Thread: T100ha!!!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    5 times

Question T100ha!!!

So who is upgrading to the T100HA when it comes out! I am for sure. It's exactly what I need. I do a lot of Android and .Net development on my T100TA 64gig, but I need to run 64-bit Windows to run the Windows Phone emulator. I have always wished for 2 more gig of ram. The T100 has been a fantastic device.
    Last edited by rickscheller; 10-25-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    22 times
    Some links:

Hands-on with the ASUS Transformer Book T100HA with Windows 10 | Windows Central
    Computex 2015: ASUS announces a trio of new Windows devices
    Asus Transformer T100HA: Cheap, chic and bang-up-to-date (hands-on) - Pocket-lint

Looks an excellent upgrade from the T100: Cherry Trail x5, up to 4GB RAM, 32-128GB SSD, 14 hour battery life.

The resolution of 1280x800 seems a disappointing downside from the T100 Chi's FullHD, I wonder if we'll see a Cherry Trail upgrade to the Chi model.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    481 times
    Interesting and thank you for posting the links.

My first impression when I see the whole packages is that there is no way I would pay a premium price for a "higher end" 10 inch laptop when I barely push the t100 in its current use case. 4gb of RAM seems like a waste on something like this. Would much rather that part of the budget going into the display.

That being said, if Asus allows the USB C port to be used to push to a high resolution display, the x5 should be plenty enough to make it a zippy home desktop that can be detached for on the go.

Also Asus can be really sneaky when they release specs and prices. There may be a model released at $400 but I can almost guarantee it will be 2gb of RAM and lower storage. The novelty of Windows 10 out of the box will be enough to justify the price even though W10 will be a free upgrade.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    4gb of RAM seems like a waste on something like this. Would much rather that part of the budget going into the display.
    Well, keep in mind that most of the extra memory bandwidth for Cherry Trail goes into helping to boost the performance of the GMA for the big graphical performance boost over Bay Trail, and isn't just beneficial to just things like multitasking... Not to mention other applications that require at least 4GB of RAM to work or at least makes it more practical, like working with VM as you have to set aside RAM for the VM to run from, among other benefits... So expect more RAM options to be pushed than ever before going forward now and not just for Windows devices...

While the limited resolution isn't that bad, especially if you do stick to low end usages, and probably helps contribute to the longer battery life that this model promises... Most reasons you would want higher resolution are much better applied to just connecting a larger monitor for productivity, etc. that can take much better use of it than a small screen that anyone without perfect vision may have issues with... Though, everyone has their own pet peeves about what aspect of the screen they think should take priority, like some would rather a 3:2 or even 4:3 aspect ratio but others can be almost diehards about 16:9...

But also keep in mind this is a budget specific device offering and they'll want to keep most of the premium features for their actual premium range products...

Besides improving graphical performance they've also improved wireless streaming for Miracast and WiDi... and there's no reason either the USB C or the dock's USB 3.0 can't be used to provide additional output options as well... Let's just hope the docking solutions based on those will get cheaper by the time this gets out...

Anyway, until more Cherry Trail models get released it would seem likely they plan one of either the x5-Z8500 or x5-Z8300... So either Asus will offer one for the 4GB model and one for the 2GB model or both will use the x5-Z8500 for a fairly nice update over existing T100's... and we'll see about pricing...

But keep in mind we're now less than a year away from Broxton and that means the OEMs are going to have to be aggressive about pushing Cherry Trail now and not have the usual slow turn over between the existing Bay Trail... So pricing may actually be more competitive than we're used to...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    481 times
    I agree on all the technical points you made. Just take that model, throw it in a magic grow-ray chamber, expand it to 12.5 inches and then Asus would have my attention.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    5 times
    I was interested in the CHI but they removed the ports. My use case is development I push mine to the max. I have a 64gig sd card with all my dev software like Android Studio and Visual Studio and I run the DUOS Android emulator so I run out of memory a lot. I do wish they would have up the resolution a hair instead of dropping it at hair with the HA model but I can live with that.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xzb6np View Post
    I was interested in the CHI but they removed the ports. My use case is development I push mine to the max. I have a 64gig sd card with all my dev software like Android Studio and Visual Studio and I run the DUOS Android emulator so I run out of memory a lot. I do wish they would have up the resolution a hair instead of dropping it at hair with the HA model but I can live with that.
    How did you install VS in your sd card? And are you able to compile in 64 bits? I don't think so, right?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    7 times
    T100ha looks more promising to me than t100chi. Chi is interesting since it allows stylus support, but the ports are something to be missed. With 14 hrs of battery(much better for all day use like college students) it sounds like they're attempting to rival the old Vivotabs. 4 gig of ram would allow emulators (ie turn t100 into android) to perform a whole lot better- I tried emulators but I was running out of memory so it wasn't very pretty. Anyone find out processor specs?
    Currently I have the t100ta (got it just before 100chi was announced-so I was bummed I didn't wait longer, but not anymore 64 gig.
    Last edited by kittygirl95; 06-23-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by samgu View Post
    How did you install VS in your sd card? And are you able to compile in 64 bits? I don't think so, right?
    Ya I misstated that. VS is on the C drive. Most of my other stuff is on the SD card. I was also able to move one of the major Windows directory folders that hogs a lot of memory over to the SD card using linked folders as describe somewhere around here.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xzb6np View Post
    Ya I misstated that. VS is on the C drive. Most of my other stuff is on the SD card. I was also able to move one of the major Windows directory folders that hogs a lot of memory over to the SD card using linked folders as describe somewhere around here.
    Just an fyi that what you did can be dangerous. SD cards are not a good place for any system files. If the card gets corrupted or damaged so goes your Windows. Several people here and on other forums have had the SD card fail then wondered, what now?

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links