Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: T100 for serious note taking?

  1. #21
    Starscream
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    75621
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    430
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skallal View Post
    There is one other point I didn't mention on my first post. The 10.1 inch screen size is too small for my 50 something eyes. I can set the text size to 125% in the Control Panel. But then the text is way too big and some web pages don't render correctly. Perhaps there is another setting I can try? Perhaps a magnifying app?
    Or for that, just choose your 'Custom Sizing Options', you don't have to specifically set to 125% if its bigger, when you select Custom Sizing Options, you can basically Set the Ruler scale to anything as a sweet spot which works best for you

    Right Click on Desktop > Screen Resolution > Make Text items larger or smaller > Tick 'Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays' > Custom Sizing Options > Move the slider by your mouse to anything which is great for you in-between 100-125% there's a preview for you to see the text size and if that doesn't work still then yea proceed as how Rick suggested,

    2015-01-11 03_00_42-Display.png 2015-01-11 03_00_52-Display.png
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

  2. #22
    Jazz
    Member #
    75895
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Or for that, just choose your 'Custom Sizing Options', you don't have to specifically set to 125% if its bigger, when you select Custom Sizing Options, you can basically Set the Ruler scale to anything as a sweet spot which works best for you

    Right Click on Desktop > Screen Resolution > Make Text items larger or smaller > Tick 'Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays' > Custom Sizing Options > Move the slider by your mouse to anything which is great for you in-between 100-125% there's a preview for you to see the text size and if that doesn't work still then yea proceed as how Rick suggested,

    2015-01-11 03_00_42-Display.png 2015-01-11 03_00_52-Display.png
    This was very helpful. I think I can use this info as well.

  3. #23
    Jazz
    Member #
    75895
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    7 times
    Argh I don't have those options in the drop down. It still only gives 100%, 125% etc. Doesn't give the option for 109%.

  4. #24
    Starscream
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    75621
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    430
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
    Argh I don't have those options in the drop down. It still only gives 100%, 125% etc. Doesn't give the option for 109%.
    You don't see it in the normal window, you need to Click on 'Custom Sizing Options' after you have ticked 'Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays' where my mouse is in the screenshot, follow my steps again from start. Then you'll get another window, where you can set the size. It's an OS feature it can't be particular yours doesn't have it!
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

  5. #25
    Jazz
    Member #
    75895
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    You don't see it in the normal window, you need to Click on 'Custom Sizing Options' after you have ticked 'Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays' where my mouse is in the screenshot, follow my steps again from start. Then you'll get another window, where you can set the size. It's an OS feature it can't be particular yours doesn't have it!
    I promise you. I followed all of your steps twice. The drop down menu in your last screen shot only lists these options 100, 125, 150 on up to 400. There is not an option for anything in between i.e. 109%. I don't know how to screen shot. If I could I would do it and post it here.

  6. #26
    Starscream
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    75621
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    430
    Liked
    255 times
    Aha Got you!, well your in the 'Custom Sizing Options' since you can see 400 too, but like I said, you have to move your mouse on the Ruler the scale below the drop down left click on the scale where my mouse is in the second screenshot and start moving your mouse to the right side and you will see that 100% drop down box figure is changing and even the text preview , and start dragging, you can even write anything like 105,102,135,155 manually in that small box where you drop down basically if you don't want to drag the ruler by mouse. It gives you two ways to change the drop down figure.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

  7. #27
    Jazz
    Member #
    75895
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    7 times
    Ha ha it was easier than I thought.Screenshot (2).png

  8. #28
    Jazz
    Member #
    75895
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    7 times

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Aha Got you!, well your in the 'Custom Sizing Options' since you can see 400 too, but like I said, you have to move your mouse on the Ruler the scale below the drop down left click on the scale where my mouse is in the second screenshot and start moving your mouse to the right side and you will see that 100% drop down box figure is changing and even the text preview , and start dragging, you can even write anything like 105,102,135,155 manually in that small box where you drop down basically if you don't want to drag the ruler by mouse. It gives you two ways to change the drop down figure.
    Thanks so much. I guess I did miss a big step, lol.
    Last edited by Ecstasy; 01-10-2015 at 08:23 PM.
    Caster likes this.

  9. #29
    Ratchet
    Member #
    14770
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    218
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    You seem to be complaining about personal issues. Face it... you simply bought the wrong device... no harm, no foul. Send it back for a refund and go out to a brick and mortar retailer and find one that suits your needs... and when you find the right one, purchase wherever you want and move on.

    As for that's not really true. I just bought an Asus Q502LA at BestBuy with an15.6" touchscreen and an1TB HDD and using sleep it awakens instantly and runs circles around my T100.


    Yes, that is the conclusion I am reaching. I am looking at the T200. Yes the battery life is less. But it has the larger screen and keyboard. And it can be user expanded with an additional HD or SSD. But I'd like to see a demo model before buying. The MS Store doesn't carry it. My local Fry's has one in stock but nothing on display. Best Buy has them for significantly cost than Fry's, but only for in store pick up.

    There is a T200 section on this forum, but it doesn't have anywhere near the activity of the T100 forums. So it harder to get a feel for the device quality.

    About the wake up time of your Asus Q502LA: I was referring to boot up time from a power down state. There is still some battery drain in sleep mode. And what about battery drain from a running HD? Sorry, guess I am hard to please and worrying about things that don't matter that much...

  10. #30
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    72337
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    USA
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Posts
    1,814
    Liked
    417 times
    On the Q502LA, the HDD powers down after X amount of inactivity which is at about the same time as sleep occurs. So the HDD uses no power when the PC sleeps. I get nearly zero battery drain when it's in sleep. If I were to have it out of use longer, I'd power it down.

    The T200 is not nearly as popular as the T100 but most stores have a return it if you don't like it policy... buy it and take it home and get a good hands on. You can do that online too. If it doesn't work out for you, return it.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. App for note-taking on PDF
    By jfarley in forum Android Applications General Discussion & Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 04:54 PM
  2. Note taking: I don't get it...
    By thegreyelf in forum Transformer Prime General Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 05:54 AM
  3. PDF and PPT note taking
    By mmeade111 in forum Transformer Prime Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 11:53 PM
  4. Note taking
    By alaaaaaaaaan in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) FAQ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 07:07 PM
  5. note taking
    By NyanCat in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Search tags for this page

asus t100 taking notes
,
asus t100 which pen is good
,

asus transformer book note taking

,
asus transformer book t100ha note taking
,
asus transformer book t100ha stylus support
,
asus transformer note taking
,
asus transformer prime stylus pen taking notes
,
is the asus transformer good for note taking
,
t100 onenote
,
transfomer making notes
,
transformer write note
,
writing with pen on asus t100ta
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 AM.