Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By felixdd

Thread: T100TAM triple display workstation!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    10 times

T100TAM triple display workstation!

Just want to share this with y'all

Why? Well...

1) this is my macbook's workstation actually. I have it hooked up to 2 economy 1080p panels. However, my Macbook's in the shop for some repairs...so I have to get my work done on my tablet. I still want my triple display though.
    2) Because I can :P

So the tablet (T100TAM)t is on the left, where my macbook usually sits. It is plugged into a USB charger and audio out to my speakers. I have my USB-powered cooler blowing into the back of the tablet to keep things reasonably cool.

The main panel in the middle is being driven by the micro-HDMI output to a VGA converter. The output isn't the best but I can read text with reasonable comfort. After setting this output I spent a few bucks on eBay to get a micro-to-normal HDMI adapter, hopefully for a cleaner setup.

The smaller panel to the right is actually my HP Touchpad running Android. It is plugged into an externally-powered USB hub that's plugged into the T100. The hub is powering the USB laptop cooler and the tablet, as well as the transceiver for my mouse.

The whole setup is actually quite cheap and most things were from the bargain bin. The screens ($100 a pop), the hub (~$15 that I had for ages), speakers ($20), laptop cooler ($15), and the mouse (which I've had almost 10 years now) is the same setup I use for my Macbook. The VGA adapter for my tablet was from ebay for a few bucks, while both the T100 and HP Touchpad I bought from local firesales.

The whole setup is surprisingly functional. I'm using it mainly for content consumption (reading and annotating PDFs...Excel work) although I actually run SAS on it (a statistical analysis package) for some light stats work. I'm hoping to use the T100TAM + HP Touchpad combo in lieu of my macbook when I go to my stats class tomorrow.

Why? Because I can :P

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    6 times
    Do you know how to set up the T100A for two screens that show *different* windows (different content)?
    When I look at display settings I see Extended desktop, notebook only, external display only or both (same screen).
    How would you get two completely feeds for the screens?
    TIA

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan View Post
    Do you know how to set up the T100A for two screens that show *different* windows (different content)?
    When I look at display settings I see Extended desktop, notebook only, external display only or both (same screen).
    How would you get two completely feeds for the screens?
    TIA
    Choose "extend desktop" and that will do the trick

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links