Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

T100TA - Unit charges, but battery indicator stuck at 0%

Good Evening,

I have a T100TA running Windows 10. When I plug in the charger, the power continually flashes yellow. The windows battery indicator reads 0% charge, even if I charge the unit over night. Even though the indicator reads 0% the unit is charged and I can run on the battery for at least 8 hours. I have tried 1) unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 60 (& 120) seconds (i.e. hard reset), 2) removing the cover, disconnecting the battery, waiting 30 minutes, then reconnecting the battery and 3) draining the battery by running the unit until it turns off, then repeating step 2. None of the above makes a difference and the windows battery indicator still reads 0%. The BIOS is 214 and I would like to update to 314, but can't because the program says I need at least a 20% charge. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you for your help.

Gordon

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    900 times
    Welcome to the forum Gordon, sounds as if you've tried just about everything! You don't say whether your T100 is still under warrenty, but I would suggest sending Asus_USA a private message describing your problem. He is an Asus rep that is on our forum. Good luck!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (from an S4); Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonmx View Post
    Good Evening,

I have a T100TA running Windows 10. When I plug in the charger, the power continually flashes yellow. The windows battery indicator reads 0% charge, even if I charge the unit over night. Even though the indicator reads 0% the unit is charged and I can run on the battery for at least 8 hours. I have tried 1) unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 60 (& 120) seconds (i.e. hard reset), 2) removing the cover, disconnecting the battery, waiting 30 minutes, then reconnecting the battery and 3) draining the battery by running the unit until it turns off, then repeating step 2. None of the above makes a difference and the windows battery indicator still reads 0%. The BIOS is 214 and I would like to update to 314, but can't because the program says I need at least a 20% charge. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you for your help.

Gordon
    Hi gordonmx, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. This issue does seem to be hardware related and we would recommend servicing. Please send us an email with your serial number to socialsupportus@asus.com with reference to Case#: N180633401 for us to provide repair options.
    sculptedstylus likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links