Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    0 times

New T100HA - Issues

I got a T100HA and overall, I like it. I've run into a few issues.

1. I've got the ghost touch issue. While typing, the screen acts like I touched it. it's fairly irritating.

2. The front camera is upside down in most apps. None of the fixes from this forum work. My drivers and bios are up to date.

3. The SD card slot is designed poorly. The SD card remains sticking out after it's locked in. It gets bumped easily and pops back out. Do they make short-microsd cards or something? I'm really baffled why they designed it this way.

Anyway, if anyone's had luck mitigating these issues, let me know.

Thanks!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

Firstly, please correct your profile to identify your device. Thanks.

Ghost touches are a symptom of poor hardware. T100s are great - unless you get a bad one. You have a bad one. As it is new, return it immediately for a replacement - don't even think about it.

The camera issue is a real bug & doesn't look like being properly solved any time soon.
    The SD slot depth is not resolvable AFAIK - unless you physically trim the card!

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    9 times
    The SD card popping out irritated me--particularly when it flies across the room. I planned to put one in the base but am unsure--would not be available in tablet mode and would (probably) be slower as the base is USB 2.0 only. Better this than my phone where you need to struggle with a fingernail to get the microSD out. Current solution is low tech--thin card cut to size so the microSD does not spring out.

Had the ghost taps when the T100 was out of the box. Updated Win10 and drivers--gone. But this may not have been the fix. Odd ghosts last week when I vigorously cleaned the screen with a microfibre cloth. Are the ghost taps from static during shipping/cleaning? Low humidity and some carpets accentuate this. Next appearance I will ground my wrist and run my hand over the screen.
    T100HA 2/32GB with 64GB no-name microSD. Came with Win10. Cutting it down to get rid of Microsoft spying.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    0 times
    Yea, I think mine gets worse as the screen gets dirtier. It's not nearly as bad as some of the videos I've see, where the device is nearly usable. I could return or RMA it but, honestly, that's a crappy solution. I have to pay shipping and it takes forever. From what I'm seeing, both the camera and the ghost touch issue are due to poor Win10 drivers. Which is hilarious considering it came with Win10. ALL of the drivers for this device work very poorly in windows 10. In fact, I installed win10 from scratch to get rid of the insane amount of bloatware and the device was almost completely unusable because Win10 didn't recognize most of the hardware. I had to plug in a generic wifi adapter and mouse just to get the correct drivers on it.

I, personally, would not recommend the T100HA at this time. I'd wait until the drivers are up to snuff. The device itself seems well made, with the exception of the SD card slot and the upside down webcam it's pretty nice. The drivers though... wow... horrible. I think I'm going to sit on it and hope better drivers come out soon.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Mopps View Post
    I got a T100HA and overall, I like it. I've run into a few issues.

1. I've got the ghost touch issue. While typing, the screen acts like I touched it. it's fairly irritating.
    [...]
    There is a utility on the asus web site:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/..._Auto_Tool.zip

If the calibration is very very bad, you may have to run the program a few times.
    From experience, if you connect or disconnect an external monitor/projector/TV via HDMI, you have to run the utility again.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links