Like Tree38Likes

Thread: T100ha!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought a T100HA two weeks ago. But i'm now facing the wifi problem.
    Asus told me to do an exchange lol

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBiker View Post
    Why would you not want the 64bit version ?
    it would make more sense to have 32GB+4GB. more resources for me. 64bit uses more. for a small computer like this, i want it to run with minimal issues in regards to having low resources. if there was upgradable ram, i would want the 64bit OS for sure.

not a dealbreaker by any means, but was just thinking about it and to see if it was possible.
    Last edited by AFX; 11-17-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi guys,

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about a faulty Asus t100ha which was doing weird things when I closed the lid - well I exchanged the unit and got a new t100ha and fortunately there are no issues with this one (yet!).

Here are my thoughts on the device so far:

1) I use it mainly for work and find it extremely light and easy to carry around. I have to run to meetings all day long and find it very practical not to have to carry around tons of documents and papers with me. The device fits into a document holder.

2) battery life is very good. It lasts from my first meeting at 9am until my last at around 7pm, with a few pauses when I close the lid (sleep mode). I do mainly Internet browsing, word (typing notes) and reading PDFs. But at the end of the day battery level is 1-2%.

3) Word is not included with the Asus t100ha! It comes with "Word Mobile" pre installed but that's a poor mans version of word (lacks essential features such as track changes). I had to acquire the whole office package for my work. This is something I overlooked when buying the device and I am disappointed (but that's entirely my fault).

4) undocking and re-docking the tablet from/to the keyboard works well but could be a bit easier (it takes a firm grip to undock it!)

5) typing on the keyboard is good (that's my main activity so important point for me). A bit small as other reviewers have said, but hey, it's a 10inch device! The chiclet feeling is very good and the keys are responding well. Only drawback is that sometimes the keyboard loses connection with the screen, you need to tap once on the screen to get it back (slightly annoying but happens only 2-3 times a day)

6) the power/sleep button on top is very hard to "push", that's also annoying. You basically have to press it with your nail in order for it to register your order.

7) opening the computer is also not very practical - there you need your nails as well. They could have made a small portion of the keyboard smaller so that you can grab it easily and open it effortlessly.

8) another small annoyance is that when I close the lid and leave the device closed for a certain amount of time, a line forms on the screen as a result of pressure from the bottom line of the keyboard. I have to put some fabric (or tissue) between keyboard and screen to avoid that.

9) the mousepad works very well. At first it did not register the basic zooming and scrolling orders (with two fingers) but one day it did - I guess it had something to do with the Asus software for the trackpad getting activated or something like that.

10) overall a very good device for the office work I do, I would highly recommend it if you value light weight, excellent battery life and the hybrid tablet/laptop aspect.

Thanks for reading!
    nkornbau likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    22 times
    Has anyone tried updating the BIOS? Mine is at 209, but I see 211 and 214 are available (comments are "Update EC"). Any improvements or problems that people have noted? (Apologies if this is the wrong thread - I see there are BIOS specific threads for the T100TA/TAS/TAM but I can't find one for the T100HA.)

Also it doesn't like the new 128GB Sandisk Ultra microSD card I bought (I'll try posting in "OFFICIAL T100 microSD Discussion & Help Thread" - my other microSD cards work fine, but this card also works in other devices), so I won't be posting newer benchmarks just yet.

An oddity is the screen flips upside down briefly when first booting to the lock screen; then again flips for a few more seconds when logging in. Happens every time, possibly since the Windows November update (I'm sure it didn't happen when I first got the T100HA). On rare occasions the lock screen actually gets stuck upside down, but is righted when I log in. Happens whether I'm docked or not, and setting rotation lock doesn't help. Has anyone else had this?
    Last edited by mdwh; 11-26-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Deal is gone...
    Last edited by gosa; 11-30-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Did someone tried to install Android OS on this model? So that we have dual OS with two separet partition,one will be win 10, and second Android OS.
    I read something on android x86, but i haven't any experience with that.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drushkan View Post
    Did someone tried to install Android OS on this model? So that we have dual OS with two separet partition,one will be win 10, and second Android OS.
    I read something on android x86, but i haven't any experience with that.
    Welcome to the forum

You'll need to read the threads in the T100 Alternate OS section...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwh View Post
    Has anyone tried updating the BIOS? Mine is at 209, but I see 211 and 214 are available (comments are "Update EC"). Any improvements or problems that people have noted? (Apologies if this is the wrong thread - I see there are BIOS specific threads for the T100TA/TAS/TAM but I can't find one for the T100HA.)
    Hi, I would also be interested in this. The procedure for updating the BIOS for other models seems lengthy and complicated. Is it the same for t100ha?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

You'll need to read the threads in the T100 Alternate OS section...
    thanks 😊

I'm reading it slowly, but i'm asking in this thread to find an easier solution, maybe someone across on it, and succeed to instal on this tablet.
    My english is not so good, so i apologize. I think that you can understand what i'm saying.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jansens View Post
    Hi, I would also be interested in this. The procedure for updating the BIOS for other models seems lengthy and complicated. Is it the same for t100ha?
    I think the answer is 99% certainly - yes

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links