the screen rez re-sized to 1024x768 to match the 4x3 of my projector. It worked without any fuss or bother and will do what I need it to quite nicely.

You may be able to use the standard Screenbeam Pro or P2TV with a generic hdmi to vga adapter but the price difference is about the same as buying the adapter seperate and I find that bundled adapters have a higher chance for compatability.
    Last edited by Hightde; 07-18-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightde View Post
    If anyone has need to run widi/miracast from the T100 out to a vga device I can confirm that the Screenbeam Pro Education device works. I hooked it up to an old dlp projector last night via the included vga adapter. To run as a duplicate monitor the screen rez re-sized to 1024x768 to match the 4x3 of my projector. It worked without any fuss or bother and will do what I need it to quite nicely.

You may be able to use the standard Screenbeam Pro or P2TV with a generic hdmi to vga adapter but the price difference is about the same as buying the adapter seperate and I find that bundled adapters have a higher chance for compatability.

Thanks for the tip. I've been struggling with getting a couple HDMI to VGA adapters to work with my T100. I don't know if it's my particular adapter, if I have a faulty one, or if it's a T100 problem. I recently purchase a PTV3000 and was considering trying to plug one of these adapters into the HDMI out of PTV3000 and see if that will get me the ability to send my screen to a VGA monitor. If that doesn't work, then I very well might look into purchasing the adapter you suggested.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pokkop View Post
    Hi, sorry to revive an old thread and this is kinda a dumb question:
    Can I use my wifi internet while using WiDi? 'Cause if WiDi is using my T100's wireless for streaming, can my T100 still connect to my wireless router?
    Thanks guys!
    As rscheller already mentioned, and I can confirm as well, the PTV3000 can do this.

However, I just purchased my PTV3000 and what I have noticed is that the WIDI and Wifi connections seem to share the same bandwidth.

So for example, I found I can stream video from my Wifi internet connection with the video shown on the T100 screen while observing no problems. However, I found if I then try to project that same video stream to the PTV3000 via WIDI at the same time, I start getting the occasional audio and video drop outs.

So while it is does work in being able to use internet Wifi and Widi at the same time, you can run into problems such as I observed. I would imagine the more data you are pulling over your Wifi connection, then the more of these types of problems you will observe when projecting via Widi at the same time.

In other words:
    Want to view a webpage, read email or view a photo from the internet and project via WIDI? Then probably you won't have a problem.

Want to stream HD music videos via the Vevo or Hot Music video hits app and want to project these videos via a WIDI connection like I tried to do? Or you want to stream a Netflix movie via Wifi and then project that movie to a wireless Widi projector/monitor? Then you may run into similar problems as I observed of the occasional, yet annoying drops in audio/video.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 07-19-2014 at 09:42 AM.

rscheller
    I believe the ability for the T100 to "split its bandwidth" is directly proportional to your router wifi capability as well as the load on the router from other wifi devices on your wireless network. I see occasionally if I'm widi casting a video from my T100 to my PTV3000 and my wife begins high bandwidth usage on her iPad or laptop.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    When I first started looking in to using a tablet to display to my projector I looked at a wired hook up first. hdmi to vga seems to have some hickups with power and aspect ratio. Some adapters require extra juice and not all hdmi/miro hdmi slots are powered. I have no idea bout the t100s. If the hdmi is /not/ powered you have to use some additional power, usually either a wall adapter or additional usb cable. I have also heard that some adapters have issues with dropping down to 4x3 aspect ratio and simply won't do it so you end up with a blank screen. There is a micro hdmi to vga adapter from Asus that has some pretty good all around reviews but some also mention a loss of picture quality, fuzziness. Before getting the screenbeam I actually put in a support question on their site about the Edu edition working with 4x3 and t100 before I pulled the trigger on the purchase. Good luck!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    You need to have Bay Trail processor and Intel graphics chip to do WiDi. Got a T100TA and it works perfectly with Netgear PTV2000 (WiDi only).

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links