Thread: T100ha!!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    According to this April 2015 article USB-C handles power....there's also USB.org

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/23/te...ture.html?_r=1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
    Yes well spotted, but the USB 2 versions don't have the same performance capabilities (my old Toshiba Display Link was USB 2).

USB 2 models:
    Plugable Universal USB 2.0 Single Display Docking Station | Plugable
    Plugable Pro8 Docking Station for Tablets like the Dell Venue 8 Pro | Plugable (note: this model is NOT compatiable with the T100)

from the Pro 8 page:

"USB-graphics devices like the UD-PRO8, are “virtual” devices where much of the heavy lifting is done by the CPU, GPU, and RAM of the host device (i.e.; the connected tablet or PC). Once the graphics have been rendered on the host system, they are compressed and sent over USB to the attached display. As a result, the graphical performance of the attached display is heavily dependent on the system specifications, available system resources, and USB bandwidth.

For most tablet and laptop users, web and productivity software will run well on the display attached through the dock. Due to the bandwidth available via USB 2.0, graphically intensive applications (such as HD video) are not recommended as the results may be unsatisfactory
    ."

So, better to stick the USB 3 versions now I think.
    Just in case anyone is wondering... I actually have one of the similar HooToo docks with the same features, it's usb3 but I use it on a couple of older laptops as well that are only usb2 with no problems. I saw in a few forums that some people had had issues in that scenario but most had no problems at all. So basically it's probably worth getting the usb3 version regardless just to be future-proofed. The Hootoo version regularly goes on sale various places for about $50. Really a great setup (for me anyway)....

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    According to this April 2015 article USB-C handles power....there's also USB.org

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/23/te...ture.html?_r=1
    Yeah, that is true. But from what I've seen when browsing around trying to learn more about this tablet no one actually managed to charge it through the USB-C port. It's not as much that the standard doesn't allow for it but for Asus not wanting (?) to include it...

- Then again, my google-fu have been a bit rusty lately, so if anyone finds something else...
    janner43 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Me and one other guy had this issue with empty battery after sleep. That other guy even sent his unit for replacement. He wrote about it in this thread. ASUS have been waking up during sleep by itself and producing some actions on its own. Then went to sleep again and woke up again.... That's why you see your unit pops up sometime on the network. All this ONLY with lid closed. I didn't send mine for replacement and continue experimenting. Updating Windows to build 1511 solved this issue. Or maybe any other update, I'm not sure which one. You can examine such a behavior by using powercfg commands /batteryreport and /sleepstudy.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Another issue which is bothering me is that Asus' brand new battery came already worn out 4.4%. Besides, when I check the battery level of switched-off unit by pressing power button shortly, it always visually shows 1/4 lower battery level than Windows does. And finally, last time I charged it I've noticed that it hopped from about 75% to 100% according to Windows in front of my eyes almost instantly. What is this behavior?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    Another issue which is bothering me is that Asus' brand new battery came already worn out 4.4%.
    Mine did as well: it's reported 95.6% from new. I've not been looking at the hardware vs Windows status discrepancy, but I will.

One positive: now I've turned off background activity for apps I don't use, the laptop estimates I have 590 hours of connected standby, which is three and a half weeks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leighelse View Post
    One positive: now I've turned off background activity for apps I don't use, the laptop estimates I have 590 hours of connected standby, which is three and a half weeks.
    Where do you see the stats for standby time?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    Another issue which is bothering me is that Asus' brand new battery came already worn out 4.4%. Besides, when I check the battery level of switched-off unit by pressing power button shortly, it always visually shows 1/4 lower battery level than Windows does. And finally, last time I charged it I've noticed that it hopped from about 75% to 100% according to Windows in front of my eyes almost instantly. What is this behavior?
    That sort of thing is old news on the T100...
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tery-wear.html

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...attery-issues/

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by magykmaster View Post
    Where do you see the stats for standby time?
    Run powercfg /batteryreport from an elevated command prompt. It'll generate a file in the root of your C:\ drive which contains a Battery life estimates section.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times

AZERTY keyboard mapping

When my French T100HA arrived, I thought the AZERTY keyboard symbols wouldn't worry me. They don't.

What has been problematic is the way ASUS has squeezed in an additional key: they've reduced the size of the left Shift key to put a key with < and > alongside it. At least, that's what the key would do if it the device still realised it had an AZERTY keyboard. With QWERTY selected, that key repeats the pipe and backslash keys found elsewhere. Making the left Shift key so small has been a problem: I continually press the adjacent key when wanting a capital letter. But I've found a good solution.

If anyone else buys the French T100HA for its larger RAM and storage, you can install and run the free Windows utility SharpKeys. It took fifteen seconds to press the pipe/backslash key and then the left Shift key, thirty seconds to reboot the device, and now the extra key behaves exactly the same as the left Shift key. The result: no more strings of \\\\\\\\\\\\ when I want a capital letter.
    WhiteNorth likes this.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links