Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [SOLVED] Auto Rotate not functioning?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    Go into accessibility and ensure the rotate screen icon isn't locked

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    I had the same problem as well; my screen rotation icon would disappear from the charms bar almost randomly sometimes, and it would stop functioning. There was a thread somewhere for the Lenovo yogas, and they had the same problem. Nevertheless...

like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, I can confirm that the device manager -> sensors -> find the ! device -> right click -> properties -> drivers tab -> disable/enable

additionally, right click -> update software.
    apparently there was an update for it, I hope that it will resolve the problem, or at least make the bug less frequent.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you.

In my case when I opened the InvenSense Sensor Collection from the device manager the Device status said that Windows had disabled it due to error. I couldn't see where to re-enable the driver, so I went to the Driver tab clicked Update Driver and selected Search automatically for updated driver software, and it reinstalled the driver.

All was good after that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rickmill74 View Post
    Thank you.

In my case when I opened the InvenSense Sensor Collection from the device manager the Device status said that Windows had disabled it due to error. I couldn't see where to re-enable the driver, so I went to the Driver tab clicked Update Driver and selected Search automatically for updated driver software, and it reinstalled the driver.

All was good after that.
    This solution worked for me. Thank you, i was getting a little frustrated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Have been having this problem w/ screen randomly switching to portrait & then won't rotate back no matter what I try (keyboard toggle, system on/off). It will sometimes correct itself after charging overnight, but within minutes of use has switched back to portrait. My rotation lock toggle has never disappeared & autorotate is always on, toggling it on/off also has no effect. My frustration led me here, and I just tried the Invensense sensor collection tip, which had no effect.

Finally have found a work-around: Control Panel -> Display -> Change Display Settings -> Orientation.

When I found this, mine was set to Portrait. Switched back to Landscape when I changed the setting. . . and then put itself right back into Portrait when I started using the tablet. I also had to uncheck "allow screen to autorotate" to force it to stay in Landscape. Obviously there is still something buggy somewhere, but I can at least use the tablet.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by ckannarr View Post
    Have been having this problem w/ screen randomly switching to portrait & then won't rotate back no matter what I try (keyboard toggle, system on/off). It will sometimes correct itself after charging overnight, but within minutes of use has switched back to portrait. My rotation lock toggle has never disappeared & autorotate is always on, toggling it on/off also has no effect. My frustration led me here, and I just tried the Invensense sensor collection tip, which had no effect.

Finally have found a work-around: Control Panel -> Display -> Change Display Settings -> Orientation.

When I found this, mine was set to Portrait. Switched back to Landscape when I changed the setting. . . and then put itself right back into Portrait when I started using the tablet. I also had to uncheck "allow screen to autorotate" to force it to stay in Landscape. Obviously there is still something buggy somewhere, but I can at least use the tablet.
    Most folks here have resolved their improper orientation issues by doing what you said you've already done?
    FYI - I believe I read something in the most recent Tuesday 2/11/14 Win 8.1 update release that it had a patch that was intended to correct random, inconsistent and improper screen rotation.
    Sorry I can't be of more help but you've come to the right place. Maybe someone else has an idea to help.

Here's the link to the update and the very first one fixes an orientation issue.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2919394
    Last edited by rscheller; 02-13-2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: add more detail

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Same thing happened to me, screen rotate worked at first and then it broke. I only had "Brightness" in my settings, not "Screen".

I do not believe Fn + Del is "Screen lock", it should be "Scroll lock", you know that button that gets its own light on most keyboards that nobody even knows what it does?

I went to Device Manager (Win + X, M) and noticed that the InvenSense Sensor collection had a yellow triangle. Upon opening it, it said it had been "Stopped by Windows". I disabled and reenabled it, and another entry appeared, the Simple Device Orientation Sensor.

Not only does my screen rotate again (with the keyboard docked even), but Settings now has "Screen" and sure enough there is a small button for orientation locking there.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Fn+DEL??? The only keyboard I have is the one on my screen I don't have those keys on my screen!!! My screen is stuck on portrait view and will not go back to landscape. I don't the autorotate button locked!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

thanks you

Quote Originally Posted by glenn_perri View Post
    Fn+DEL??? The only keyboard I have is the one on my screen I don't have those keys on my screen!!! My screen is stuck on portrait view and will not go back to landscape. I don't the autorotate button locked!
    "I had the same problem as well; my screen rotation icon would disappear from the charms bar almost randomly sometimes, and it would stop functioning. There was a thread somewhere for the Lenovo yogas, and they had the same problem. Nevertheless...

like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, I can confirm that the device manager -> sensors -> find the ! device -> right click -> properties -> drivers tab -> disable/enable

additionally, right click -> update software.
    apparently there was an update for it, I hope that it will resolve the problem, or at least make the bug less frequent." Thanks you cptscruffy so much. i fixed it.

rscheller
    @glenn_perri if you're using the onscreen keyboard, look at the lower right key... looks like a keyboard symbol... touch that and you can select different keyboards and one of them includes the Fn keys option.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links