Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times

Asus T100HA Problem turning on (hibernate)

I set the power setting to go to hibernate when I close it or press the power button. Thanks to this the battery has stopped draining since compared to the basic sleep mode.

However, when on hibernate, it does not turn on properly. When I press the power button to activate the PC then a white LED flashes 6 times and the Asus screen starts but after a few seconds it goes to a black screen and stays there. If I hold the battery for about 10-15s then the laptop shuts off, and only then once I press the power button again for a few seconds the white LED flashes agian 6 times and the laptop will fully reboot up.

Also, I have tried updating the BIOS to the latest version and this hasnt resolved anything

I tried to add this : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es]
    "USBBIOSx"=dword:00000000
    But nothing changed.

Could you please help me ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pidobeuliou View Post
    I set the power setting to go to hibernate when I close it or press the power button. Thanks to this the battery has stopped draining since compared to the basic sleep mode.

However, when on hibernate, it does not turn on properly. When I press the power button to activate the PC then a white LED flashes 6 times and the Asus screen starts but after a few seconds it goes to a black screen and stays there. If I hold the battery for about 10-15s then the laptop shuts off, and only then once I press the power button again for a few seconds the white LED flashes agian 6 times and the laptop will fully reboot up.

that same thing happened to me. i closed it (with the keyboard connected) and opened and voila...!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    64 times
    Hibernate is not fully supported on a tablet, sleep is somewhat supported.
    Modern Standby Sleep in Microsoft Windows 10. Overview, tests, problems.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    144 times

Also, I have tried updating the BIOS to the latest version and this hasnt resolved anything

But nothing changed.

Could you please help me ?
    Hi, allow us to apologize for the troubles. Hibernation is indeed not fully supported on tablets due to space limitations. Hence the reason why completely powering off the device to release this space then turning it on normally is needed. We do apologize for this inconvenience.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    3 times
    Oh dear.
    What a lot of bad advice there has been.

I have had this. It seems to be that the machine starts quite happily, but then tries to display to a screen that is not present. Somebody posted that they closed and opened the lid.
    This is enough to persuade windows to swap displays.

But nothing changed.
    Oh no ! Stay away from random bios changes.

Who said that hibernate does not work ? It works fine for me.
    Maybe I had to
    Code:
    powercfg.exe /hibernate on
    but that's it.
    It makes a large'ish hibernation file, but you have to live with that for hibernation to work.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mimble View Post
    O...It makes a large'ish hibernation file, but you have to live with that for hibernation to work.
    If you don't mind wearing out the eMMC drive sooner.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, i have hibernate working, but you need to specify the hiberfil.sys page sizes and allocate the dynamic virtual ram as well as disable DEP.
    Power options need to be set on the USB controller so that they are set to never let Windows turn them off to save power. This will ensure the touch pad does not sleep when you reboot, or the dock itself. If they sleep, the black screen appears, because of the screensaver being 'stuck'... Similar problems happen while sdxc cards are inserted while using hibernate.
    Device Monitor process gets stuck trying to enumerate either of those devices.. And a reset is required.
    I just recorded and uploaded a video to YouTube for you showing my t100 booting after a few days in Hibernation, while charging.
    Ensure that sleep and hibernate timers do not conflict in power options

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times

Mobile isnt letting me edit post

Here is another of Sleep and Hibernate, so I'm not pretending its happening

Forgot to mention one key point... If you hibernate in tablet mode, boot in tablet mode.

If you hibernate in notebook mode, boot in notebook mode.

Same as above reasons for devcon.exe
    Last edited by NeoBeum; 08-12-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    My hiberfil.sys is 256mb by the way. Cbf explaining now or how to tweak the t100han to get it doing that without blowing crap up,

The micro sd thread that i started was moved to the help section and i was avoiding posting in the global sd topic because it has 20pg of irrelevant info not related to windows 10

It was also asking more about which chipsets were experiencing problems so i could go bug intel...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links