Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

How can I turn the tablet ON while lid is closed using the power button on top.

Hi All

I am trying to turn the Tablet T100 on while the lid is closed using the power button on the top. It seems that while the lid is closed some thing keeps the tablet from turning on. Is there any setting of regedit that I can do that will allow me to turn the tablet on while the lid is closed as I am using it as a mini desktop most of the time and have a monitor plugged in so I don't need the tablet open at all.

Also any hints or tips on how you might have set yours up as a great mini desktop. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and a good size screen wondering about sound.

I have been looking for a while and can only find the problem of tablets turning on when its not wanted.

Cheers all
    Ray
    Last edited by Abren; 01-07-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Everything you want to do can be done with power settings and screen brightness settings. i.e. "do nothing" when closing lid, turn screen brightness all the way down.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry I may not explained what I'm trying to do right. I want the tablet on the desk turned off with the lid closed and then without opening the lid turn the tablet on by pressing the power button.

I have all the settings as you mentioned and still no luck.
    Cheers

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    In power settings, do you have the T100 set to "do nothing" when the lid is closed?
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep have it set to do nothing, both on battery and powered. O I think it might have something to do with the Asus's programming ie BIOS rather than windows setting. Basically you can press the power button all you like while the device is closed and nothing will happen, I'm sure this is a good thing in most cases as it would save it from turning on accidentally in a bag.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    Have you tried just moving your mouse or tapping the ctrl key on the keyboard?

When I get home I can check my power management settings, but mine is always in sleep mode. So, I just turn on the monitor and move my mouse and the t100 wakes up with the lid shut.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abren View Post
    Sorry I may not explained what I'm trying to do right. I want the tablet on the desk turned off with the lid closed and then without opening the lid turn the tablet on by pressing the power button.

I have all the settings as you mentioned and still no luck.
    Cheers
    You can remove the magnet in dock so it never detect the T100 being closed. Then you can have full control with power button.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abren View Post
    Hi All

I am trying to turn the Tablet T100 on while the lid is closed using the power button on the top. It seems that while the lid is closed some thing keeps the tablet from turning on. Is there any setting of regedit that I can do that will allow me to turn the tablet on while the lid is closed as I am using it as a mini desktop most of the time and have a monitor plugged in so I don't need the tablet open at all.

Also any hints or tips on how you might have set yours up as a great mini desktop. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and a good size screen wondering about sound.

I have been looking for a while and can only find the problem of tablets turning on when its not wanted.

Cheers all
    Ray
    Have you solved this? How?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links