Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times

T100 TAF touchpad erratic and becoming unusable

I am using an ASUS T100 TAF tablet notepad. I'm a second user but it's like new. However, the touchpad has 2 issues.

Firstly, it occasionally stops working altogether - the cursor just disappears. This is irritating but curable by removing and reconnecting the tablet.

Secondly, and far more serious, the touchpad is over-sensitive to the point of being a liability. I have just inadvertently sent an unfinished email yet I clicked nothing. The 'fault' is inconsistent. Sometimes I can safely pass across several links, eg mailboxes, with nothing happening, the next moment one wll open without me clicking. Sometimes new windows open when I wasn't anywhere near the link. I would not be surprised if this post submitted itself without me clicking 'Submit'! Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this major problem?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    Have you tried opening Asus Smart Gesture and making some changes there? I know you can disable the tap on the touchpad to select... that may help you.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for that. I had already disabled 3-finger gestures as per advice I'd read elsewhere. But I hadn't realised there is a difference between single finger clicking and tapping, (there is no such thing as tapping on my old MacBook touchpad) and I assumed you couldn't disable one without the other. But I was wrong - I've turned off the very dangerous tapping, and clicking still works. However I'm not convinced that will solve all the problems I was having - like links opening I might have merely passed over or near but not tapped - I will monitor it to see if it does, and report back. Thanks again.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links