Like Tree38Likes

Thread: T100ha!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    I did see that article today. Fairly disconcerting. For the test mentioned above I used the Asus charger that came with the T100HA and the USB Type-A to Type-C cable that came with my Nexus. I assume the cable google shipped with the phone meets spec. I will try charging the T100HA with the Type-C charger and Type-C to Type-C cable provided by google and report back.

Edit: Tried to charge T100HA with Type-C charger and cable provided by Google with a new Nexus. T100HA does not charge. I'm going to assume Google shipped components that meet spec.
    Last edited by nkornbau; 11-04-2015 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Reporting Test Results
    T100HA

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasCollins View Post
    I have a new Transformer Book T100HA. The touch screen has stopped working when docked. It did work when I first got it but has stopped. Not sure why or how to get it working again. Also, does anyone know how to determine the BIOS version currently installed?
    Welcome to the forum

Please see the T100 FAQs section (linked below) for checking your BIOS.
    Touchscreen issue - can't say

Thread Merged

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    NEW T100HA product choice added to the profile list options

IF YOU HAVE A T100HA PLEASE AMEND YOUR PROFILE ACCORDINGLY. Thank you

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nkornbau View Post
    Edit: Tried to charge T100HA with Type-C charger and cable provided by Google with a new Nexus. T100HA does not charge. I'm going to assume Google shipped components that meet spec.
    Um, the Nexus has a USB 2.0 USB C port with fast charging... think that puts that into doubt... Though, it may also depend on Asus as the FW will also have to support the feature and even if the port supports it the feature could be disabled. Either way it seems likely it can't charge but there's still doubt that may be permanent...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    Um, the Nexus has a USB 2.0 USB C port with fast charging... think that puts that into doubt... Though, it may also depend on Asus as the FW will also have to support the feature and even if the port supports it the feature could be disabled. Either way it seems likely it can't charge but there's still doubt that may be permanent...
    You do have a point that the Nexuses are USB 2.0 using a Type C port. Personally, I'm convinced that with its current feature set the T100HA cannot charge via its Type C port. Like you said it may not be permanent though, Asus could provide an update that enables it.

Just as a note Google's store website sells the same Type C cables for their Nexuses and their Pixel C, which does support full USB 3.1 with a Type C connector. I guess based on that I would think that the cables that they ship with Nexuses meet the 3.1 spec. Additionally, Google sells 15W (for Nexuses) and 60W chargers (for Pixels) both marketed as "Universal Type C chargers." Sure the 60W charger will charge much faster, but I'm sure a Pixel C would be able to accept power from a 15W charger. I'm not sure what a more reliable source for Type-C cables and chargers would be at this point in time, especially considering a Pixel C engineer is the one that brought to light the Type C cable issue in the article you shared.
    T100HA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all:
    Just joined the forum, have a T100HA coming in tomorrow. Have been using my 2 HP Touchpads with Android 4.4.4 Cyanogen mod and wife said "get a Win tablet" and give the HPTP with the 4G radio to her mother for Facebook. My first HPTP only had wifi and I bought an ATT version about a year later with the radio. So, here we are! I have owned a computer network support company for 31 years and have 5 techs working for me so this should be interesting!! And we are a service center for Lenovo, sell/support HP servers. Trouble is, my tech that does the Cyanogen port did not realize there was a separate one for the radio version, waiting for him to re-port it soon, been waiting months!
    Any special tips for first setting this thing up? I hope to be able to contribute here if I can!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boba1111 View Post
    Hi all:
    Just joined the forum, have a T100HA coming in tomorrow. Have been using my 2 HP Touchpads with Android 4.4.4 Cyanogen mod and wife said "get a Win tablet" and give the HPTP with the 4G radio to her mother for Facebook. My first HPTP only had wifi and I bought an ATT version about a year later with the radio. So, here we are! I have owned a computer network support company for 31 years and have 5 techs working for me so this should be interesting!! And we are a service center for Lenovo, sell/support HP servers. Trouble is, my tech that does the Cyanogen port did not realize there was a separate one for the radio version, waiting for him to re-port it soon, been waiting months!
    Any special tips for first setting this thing up? I hope to be able to contribute here if I can!
    Welcome to the forum

Yes there are. We have a special FAQ just for that - located in the FAQs section...
    T100 FAQ - Setup, Batteries, Free space, Windows 7/XP, Windows 10...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    You do know the Asus T100xx family is Wifi only right?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    You do know the Asus T100xx family is Wifi only right?
    Rick:
    Not sure if this was for me, but yes I know the 100ha only has wifi, I have not had a radio working on either hptp and I have wifi most everywhere I travel. The wife carries a Verizon hot spot also.
    So now that we have a reason to redo the hptp with the radio version of Android I will move that project up my techs list

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    boba1111... yes it was FYI for you.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links