Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: T100 widi/miracast support & troubleshooting MEGA thread...

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    I just wanted to let everyone know that the T100's WiDi feature works great with the Netgear NeoTV Max and NeoTV Pro streaming media players (they also sell a Google TV version).

Comparison of NeoTV models

Fry's Electronics sells them, and they have the NeoTV Pro on sale for $29.99 from time to time. I own and use these NeoTV devices (I bought them because they can stream from my Slingbox, which no other media player can do at this time, and they also turn my dumb TVs into smart TVs), and found out that the WiDi works great with the T100 (although it does not play well with my bluetooth mouse, as both the WiDi signal and mouse lag terribly when used together).

Also, the free iOS and Android apps for these devices make them so much easier to use, so download and install those if you buy one of these devices.
    Last edited by ilovetofu; 01-28-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetofu View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know that the T100's WiDi feature works great with the Netgear NeoTV Max and NeoTV Pro streaming media players (they also sell a Google TV version).

Fry's Electronics sells them, and they have the NeoTV Pro on sale for $29.99 from time to time. I own and use these NeoTV devices (I bought them because they can stream from my Slingbox, which no other media player can do at this time, and they also turn my dumb TVs into smart TVs), and found out that the WiDi works great with the T100 (although it does not play well with my bluetooth mouse, as both the WiDi signal and mouse lag terribly when used together).

Also, the free iOS and Android apps for these devices make them so much easier to use, so download and install those if you buy one of these devices.
    Interesting. I had asked about that back in post #47 because I saw them on sale at Fry's. But a lot of the comments I found on the web indicated it wouldn't work with Win 8.1. They must have come out with a firmware upgrade. For thirty bucks it might be worth a shot. I don't really have a need for widi/miracast other than to play around with it so can't justify spending more than that.

By the way Roku can stream from Slingbox now, as of a couple months ago.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    Interesting. I had asked about that back in post #47 because I saw them on sale at Fry's. But a lot of the comments I found on the web indicated it wouldn't work with Win 8.1. They must have come out with a firmware upgrade. For thirty bucks it might be worth a shot. I don't really have a need for widi/miracast other than to play around with it so can't justify spending more than that.
    Sorry, I didn't see that post, or I would have responded sooner. The WiDi feature works fine with Windows 8.1 on my T100 (except for the interference from my bluetooth mouse), so no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    By the way Roku can stream from Slingbox now, as of a couple months ago.
    Not exactly. Roku has a half-assed solution, in that you have to buy the $15 Slingplayer app for iOS and Android, and then you have to use your phone to "cast" your Slingbox to your Roku. This sucks, because it ties up your phone and drains its battery, whereas the NeoTV doesn't need your smartphone/tablet to stream from your Slingbox.

Slingbox Support - Frequently asked questions about SlingPlayer for Roku

SlingPlayer for Roku is a feature that teams up your Slingbox and SlingPlayer for iPhone or SlingPlayer for Android Phones with your Roku streaming player. With SlingPlayer on your iPhone or Android phone, you can stream your TV programs to the Roku player, and onto your TV.
    ^^^Super LAME.
    Last edited by ilovetofu; 01-29-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    Sorry, I didn't see that post, or I would have responded sooner. The WiDi feature works fine with Windows 8.1 on my T100 (except for the interference from my bluetooth mouse), so no worries.

Not exactly. Roku has a half-assed solution, in that you have to buy the $15 Slingplayer app for iOS and Android, and then you have to use your phone to "cast" your Slingbox to your Roku. This sucks, because it ties up your phone and drains its battery, whereas the NeoTV doesn't need your smartphone/tablet to stream from your Slingbox.

Slingbox Support - Frequently asked questions about SlingPlayer for Roku

^^^Super LAME.
    Cool, thanks. Glad to hear it works, maybe next time I'm over at Fry's I'll check it out.

That is pretty lame about the Roku. I thought when they came out with the slingbox channel, it picked up the stream directly from the slingbox. Also would be nice if Roku came out with widi/miracast support, they've been talking about it for over a year but no dice yet. Of course when they do it probably won't work with the older boxes.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

I just picked up a Netgear neoTV Max and can't seem to get my T100 working with Widi. When I try to pair the T100 with the neoTV, it times out at the part where you enter the code found on the screen. Works fine with netgear PTV3000. Quick search and it looks like windows 8.1 not supported on this device? The neoTV is up to date. Any tips?
    Last edited by m0o04; 01-31-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m0o04 View Post
    I just picked up a Netgear neoTV Max and can't seem to get my T100 working with Widi. When I try to pair the T100 with the neoTV, it times out at the part where you enter the code found on the screen. Works fine with netgear PTV3000. Quick search and it looks like windows 8.1 not supported on this device? The neoTV is up to date. Any tips?
    Is your software up to date on your T100? I didn't have this issue and I'm running on the current firmware for the NeoTV and Bios 220 on my T100. Pairing and extending my screen was easy as pie. It was so simple, much simpler than my Windows 7 Zenbook (which doesn't have WiDi support built in, so I have to use an Intel widget).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Is your software up to date on your T100? I didn't have this issue and I'm running on the current firmware for the NeoTV and Bios 220 on my T100. Pairing and extending my screen was easy as pie. It was so simple, much simpler than my Windows 7 Zenbook (which doesn't have WiDi support built in, so I have to use an Intel widget).
    After some more searching, it turns out many people with the same problem (other windows 8.1 devices) were able to fix it by disabling their OS firewalls. Instead of disabling the firewall, I allowed "Wireless Portable Devices" to communicate through the firewall. I was then able to do the pair so widi now works for me. This device can now replace my Netgear PTV3000. Being able to use Widi and slingplayer app on this thing is awesome.

NeoTV firmware up to date and I'm running Bios 223 on T100
    ilovetofu likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    26 times
    Widi and all share on my T100 is working perfectly with my Samsung TV's built in features. Screen mirroring has a bit of latency but all the video projection and apps work great.. high quality no jitters. Impressive.
    rscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Ive got a PTV3000 that I'm using with my T100 and Samsung plasma. I have always had an Asus laptop connected to the same TV via hdmi. Does anyone else find the colors with the ptv too saturated? I just can't seem to make it look quite right. Too dark overall and reds too vibrant, etc. Just curious about others experiences. I ended up still using my laptop to watch media.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evansamms View Post
    Ive got a PTV3000 that I'm using with my T100 and Samsung plasma. I have always had an Asus laptop connected to the same TV via hdmi. Does anyone else find the colors with the ptv too saturated? I just can't seem to make it look quite right. Too dark overall and reds too vibrant, etc. Just curious about others experiences. I ended up still using my laptop to watch media.
    Is your plasma a smart TV? Keep in mind plasma TV's are going to reproduce colors better than the T100. IPS has great viewing angles but is still based on LCD technology. Contrast, color depth and blacks will always appear more saturated and vibrant on plasma. One of the most criticized parts of the T100 is the display's brightness and resolution. Personally I think its just fine..

I am also using a Samsung plasma but without an external source box. Colors look great to me though. I'm not sure what graphical processing the PTV3000 does to the image as it reproduces.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links