Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: T100 BIOS update bricks yet another machine, ASUS denies problem exists.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Digressing back a few posts and weeks, the Bay Trail SoC is only capable of 2500x1600 output, no matter what retailers may be claiming. AFAIK it is also only capable of HDMI1.3, not 1.4. Though I suppose it might be possibly it can do HDMI1.4, but it certainly cannot do 4k period. Full stop.

AFAIK it sounds like the new Cherry Trail processors (the higher end x5 and the x7) will be able to do 4k. I think. No official confirmation AFAIK.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi just a quick note. I bricked my T100TA during a BIOS update (out of warranty ). I managed to get a new winbond chip programmed and fitted for 30. Machine now working great, so dead bios does not scrap the machine.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo123 View Post
    Hi just a quick note. I bricked my T100TA during a BIOS update (out of warranty ). I managed to get a new winbond chip programmed and fitted for 30. Machine now working great, so dead bios does not scrap the machine.
    That's good to know.

To help others, may I ask exactly the process you used to update the BIOS or what you suspect you think you did to brick your T100 during a BIOS update?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    I was having problems with the machine not waking up after installing BIOS v313 so used win flash in nodate mode to flash again. Unfortunately it would not close down completely during the restart. After 1 hour of waiting I eventually held down the power button to force a restart, however the BIOS had been wiped but not rewritten at this point so bricked the machine. I used a company called biosmaster ( Biosmaster | Motherboard-biosflash.co.uk | BiosflashUK.com | Flash BIOS Repair | Flash BIOS Replacement ) in the UK to fit a new chip. Very impressed and saved a fortune. Machine works perfectly now with no issues at all. P.s. I bought my machine early 2014 from tiger in the USA in order to get the 64gb version that wasn't available in the UK.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo123 View Post
    I was having problems with the machine not waking up after installing BIOS v313 so used win flash in nodate mode to flash again. Unfortunately it would not close down completely during the restart. After 1 hour of waiting I eventually held down the power button to force a restart, however the BIOS had been wiped but not rewritten at this point so bricked the machine. I used a company called biosmaster ( Biosmaster | Motherboard-biosflash.co.uk | BiosflashUK.com | Flash BIOS Repair | Flash BIOS Replacement ) in the UK to fit a new chip. Very impressed and saved a fortune. Machine works perfectly now with no issues at all. P.s. I bought my machine early 2014 from tiger in the USA in order to get the 64gb version that wasn't available in the UK.
    I believe you're the first user to report that updating the BIOS using "the correct method" bricked your T100.
    ASUSFAN0001 likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi guys.
    I have a problem too. I was trying to update bios inside of Bios it self(easyflash or sth...) and guess what I bricked it.
    Yea, I know...I found out to late about this problems. I am used to flash bios from bios program.
    So, I am interested if it is possible to get bios dump for T100TA-DK002H. I would like to try flash the bios again with spi programer.

thanks

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    I believe you're the first user to report that updating the BIOS using "the correct method" bricked your T100.
    It would appear that would indeed be the first such report.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    0 times
    All right, not needed anymore. Problem solved, T100TA unbricked with "Arduino power" and bios dump v. 223.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links