Thread: T100ha!!!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I have a problem with touchpad. It just stops working from time to time - freezes the mouse. Touchscreen mouse works fine. Touchpad "restets" if I press windows logo on keyboard. ASUS smart gesture is on (I scroll with two fingers alot). Drivers are up to date. It's anoying freez :\
    It seems that nothing you can do about it. I live with it.
    Asus doesn't acknowledge this issue and hardly will fix it.
    Honestly I am about to throw this **** tablet away, too many faults.
    Last edited by eejit; 09-23-2016 at 05:26 PM. Reason: naughty word

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello everybody,

I have just ordered one T100HA (4 GB / 64 GB).
    I would like to know if it is advisable to purchase a screen protector in order to prevent scratches.
    Also, wanting to use ethernet, external hard drive and mouse, what port configuration you suggest ?
    All the devices trough usb-c (with an hub) or distribute them on the 2 or 3 ports ?

Thank you :-)

Regards,
    Max

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maxghi View Post
    I would like to know if it is advisable to purchase a screen protector in order to prevent scratches.
    Also, wanting to use ethernet, external hard drive and mouse, what port configuration you suggest ?
    All the devices trough usb-c (with an hub) or distribute them on the 2 or 3 ports ?
    Welcome Max,

I've not bothered with a screen protector and, after nearly eight months of use, I don't have any scratches on my screen. Mind you, the keyboard is always attached; I don't use it as a tablet.

When I'm using my T100HA at my desk I have all my devices on a hub connected to the USB-C port: printer, mouse, keyboard, DAC. There's a socket on the hub for ethernet, but I use wifi. I have no external drives apart from a NAS which I access via wifi. Having everything on one port makes it easy to connect and disconnect: my T100HA has a second life as a couch companion.

Do post whatever configuration works for you: I'd be interested.
    eejit, Swipe and mdwh like this.
    French T100HA in grey, 4GB/128GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leighelse View Post
    Welcome Max,

I've not bothered with a screen protector and, after nearly eight months of use, I don't have any scratches on my screen. Mind you, the keyboard is always attached; I don't use it as a tablet.

When I'm using my T100HA at my desk I have all my devices on a hub connected to the USB-C port: printer, mouse, keyboard, DAC. There's a socket on the hub for ethernet, but I use wifi. I have no external drives apart from a NAS which I access via wifi. Having everything on one port makes it easy to connect and disconnect: my T100HA has a second life as a couch companion.

Do post whatever configuration works for you: I'd be interested.
    Hello leighelse and thank you for posting your experience.
    I have decided to wait for the computer to be in my hands and then check which configuration could suit better my needs (also according to ports positioning)
    In my configuration I need to run at least 1 external drive, so I am not sure if the single hub on the usb-c could do that task or if it could be better to divide periferals on two ports or get a powered hub.

Regards,
    Max

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello,
    I got the laptop some days ago.
    Is there any tutorial in order to make a full backup of the disk ?
    At the moment I don't have a microsd card but I have one usb drive (8GB) and one usb hard disk (500GB).
    For what about microsd are there any suggested models ?

Regards,
    Max

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Have any of you had any problems with sleep the last week or so?

I just did one bigger update - horrible story that spanned over two days with rebooting, configuring etc. etc. I'm really beginning to hate Windows 10 and its way of taking away the control from me. Never ever will I accept a "Home" version again...

Anyway - did the update, and after that it seems like the computer goes to sleep at first, but if I leave it overnight it started shutting down on me. First time it happened I thought it was the battery running down to zero, but after havng booted it and realizing I still have over 50% left...
    - Something changed...

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maxghi View Post
    Hello,
    I got the laptop some days ago.
    Is there any tutorial in order to make a full backup of the disk ?
    At the moment I don't have a microsd card but I have one usb drive (8GB) and one usb hard disk (500GB).
    For what about microsd are there any suggested models ?

Regards,
    Max
    Welcome Max

Check out the microSD discussion thread for information on that.
    For a full backup try Macrium Reflect Free

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome Max

Check out the microSD discussion thread for information on that.
    For a full backup try Macrium Reflect Free
    Hello janner43,

thank you, I have just written in the microsd discussion thread and will try Macrium Reflect Free
    janner43 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gosa View Post
    Have any of you had any problems with sleep the last week or so?

I just did one bigger update - horrible story that spanned over two days with rebooting, configuring etc. etc. I'm really beginning to hate Windows 10 and its way of taking away the control from me. Never ever will I accept a "Home" version again...

Anyway - did the update, and after that it seems like the computer goes to sleep at first, but if I leave it overnight it started shutting down on me. First time it happened I thought it was the battery running down to zero, but after havng booted it and realizing I still have over 50% left...
    - Something changed...
    Please accept my apologies for bumping this, I'm usually not in the habit of bumping...

Am I really the only one suffering from sleep shutting down the computer after "x" amount of hours?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gosa View Post
    Am I really the only one suffering from sleep shutting down the computer after "x" amount of hours?
    I may have encountered similar behaviour on one occasion since the most recent major update. It's difficult to know for sure as there's been no repeat of it as yet. I leave the unit to sleep overnight, and usually it awakens without issue. I'll keep an eye on it and post if I have anything I can contribute.

I join you in frustration with Windows' update mechanism. My T1100HA is the only Windows computer we have - everything else is Linux. All the Linux distros update elegantly: they tell you when there's an update and, when you decide to proceed, it's a seamless background process during which you can keep working (there's never a need to reboot, even for kernel updates). I can't understand how a multi-billion dollar software company like Microsoft, after more than twenty years development, can deliver something so inconvenient and fundamentally broken as Windows Update.
    gosa likes this.
    French T100HA in grey, 4GB/128GB

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links