Thread: many disappointments on TB T100A

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Post many disappointments on TB T100A

I bought T100A yesterday at Saturn for 300 euros, everything worked perfect but the windows didn't active, I changed it and got a new one today. This one was worse, very slow and the windows update failed twice. the mouse cursor didn't move sometimes and it was not good at all like the other one. Even though I liked the product very much, I returned it and got my money back. I really like the idea of the transformer, but I am not sure to order a new T100A and hope to have a good one without any issues or go for another model. Any ideas?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    4 times
    I dont know exactly what might be causing you problems. I got a very problematic T100 last November. Infinite boot loops, recovering multiple times, I was fed up. But I tried installing a fresh copy of windows 8, and afterward it has been issue free. It may not be worth the headache for you but in the end it was worth it for me, love this little device.
    an0x likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by an0x View Post
    I bought T100A yesterday at Saturn for 300 euros, everything worked perfect but the windows didn't active, I changed it and got a new one today. This one was worse, very slow and the windows update failed twice. the mouse cursor didn't move sometimes and it was not good at all like the other one. Even though I liked the product very much, I returned it and got my money back. I really like the idea of the transformer, but I am not sure to order a new T100A and hope to have a good one without any issues or go for another model. Any ideas?
    I too was having this problem but I had read on here that the windows update will try to install all of the available updates but not in the proper order. If you look at your update history you will see a lot of failed attempts due to another update not being installed. It tells what the kb number is so you find that update on the important update list. Install that one update only. Once that one installs then install the rest of the important ones. After that I installed the recommended and optional ones without a problem. Hope this helps.

Now I'm really enjoying this little device as well. I think the problem is the lack of online help from Windows and from Asus. I remember back in the old days Microsoft website was full of useful information to help navigate the OS. Now not so much. If it wasn't for sites like this I would be at a loss.
    Last edited by Ecstasy; 01-03-2015 at 07:42 PM. Reason: speilling
    rickscheller, an0x and Swipe like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
    I too was having this problem but I had read on here that the windows update will try to install all of the available updates but not in the proper order. If you look at your update history you will see a lot of failed attempts due to another update not being installed. It tells what the kb number is so you find that update on the important update list. Install that one update only. Once that one installs then install the rest of the important ones. After that I installed the recommended and optional ones without a problem. Hope this helps.

Now I'm really enjoying this little device as well. I think the problem is the lack of online help from Windows and from Asus. I remember back in the old days Microsoft website was full of useful information to help navigate the OS. Now not so much. If it wasn't for sites like this I would be at a loss.
    I am also agree with you. My problems (at least most of them) are related to OS, not hardware. So I need to think about buying again the same model or look for another model. I loved the design and the fact that it covers all my needs. I have a computer at work and sometimes just need to connect to it remotely and write some scripts on my server. I do need a keyboard, but not a strong processor. This little cutie really got my attention. I am afraid to have a device that always fails or annoys me though.
    Last edited by an0x; 01-04-2015 at 05:57 AM. Reason: mistake

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daon View Post
    I dont know exactly what might be causing you problems. I got a very problematic T100 last November. Infinite boot loops, recovering multiple times, I was fed up. But I tried installing a fresh copy of windows 8, and afterward it has been issue free. It may not be worth the headache for you but in the end it was worth it for me, love this little device.
    I see, so what you are suggesting is to install a new copy of win 8. That might be the problem, indeed. Do you think I can find such a useful device somewhere else or it worth to try once again with asus t100a?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I would try again unless you want to spend more on a different device. The T100 is one of the most reasonably priced devices around for what it does.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    I would try again unless you want to spend more on a different device. The T100 is one of the most reasonably priced devices around for what it does.
    Ok then, I won't spend more money but need to search more about what i'll deal with.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    I can tell you I've had my T100 for 15 months and I've had (except for one self inflicted issue early on that required a restore) no real problems. 99% of the time it works properly 100% of the time. It's become my go to device for casual computer needs. I also have a two year old desktop for the heavy lifting. My ratio of use is about T100 99% vs desktop 1%. Also it's a super travel device... if you have a wifi or tethered connection, there's nothing I couldn't use it for while travelling and I'm sure it can so much more.
    an0x likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    I can tell you I've had my T100 for 15 months and I've had (except for one self inflicted issue early on that required a restore) no real problems. 99% of the time it works properly 100% of the time. It's become my go to device for casual computer needs. I also have a two year old desktop for the heavy lifting. My ratio of use is about T100 99% vs desktop 1%. Also it's a super travel device... if you have a wifi or tethered connection, there's nothing I couldn't use it for while travelling and I'm sure it can so much more.
    Oh, finally a totally positive comment I found lots of disappointed customers on internet that loved the product but had problems after a while.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    I found lots of disappointed customers on internet that loved the product but had problems after a while.
    You'll generally find that folks with problems with any device, service, etc. will be the majority comment group whereas the folks that are happy will be the minority comment group. That's just a fact of human nature.
    leeshor and an0x like this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links