Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    8 times

ASUS T100HA sluggish performance

I have had the tablet for few months and now use it more and more rarely because i find that it is very sluggish especially on the screen ON function, common issues:

Once screen is ON from sleep:

- I dont have unlock with password/pin set up but sometimes waking tablet up from screen OFF it asks me to enter
    - It is responding slowly to my gesture to swipe up the welcome wallpaper to get into desktop
    - Opening a first app is a challenge, often it doesn't respond and then maybe after 3-5 minutes
    - Orientation at first can be stuck and it takes tablet few seconds to work out what way it should be

Anyone has same issues? Any suggestions?

I have not loaded it with lots off apps, back ground app are disabled, fresh OS re-install done, i have space 30GB free out of 57GB.

My exact spec is:
    IntelĀ® Cherry Trail Quad-Core Z8500 Processor,
    OnBoard Memory 2 GB
    64GB eMMC
    OnBoard Memory 2 GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimo View Post
    I have had the tablet for few months and now use it more and more rarely because i find that it is very sluggish especially on the screen ON function, common issues:

Once screen is ON from sleep:

- I dont have unlock with password/pin set up but sometimes waking tablet up from screen OFF it asks me to enter
    - It is responding slowly to my gesture to swipe up the welcome wallpaper to get into desktop
    - Opening a first app is a challenge, often it doesn't respond and then maybe after 3-5 minutes
    - Orientation at first can be stuck and it takes tablet few seconds to work out what way it should be

Anyone has same issues? Any suggestions?

I have not loaded it with lots off apps, back ground app are disabled, fresh OS re-install done, i have space 30GB free out of 57GB.

My exact spec is:
    IntelĀ® Cherry Trail Quad-Core Z8500 Processor,
    OnBoard Memory 2 GB
    64GB eMMC
    OnBoard Memory 2 GB
    Don't want to state the obvious, but make sure the drivers are all up to date. Mine at times would stay on a black screen after waking up until I updated the BIOS (I think the latest is 214). Mine is a 4GB variant. Also, be VERY careful with clean installs if you update the BIOS as I suspect this causes it to refuse official drivers when you complete the setup, although I cannot confirm this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Don't want to state the obvious, but make sure the drivers are all up to date. Mine at times would stay on a black screen after waking up until I updated the BIOS (I think the latest is 214). Mine is a 4GB variant. Also, be VERY careful with clean installs if you update the BIOS as I suspect this causes it to refuse official drivers when you complete the setup, although I cannot confirm this.
    I must correct myself. I sent mine in to Asus recently and they sent it back with BIOS 216 (its not even available in their download page, but this may mean I was correct since the only time my drivers refused to install upon a clean install was after I manually updated to 214). Also, they now have NEWER BIOS versions 220 and 221. Lastly, if you plan on taking this route, SKIP 214 and opt in for the newer ones. Make sure you are 100% charged (to avoid conflicts since the BIOS is EXTREMELY SENSITIVE) and use Asus' OFFICIAL WinFlash software. DO NOT do it directly from the BIOS itself as it has been said to brick people.

*PS as a disclaimer since readers may want to point fingers fail to acknowledge my BIG LETTERS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT GOES WRONG ON YOUR DEVICE.
    Last edited by Cross; 06-04-2016 at 02:52 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links