Thread: Should I get the T100HA?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times

Should I get the T100HA?

Hey guys, lately I was searching for a tablet to watch some youtube, read and edit documents on my way from and to work etc.
    I was thinking of grabbing a cheap Android tablet and then I came across the Asus Transformer Book, I liked it.
    I also liked the fact it runs Windows 10.
    I'm talking about the Model with Z8500 processor and 4GB of RAM.
    My uses will be mostly 720p youtube videos, web and documents.
    I really like the fact it got a keyboard.
    BUT
    I can't stand lags or lack of processing power, I mean if I will browse around and it will lag, or it will lag when I watch youtube - I will sell it right away.
    Also I'm a freak of fresh installations so the first thing I do will be to install a clean version of my own Windows 10 Education Edition.

Now, after reading all of that, do you think the T100HA is the right device for me?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

Nothing in your use scenario indicates that you wouldn't be happy with theT100. It certainly would meet your needs, likely far better than Android. The only thing that concerns me is wanting to replace a factory Windows 10, which you bout, with an Edu version.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    As long as you have access to a license for the Education edition through MSDN or similar you will have no problem installing it. I have installed Windows 10 Pro using an MSDN license provided for school with no problems.

ASUS usually includes a folder on their systems with all the driver installation files stored in one place. If you make a copy of that you will have no problem installing the correct drivers again. If you forget to do this, all the drivers are also available on the ASUS support page for the T100.

I use a t100TA for very much the same things. No problems with performance or response on that model and it is the older version of the HA with z3775 and 2GB of RAM.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Swipe likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys, Ofc I got a lifetime license for Windows 10 Edu that I got from my University...
    I will also save the license that I got by buying the T100 ofc, just in case for future use.
    Did you guys happen to know if this model can run League of Legends, even on the lowest settings?
    Not even for playing, but for spectating only.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danielzy View Post
    Did you guys happen to know if this model can run League of Legends, even on the lowest settings?
    Not even for playing, but for spectating only.
    Welcome to the forum. There is a section on Games -- you can do a forum search after clicking on the link below -search for "league of legends" specify posts... been talked about a few times.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...ok-t100-games/
    Last edited by Swipe; 02-07-2016 at 12:03 PM.
    Gtanner00 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    9 times
    ..........Now, after reading all of that, do you think the T100HA is the right device for me?

Probably yes. In the after Christmas sales I got a small Lenovo from Staples to replace my ancient netbook. It was a real dog, dim screen and somewhat heavy. Staples has a good return policy so I switched for the T100HA, on sale for $199--plus a 64GB microSD. I am very impressed even though this is the 2MB/32GB version. (The 4/64 version does not seem to be available in Canada without special order--at list price!)

Processing and graphics power are adequate. The wifi only does g or n--not the latest or fastest. The IPS screen is great--brightest I have ever had, I am usually at 15% brightness; and the battery really does last over ten hours with moderate use. I have used better touchpads but with 3 USB ports I am now using a mouse. Really clever charger, charges smartphones at 5 volt but plug the Asus in and it jumps to 9 volts and charges faster. Like so many lithium-ion devices the battery percent is not very accurate

You are paying for Win 10 in the T100HA price. Unless Win 10 Edu has extra features you want (encryption?), do not swap. I was maintaining computers long before you were born and if there is any prevailing message it is to leave sleeping dogs lie. Murphy's law says if anything can go wrong it will. That said I am going to open the keyboard and hardwire the microSD to the USB controller there. The one in the tablet slot had a nasty habit of falling out. Also I can add a 64 or 128 one there giving me 224GB of storage. I have also bought dongles--mini HTML to standard, and USB-C to USB standard for the mouse (I tried a Bluetooth mouse but too much lag.)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links