Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

T100TA Dock Disconnecting Issue

Hi guys, first post here. I'm facing an issue with the dock disconnecting. Unfortunately the warranty is over, so if anyone could give a solution or direction it would really help.
    I can hear the connect/disconnect sound when wiggling the dock. If I make any movement like adjust the view angle or just lift the transformer it disconnects and I hear the sound again and again.
    I'm not sure if it is related, but this issue started when i tried to connect a external HD and it was with a malfunction. The hd was connecting and disconnecting continuously and when I gave up of it I noticed that the dock was doing the same. Again, not sure if it's related, but maybe could be a charging problem, I don't know.
    I was with a problem with the charger also. It was not working properly, so I had to use my zenfone charger untill I bought another.
    I'm running Windows 10, i did a reset already and reinstalled the drivers.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Something to do with the docking connector.

Maybe dirt or debris... have you tried using "canned air" to blow into the connector.

Are the mechanical latches locking the tab to the keyboard? Can you remove the tab from the keyboard without pressing the button?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    7 times
    This is exactly what is going on with mine. I just had warranty work done and the motherboard was replaced with the t100tam motherboard(courtesy of square trade). I have a t100ta 64gb. Before the motherboard replacement it had just started this behavior!
    Bios is t100tam.205 .
    Previous motherboard Bios was 314. Any ideas? I'm getting really frustrated(haven't been able to use for several weeks due to warranty)!
    My dock requires the button to be pushed for disconnect.
    Repair center cleaned dock connectors

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    7 times
    BTW running win8.1
    Last edited by kittygirl95; 04-01-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post

Maybe dirt or debris... have you tried using "canned air" to blow into the connector.

Are the mechanical latches locking the tab to the keyboard? Can you remove the tab from the keyboard without pressing the button?
    Which one is the actual connector where to blow air into? The left, middle, or right "prong" on the dock or the left, middle, or right "hole" on the tablet?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JCgouveia View Post
    Hi guys, first post here. I'm facing an issue with the dock disconnecting. Unfortunately the warranty is over, so if anyone could give a solution or direction it would really help.
    I can hear the connect/disconnect sound when wiggling the dock. If I make any movement like adjust the view angle or just lift the transformer it disconnects and I hear the sound again and again.
    I'm not sure if it is related, but this issue started when i tried to connect a external HD and it was with a malfunction. The hd was connecting and disconnecting continuously and when I gave up of it I noticed that the dock was doing the same. Again, not sure if it's related, but maybe could be a charging problem, I don't know.
    I was with a problem with the charger also. It was not working properly, so I had to use my zenfone charger untill I bought another.
    I'm running Windows 10, i did a reset already and reinstalled the drivers.
    This seems to be a very common problem with the T100 after reading a lot of reports about it on this forum and even a youtube video about it. Besides the connectors, also see this aspect of the problem mentioned by another user:

"I had the same issue: intermittent connection.

I managed to fix it myself by opening up the keyboard and reseat the connector cable. I noticed the cable was twisted therefore I rotated the cable one turn so it would push down inwards on the connector. During the proces I also made sure that I put the adhesive tape back on with proper tension.

Now I do not have any issues anymore with intermittent connection nor keyboard not being recognised.
    Easy fix to do, opening up the keyboard itself is the hardest part."

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post

Yes, i used canned air, and it's locked, I'm not able to remove it without pressing the button.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by treehouse View Post
    This seems to be a very common problem with the T100 after reading a lot of reports about it on this forum and even a youtube video about it. Besides the connectors, also see this aspect of the problem mentioned by another user:

"I had the same issue: intermittent connection.

I managed to fix it myself by opening up the keyboard and reseat the connector cable. I noticed the cable was twisted therefore I rotated the cable one turn so it would push down inwards on the connector. During the proces I also made sure that I put the adhesive tape back on with proper tension.

Now I do not have any issues anymore with intermittent connection nor keyboard not being recognised.
    Easy fix to do, opening up the keyboard itself is the hardest part."
    I openned the keyboard but I was not confident enough to do it. But i'm gonna try it again

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JCgouveia View Post
    I openned the keyboard but I was not confident enough to do it. But i'm gonna try it again
    I am even less confident and would not know how to do it myself either. Shame on Asus for abandoning its customers to such cruddy hardware problems and never doing any recall of anything.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by treehouse View Post
    I am even less confident and would not know how to do it myself either. Shame on Asus for abandoning its customers to such cruddy hardware problems and never doing any recall of anything.
    I took mine apart today and noticed that the wire going into the docking mechanism on tablet side was bent at smaller than 90 degrees angle (looked pretty bad!!!). I couldn't disconnect that wire to reposition it (the connector was covered in tape because the wires are NOT shielded or wrapped individually). I am not sure if it was still disconnecting running android(android x86) in live mode
    T00TA-C1-WH(S) 64g with 128g microsd card & Z3775 processor Windows 8.1 & Anker dock with 24 inch monitor=awesome!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links