Thread: How can I free up more disk space on my 32gb asus transformer

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times

How can I free up more disk space on my 32gb asus transformer

I have 10.3 gb of space and the only programs that I installed on here are windows office, google chrome, adobe reader, and avast. I also downloaded some pdfs for a research paper, but I have printed them out and the amount of free space did not change even after deleting them.

Also, will this thing survive everyday usage? I bought the T100TAF-B12-GR model on Friday and it is already acting weird. I guess this is what I get for being cheap and buying a $200 laptop.

EDIT:I forgot to mention that I have deleted a majority of the apps that came with it and still no luck
    Last edited by Angelic1995; 10-12-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

Properly taken care of it shouldn't be any different from any other Windows device. As for trying to recover some disks space, see the link in my signature for some helpful info.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Properly taken care of it shouldn't be any different from any other Windows device. As for trying to recover some disks space, see the link in my signature for some helpful info.
    Thank you!
    I will definitely take better care of it than I did with my HP Pavilion. Poor thing went through hell.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    one tip i found is to make VHD's on a micro SDXC card. the bummer is that it is limited to the read/write speeds of the slot itself, but can be useful if you want a fixed drive and can install applications to it with no issues.

i use this method for my OneDrive accounts since you can't explicitly set the micro SDXC card as a destination. on startup, the VHD's are mapped as drives automatically. this would only be feasible if you left the card in the slot.

DKL
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    You should've gotten a 64GB version at the very least if you wanted to be able to store more than the most basic applications on it. Also, do not use the full storage of the 32GB. Leave at least 3GB free. Preferably closer to 5GB. This preserves the speed and lifespan of the drive.

Yes, this is what you get for buying a $200 laptop. The T100 screen(ASUS Screens in general) isn't very durable either so be quite careful with the little thing! Dropping or slamming it is bad for its health and may cause permanent bruising(cracks in the screen).

The performance of the T100 is great as long as you are fine with being limited in storage aside from external storage solutions(I personally use a fast USB 3.0 Drive for 64GB of more storage) The USB Drive can be found here for about $18, when I bought it last year it was $24 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7PBWNU/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by DKL; 10-12-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    Angelic1995 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DKL View Post
    You should've gotten a 64GB version at the very least if you wanted to be able to store more than the most basic applications on it. Also, do not use the full storage of the 32GB. Leave at least 3GB free. Preferably closer to 5GB. This preserves the speed and lifespan of the drive.

Yes, this is what you get for buying a $200 laptop. The T100 screen(ASUS Screens in general) isn't very durable either so be quite careful with the little thing! Dropping or slamming it is bad for its health and may cause permanent bruising(cracks in the screen).

The performance of the T100 is great as long as you are fine with being limited in storage aside from external storage solutions(I personally use a fast USB 3.0 Drive for 64GB of more storage) The USB Drive can be found here for about $18, when I bought it last year it was $24 : Amazon.com: Silicon Power 64GB Blaze B30 USB 3.0 Swivel Flash Drive, Black (SP064GBUF3B30V1K): Computers & Accessories
    I was thinking of buying a flash drive too but right now I'm kind of leaning more towards getting an external hard drive because I wanted to install my origin games. I don't really know much about them though. What do you think about this one?

And thank you for the recommendation! The price isn't too bad and majority of the reviews are great. If I do end up getting a flashdrive, it will be this one
    Last edited by Angelic1995; 10-12-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    You know that is only a case, right? "External Hard Drive Disk Enclosure" "Converts any 9.5mm & 7mm 2.5-Inch SATA HDD/SSD into an external hard drive for ultimate mobility and convenience." So you'll need to fit a drive into it.

Unless you have a spare drive kicking around that you plan to use, you'll need something like this...Amazon.com: Toshiba Canvio Connect II 1TB Portable Hard Drive, Black (HDTC810XK3A1): Computers & Accessories

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

DKL
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    There is of course the option of getting a 250GB SSD and putting it in the enclosure.

If you do buy a regular hard drive or SSD and put it in an enclosure, I recommend doing some price comparison with pcpartpicker.com beforehand. They are like the Amazon for pc components with reviews from people that bought and used the parts(in this case, drives). Unlike other review sites, pcpartpicker is known for having no reviewers that have been payed off by the companies to give a good review no matter what. This is due to being smaller and not as well known among the general non-pc building population.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Just get a good quality 128 gb SD card. It is more portable. I just read that the next big Windows 10 update (Threshold 2) will support installing Store programs, etc. to external storage. Yay!
    rickscheller likes this.

DKL
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    Also note that if you are not organized that it is much easier to lose and generally slower as well.

Each option has their pros and cons

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links