Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Help with drivers...

Ill try and keep this brief..

Had problems using the windows recovery tools. They don't work. Get a message saying important files are missing and to insert recovery media. Presume something got corrupted.
    Spoke to Asus, they advised to return the unit but I don't want to do this if I could sort it out myself.

After much googling, I read a way to restore any missing files by downloading a fresh Windows 8.1 iso directly from Microsoft. This was a method posted on many tech websites, didn't involve downloading any illegal copies or anything, it came from a Microsoft update site.

This sorted out any windows recovery problems, it can now restore, refresh etc etc.

But, one step forward, 4 back...
    This fresh install doesn't find many hardware devices/drivers.
    About 8 unknown devices listed in device manager. Screen for example is generic vga. Cant use the touch screen at all now. No sound. Not sure what other drivers are missing but those are 2 that I can clearly see are not working.

Spoke to Asus, they advise it may be many weeks before drivers for these are on their website. And also say they are having problems with drivers and are still working on ''issues'.

Anyway, is anyone able to help , really I can manage with just getting the screen and sound to work.

I have read that theres an install.wim file. Is anyone able to provide that? I can pay for the time via paypal. Hope this doesn't break any rules asking for that. I know what to do hopefully once I have the install.wim file. But its a biggie, 2.8Gb :-(

Or if anyone is able to isolate settings/drivers for the screen/sound or know where to find them on manufacturers websites? I think its a realtec sound chip for example , but not sure and no idea what driver to try and download.

Oh, if anyone is considering purchasing this and has any questions ill try and answer any I can. Without pointing them to recovery solution that don't work ha.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    7 times
    I have also had problems with mine that were apparently initiated by driver problems when installing a legacy Windows program. I eventually managed to do a restore, but none of the original programs work after the restoration. Asus gave me the same advice, and I am returning it to the seller for a refund. Fortunately, the seller is Newegg and the return and refund is painless.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh thats good. Shame you have to send it back though. I would but im in europe and bought it from the states. Relucant to send it back when its just a driver issue.
    Anyone abke to check device manager and see whag driver the display uses? Real pain not being able to use the touch screen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, mine too. i buy at new york and bought it to indonesia. after that, many problem happen just because of driver. bought it on bhphotovideo.com and has email them. they say, send it back to them and they would replace it. the cost is gonna high, because dhl so expensive in here, and there a custom cost too.. but now i solve the driver problem. you just need to install drivermax (DriverMax) and then update t100ta driver with it. Before this, i have touchscreen problem, blue screen of dead, driver problem etc. after update the driver with driver max, the problem is gone. BTW, i think you should turn off fast shutdown option. i think somehow, asus t100ta hasn't ready for that. Just update your driver with it, and feel the different.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links