Thread: Unbelievable what a warranty company did to my Asus T100TA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    5 times

Unbelievable what a warranty company did to my Asus T100TA

As the title suggests, I had an Asus T100TA. Loved it. At some point I figured I would like to use the sd reader. Didn't work. So I sent it in for repair under my "after warranty" protection plan. They fixed it beautifully. But then guess what: They took my 64 GB Sandisc ssd drive and replaced it with a 32 GB drive!!!!!!!!!! What the?????????? Did they think I wouldn't find out?
    So I sent it back after a formal complaint was lodged.
    I got it back again. With: well, what do you know: the slowest ssd disc they could find with only 50 GB.
    Needless to say: Formal complaint again. I told them I didn't trust them anymore to give me a good solution on this machine. I demanded a new one.
    Well, to the company's credit: They reimbursed me for the full price of a new one in the form of an Amazon Gift Card.
    So: Now I got the Chi 300. I paid the difference and the 300 is being prepared for shipment.
    Lesson: Before your transformer goes out for repair: Copy all the information on your machine. (Hard drive serial numbers, year manufactured and anything else you can think of. That way no repair business can ever say that you're making things up. I had all the proof I needed. Without that, this might have been a lost cause.

DKL
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    You may want to update your Tablet accordingly. In addition, I am now staying away from ASUS altogether. They seem riddled with various problems whether from their warranty support or their repair services or just the durability on their computers being pretty terrible(I've heard of $900 laptops from ASUS having similar problems to my T100's... like screen easily damaged, charger not charging well after a few months of use, etc.).

At this point I've given up on laptops and am now just going to buy a cheap laptop when I absolutely need it, otherwise I'm planning to stick with desktops and will be buying parts to build myself one(after a LONG amount of time spent doing extensive research) during Black Friday this year. I'm also making it a point to stay away from ASUS products from now on.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Moved from "off topic" to T100 General
    DKL likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    5 times
    It was not the Asus warranty. It was an extended warranty from the seller. My dealings with Asus itself have actually been pretty good so far. I did not mention the company on purpose. Because in the end they solved the wrong doings of their employee and treated me fairly by getting me a full refund so I could buy a new one. I do not believe in damaging their reputation. I merely posted this as a lesson for everyone to make sure they get their machines back with the proper original parts. Some employees can be less than honest. So: serial numbers, documentation, and proof of everything before you send in a machine for repair.
    Last edited by ethbarry; 08-16-2015 at 05:36 PM.
    DKL likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    7 times
    I for one love my t100 (first intro to asus), but I would say that i have had a few blue error screens (NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) compared to any of the Toshibas my family has had (starting way back in 1995 to now) only one has had bsod(also the most beat up one and +5 yrs old and still works if I'm nice). Asus is still better most other pc manufacturers(IMO and experience) and certainly the t100 is innovative and economical compared to a comparable Toshiba system.

EDIT: I mean to say that I have more blue screen errors on my t100 than with any toshiba at the same age or older (except for the one with bsod).
    Last edited by kittygirl95; 08-18-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    ethbarry likes this.
    T00TA-C1-WH(S) 64g with 128g microsd card & Z3775 processor Windows 8.1 & Anker dock with 24 inch monitor=awesome!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    7 times
    Sounds like the warranty company did great fixing the problem!
    ethbarry likes this.
    T00TA-C1-WH(S) 64g with 128g microsd card & Z3775 processor Windows 8.1 & Anker dock with 24 inch monitor=awesome!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    You're obviously not going to mention seller or after market warranty company in your posts... that's OK... but here's what I'd do for closure.

Notify your "warranty company" in writing with all the details of your repair experience including the bad and the good. I would then CC the seller that same written letter and CC Asus with the same written letter.

Even though in the end, the warranty organization made things right, everyone in the chain should be made aware of your story. I'd suspect there was a specific individual at the repair facility that deliberately (or accidentally) messed things up.

IMHO
    DKL likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    5 times
    Hi Rick, Both Seller and warranty company have been notified in writing. The person responsable for taking out my 64 GB ssd was apparently fired. The second one who put a wrong disc in was given a warning from what I understand. That person did not commit theft but simply replaced the 32 GB with a lesser model 50GB in stead of the original Sandisc ssd 64GB. I don't want to penalize the companies more than I did. After all, this did try their best to resolve it and even gave me more money back than what I had spent on my first T100.
    My chi300 is on its way to me.
    DKL, rickscheller and kittygirl95 like this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links