Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [SOLVED] Auto Rotate not functioning?

  1. #1
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61534
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times

    [SOLVED] Auto Rotate not functioning?

    I just got my device yesterday and I remember that it would auto rotate from portrait to landscape when I first used the device. After several updates, I was messing with it last night and noticed that it doesn't auto rotate any longer. I looked for a lock setting that I remember seeing on the brightness slider, but it isn't there any longer. Anyone else have this problem or know what I need to do to fix this? I've searched, but none of the options it mentions can be found.
    Last edited by rickscheller; 10-25-2015 at 08:06 AM.

  2. #2
    Jazz
    Member #
    61612
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
    I just got my device yesterday and I remember that it would auto rotate from portrait to landscape when I first used the device. After several updates, I was messing with it last night and noticed that it doesn't auto rotate any longer. I looked for a lock setting that I remember seeing on the brightness slider, but it isn't there any longer. Anyone else have this problem or know what I need to do to fix this? I've searched, but none of the options it mentions can be found.
    swipe from the right tap settings then tap screen icon then at the top of that hit the unlock icon

  3. #3
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61534
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
    swipe from the right tap settings then tap screen icon then at the top of that hit the unlock icon
    That's the thing though, mine doesn't have the unlock icon on top of the brightness bar.

  4. #4
    Jazz
    Member #
    61612
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times
    i found this but its for the surface. try some of it maybe it can work?

    Microsoft Surface screen rotation help | Troubleshoot auto-rotation

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    61340
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times
    Is everything working ok under device manager, no missing drivers?
    Mine doesnt rotate, but I have an unknown device with vendor INVN and device id 6500.
    Thats the gyroscope device, but as yet cant find a download for the drivers

  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    61906
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    you can use FN + F9 to activate/deactivate the auto rotation

  7. #7
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61786
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    125
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by schemogroby View Post
    you can use FN + F9 to activate/deactivate the auto rotation
    That just toggles the trackpad on/off.

  8. #8
    Ratchet
    Member #
    61534
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times
    I'm not sure what happened, but about a week ago, auto rotate started working again. Not sure what I did to resolve the issue or what caused it in the first place. Weird...

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62609
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    The answer is: Fn + DEL. This problem drove me nuts for days. Finally I just decided to LOOK at the keyboard. Noticed that under del it says "scr lk". Realized that I must have inadvertently hit the combo to toggle it off. Interestingly, and not usefully, once you toggle it back on you will see the icon on top of the screen brightness slider! Hope this helps someone!

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    62680
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxy View Post
    The answer is: Fn + DEL. This problem drove me nuts for days. Finally I just decided to LOOK at the keyboard. Noticed that under del it says "scr lk". Realized that I must have inadvertently hit the combo to toggle it off. Interestingly, and not usefully, once you toggle it back on you will see the icon on top of the screen brightness slider! Hope this helps someone!
    My screen still won't rotate. The Fn + DEL combo didn't work. Is the screen supposed to only rotate with the keyboard is removed? Can't do the Fn +DEL without the keyboard.

    This is a stinky, persistent problem.

 

 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Auto rotate stopped working
    By ropecore in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 03:18 PM
  2. Auto rotate
    By Rockler in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 03:26 PM
  3. auto-rotate gone after root
    By aab7788 in forum Transformer Prime Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 10:36 PM
  4. Adjusting the auto-rotate
    By shounen in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 09:45 AM

Search tags for this page

asus q502l screen rotation issue
,

asus screen will not flip

,
asus t100 rotate
,
asus t100 screen rotation driver
,

asus transformer wont auto rotate

,
asus z300 not autorotating
,
asus zenfone auto rotate not working
,

auto rotate not working

,

news

,
screen rotation not working asus
,

surface book 2 sensor autodrehen nicht

,

wileyfox only showing full keyboard on landscape why

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 AM.