Thread: Replacement suggestion

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times

Replacement suggestion

My 3 year old Asus T100TA died over the weekend. I had been having trouble with the drive for a few weeks but was able to limp along. Early Saturday it gave up the ghost. I spent the rest of the weekend trying to revive it but have had no luck and am ready to admit defeat. So what do I get to replace it?

I like about the T100 -

it's size, versatility, and price. I don't do any heavy computing, just surfing the web, email, and stuff like that. I haven't had the time to look extensively for a replacement but thought that if anyone else has been down this road their experience might be helpful. So, sharing of thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    You want the same price point as the T100TA?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    Yes, I liked the price point but now I suppose I could go up a tad if necessary. The detachable keyboard is really what sold me along with the size.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Could you live with an attached keyboard but with a flip under style? Does it have to be Windows OS?

There are many, many products available that have either of those form factors that would fall in the sub $450 price range.

I dread the day I have to replace my T100TA... there's just so many options. Whatever that item is, I'll make sure it's out of the box running the current available OS.
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    The flip under thing doesn't really speak the detachable key board. The full size of the laptops doesn't capture my attention either. That there are so many products available overwhelms me hence my question about what others have done when their
    t100 has bit the dust.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    You made me do some research... LOL... and if I was looking to replace my T100TA, I'd see where ASUS is at with the ASUS Transformer Mini T102. Looks like it hits all the marks.

ASUS Transformer Book T102HA-D4-GR Ultrabook Intel Atom x5-Z8350 (1.44 GHz) 128 GB eMMC Intel HD Graphics Shared memory 10.1" Touchscreen Windows 10 Home 64-Bit-Newegg.com
    Swipe and eejit like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    Wow! That's really sharp. Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    Picked up a used T100 off of Ebay for less than $100. That ought to hold me for now. I think I'm going to ask Santa for a T102HA.
    rickscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiniquiet View Post
    Yes, I liked the price point but now I suppose I could go up a tad if necessary. The detachable keyboard is really what sold me along with the size.
    Once my early generation T100TA goes out on me, I am certain it won't be another ASUS tablet. My unit went back for a factory reset, luckily it was still under warranty.
    It came back with the 20 GB problem, a few Gbytes available. Trashed the Office installation to buy some more space. Kick in the keyboard jumping cursor problem. No more effort on my end for now. It is just a Windo,w tablet for me with the only advantage being using Firefox and Adobe Flashplayer for streaming videos. Sorry ASUS.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links