Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

New owners - Initial free storage space

I had some problems within a few weeks of first buying the T100 32gb and had it sent back and the motherboard replaced. Since I got it back I only installed some browsers and then found that I don't have space for office. It seems that I only have 5gb free from the 20gb available (knowing that the other 12gb is in recovery partition). I'm fairly sure there wasn't an issue with storage before sending it back in as I had office on there as well as a few browsers and developer's tools.

Looking around the forum I'm seeing the same issue for some people while others seem to say they have lots of space available after installing office.

If anybody has recently purchased a 32gb T100 and is running windows 8.1 can you let me know how much space you have on your HD with only windows 8.1 installed?

The guys at tech support said to send it back in if my problem isn't a common problem.

Any help would be appreciated, thks.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Welcome to the forum

I'll answer your question for you, but then close this thread as this subject is well answered on the forum in a number of different threads & we don't really need another one. Thanks for understanding

Please do post away in other threads though also feel free to start a new one if there isn't an existing thread that covers any particular issue.

We now know the following...
    1) New T100s come with the recovery on a separate ROM and not on the built in storage. This means that there is room on the 32gb version for Windows, Office & around 5-8gb after that.
    2) Refurbished devices or those sent for repair & then returned to their owner invariably have the recovery partition on the 32gb internal storage. This means that the 32gb then becomes 20-24gb and after a Windows install the space is then extremely limited. That would probably give you the scenario you describe.

Why it is like this no-one has been able to answer, but it has been reported now on numerous occasions.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links