Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Asus T100 unable to detect home internet

hi everyone ! I recently started having this problem with my laptop where it won't pick up my home internet. I'm still able to see a list of other wifi connections - however mine doesn't come up even when it is right next to the modem. My airplane mode is off. I've tried restarting the laptop multiple times. I've turned wifi on and off. It only happened within the last week when I just turned on the laptop and I noticed I couldn't connect to my home internet. Please help !!!

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    First thing I'd try is resetting the modem....router? Whatever your laptop is 'sitting next to'. Sounds more like a router/modem issue to me...usually they have a reset button, or you can unplug the ac cord for a couple minutes. Plug back into the wall, then see if it detects the laptop.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosierose View Post
    hi everyone ! I recently started having this problem with my laptop where it won't pick up my home internet. I'm still able to see a list of other wifi connections - however mine doesn't come up even when it is right next to the modem. My airplane mode is off. I've tried restarting the laptop multiple times. I've turned wifi on and off. It only happened within the last week when I just turned on the laptop and I noticed I couldn't connect to my home internet. Please help !!!
    Rosierose - We're very sorry that you've been having trouble connecting with your home internet. If you're still having this issue after resetting your router I would suggest that you refresh your T100's wireless driver.

To have the driver refreshed and re-installed onto the operating system, proceed with the following steps please:

Step 1: Press Windows Key + X for Windows mobility center then select "Device manager."
    Step 2: Locate "Network adapters."
    Step 3: Double click the wireless adapter (usually has "wireless" in the name)
    Step 4: Click "Driver" tab.
    Step 5: (IMPORTANT) Click "Uninstall" and ensure check box on following window is left unchecked.
    Step 6: Restart device.
    Step 7: After restart press Windows Key + I to enter Charm settings for network connections.
    Step 8: Click network connections and select the appropriate connection.
    Step 9: Uncheck the "Connect automatically" check box.
    Step 10: Click "Connect" and enter network security key.

If you're still having issues with your connection after doing the above troubleshooting steps please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem description along with the serial number of your ASUS T100. You may reference this case number (N150488453) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links