Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times

T100TAM doesn't show USB DVD drive in BIOS or boot up from it.

Earlier I had the USB external DVD drive showing up in the BIOS boot manager. But I couldn't get the machine to boot from the DVD drive. The drive boots in my Lenovo thinkpad so I'm pretty sure the drive and CD disc are OK. But now the DVD drive doesn't even show up in BIOS much less boot from a bootable CD.

Strange thing is, though the DVD drive doesn't show up in BIOS, I can see the drive and read the discs in it with Windows 10 booted up.

Any advice appreciated.
    Last edited by BlitheringIdiot; 03-10-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    1 times
    if the DVD image is an x64 it seems that some T100TAM (most) wont boot an x64 UEFI boot DVD or USB. Try making or using an x86 boot DVD or USB. Yes, the SYSTEM is x64 capable but it seems the BIOS may well not be (even with latest 400 BIOS). There are some french models that appear to be x64 BIOS capable.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringIdiot View Post
    Earlier I had the USB external DVD drive showing up in the BIOS boot manager. But I couldn't get the machine to boot from the DVD drive. The drive boots in my Lenovo thinkpad so I'm pretty sure the drive and CD disc are OK. But now the DVD drive doesn't even show up in BIOS much less boot from a bootable CD.

Strange thing is, though the DVD drive doesn't show up in BIOS, I can see the drive and read the discs in it with Windows 10 booted up.

Any advice appreciated.
    Hi BlitheringIdiot, allow us to apologize for the troubles. As indicated in the previous post by jimmychoosshoes it is better to create a bootable x86 version of Windows 10 to boot from. Most of these models are of x86 BIOS and will not boot using a x64 boot drive.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links