Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    proving our point. we dont _want_ to get another adapter to use our devices when we have already had a full-size usb 3 port on the keyboard previously. this is a downgrade to us users.
    Downgrade?

If it was just a port difference then sure, you could argue that but if they incorporate USB 3.1, which was stated in the Asus product page before they apparently took it down, into it then it's a definite upgrade, allowing for faster charging, better bandwidth, support features USB 3.0 still doesn't, etc.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    Downgrade?

If it was just a port difference then sure, you could argue that but if they incorporate USB 3.1, which was stated in the Asus product page before they apparently took it down, into it then it's a definite upgrade, allowing for faster charging, better bandwidth, support features USB 3.0 still doesn't, etc.
    its a downgrade in the sense that we need to get another adapter. sure, i know all of the benefits of usb type-c, and on paper, those are some great benefits. at a usability standpoint its not great, because basically, if i forget this adapter at home or even lose it, i cant use my usb 3 devices at full speed. this is my personal opinion and some other users share it. the display is also a downgrade for me too. they could of kept it at the same resolution as the original t100ta.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    its a downgrade in the sense that we need to get another adapter. sure, i know all of the benefits of usb type-c, and on paper, those are some great benefits. at a usability standpoint its not great, because basically, if i forget this adapter at home or even lose it, i cant use my usb 3 devices at full speed. this is my personal opinion and some other users share it. the display is also a downgrade for me too. they could of kept it at the same resolution as the original t100ta.
    Ok, you're opinion but this is the future standard and eventually you won't need a adapter as it'll be even more wide spread than micro USB... Already you can get USB C hubs and SATA adapters, along with USB C Flash drives and a couple of others showing it's going to spread pretty fast...

While the screen resolution mainly just promotes 16:10 aspect ratio, which is what most seem to prefer... So it's a pretty minor difference, as both 1366x768 and 1280x800 are HD/WXGA resolution, trading horizontal pixels for more vertical pixels as 1366x768 is a 16:9 aspect ratio...

And it's still a IPS screen as well... Besides, Windows 10 lowers the minimum resolution requirements to 800x600 and pretty much throws out most of the old Modern/Metro UI limitations... So you can still be sure to be able to do everything as before, like side by side snap view, etc.

While not needing to scroll as much or can more comfortably switch to portrait view while using as a tablet...
    rickscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Have ASUS pulled down the T100HA pages linked on this thread? All the links listed on this thread lead me to ASUS Serbia homepage...
    Thanks,
    Vlada
    Transformer T100TA-DK003H / 2GB / 64GB / BIOS 313 / Win 8.1

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Ok, you're opinion but this is the future standard and eventually you won't need a adapter as it'll be even more wide spread than micro USB... Already you can get USB C hubs and SATA adapters, along with USB C Flash drives and a couple of others showing it's going to spread pretty fast...

While the screen resolution mainly just promotes 16:10 aspect ratio, which is what most seem to prefer... So it's a pretty minor difference, as both 1366x768 and 1280x800 are HD/WXGA resolution, trading horizontal pixels for more vertical pixels as 1366x768 is a 16:9 aspect ratio...

And it's still a IPS screen as well... Besides, Windows 10 lowers the minimum resolution requirements to 800x600 and pretty much throws out most of the old Modern/Metro UI limitations... So you can still be sure to be able to do everything as before, like side by side snap view, etc.

While not needing to scroll as much or can more comfortably switch to portrait view while using as a tablet...
    I'll happily wait until it is adopted to a regular-sized port. Sorry but I don' want to use my computer with a bunch of cords and adapters hanging from the side of the tablet. Even at least, they could of had this port on the keyboard dock. I'd still need yet another adapter to use my devices, but it is more convenient than having stuff hanging off of the side of the tablet.

The only time I use the T100 as a tablet is when I am up on a ladder adjusting a camera, as I have the camera display on the tablet itself. %99 of the time I use it docked because for the most part, I hate tablets. Everything else about this unit appeals to me, just not the above.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vjovanovic1 View Post
    Have ASUS pulled down the T100HA pages linked on this thread? All the links listed on this thread lead me to ASUS Serbia homepage...
    Thanks,
    Vlada
    Yes, probably wasn't suppose to be visible yet as it's not officially out yet... It'll be back once it's officially out...

I'll happily wait until it is adopted to a regular-sized port.
    You mean when more peripherals use it as a standard, because this is regular size port for USB-C... As for a bunch of cords, you already don't have to do that...

While USB C Hubs or adapters don't need to hang...

But that's up to you and whether you want to get newer peripherals yet that support the new standard yet... and it's not like you need USB 3.0 for a mouse or keyboard dongle, etc. and the faster charging this provides is something most people consider a priority for a device you're going to carry around with you a lot and still expect to get the max battery life consistently...

It would be different if this was a laptop and had a dedicated power port and can have multiple ports of the same type but this is a tablet, dock or no dock that doesn't change!

Besides, there are low cost ATOM powered laptops you can get for even less price if you really have no use for a tablet, or one of those 360 flip types as another compromise that may better suite you, and some of those laptops still have touch screens...
    rickscheller likes this.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Yes, probably wasn't suppose to be visible yet as it's not officially out yet... It'll be back once it's officially out...

You mean when more peripherals use it as a standard, because this is regular size port for USB-C... As for a bunch of cords, you already don't have to do that...

While USB C Hubs or adapters don't need to hang...

But that's up to you and whether you want to get newer peripherals yet that support the new standard yet... and it's not like you need USB 3.0 for a mouse or keyboard dongle, etc. and the faster charging this provides is something most people consider a priority for a device you're going to carry around with you a lot and still expect to get the max battery life consistently...

It would be different if this was a laptop and had a dedicated power port and can have multiple ports of the same type but this is a tablet, dock or no dock that doesn't change!

Besides, there are low cost ATOM powered laptops you can get for even less price if you really have no use for a tablet, or one of those 360 flip types as another compromise that may better suite you, and some of those laptops still have touch screens...
    didnt notice the amount of devices that were adopting this standard. sweet. in that case, i dont really mind having to buy new stuff. they still hang off of the tablet part (my only personal bitch about this) which im not all for. at this point ill probably start putting money away for the next best transformer when it comes out (the chi series does not appeal to me), or a t200 instead.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    According to UMPCPortal, pre-orders have started in France...

"The entry-level version, T100HA-FU002T, is being offered for €299 in France (€239 pre-tax = $272)..."

"...the interesting option is at €399 where you’ll get the T100HA-FU030T with 128 GB of storage and that all-important 4 GB of RAM."

Supposedly, they'll start shipping in two weeks over there and, hopefully, we'll start seeing them appear in other places over the next few weeks...

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    "...the interesting option is at €399 where you’ll get the T100HA-FU030T with 128 GB of storage and that all-important 4 GB of RAM."
    Now that is very good value for money. I expect that would translate to a similar $price as well (taking the 20% tax off first, of course) approx $329 maybe?

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Now that is very good value for money. I expect that would translate to a similar $price as well (taking the 20% tax off first, of course) approx $329 maybe?
    Usually works that way when they reach the states, they've come quite a long way from the original T100TA release where you couldn't get these kind of specs for even the highest priced $400 model...

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links