Thread: cast t100 display to another pc monitor

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    4 times

cast t100 display to another pc monitor

Is there a way to "cast" or project the display in my t100 to another pc monitor using an apps? pc+monitor and the t100 will be both connected to the same router/wifi...something better than remote pc apps like logmein, team viewer etc?

I've seen

any way to do a miracast using only software?
    Last edited by WalangAlam; 08-26-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Without hardware? DLNA would be your best bet.

WalangAlam likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    The last Miracast update for 8.1 included API for allowing developers to enable streaming from one device to a PC but it just came out and I don't think any developers have yet taken advantage of it... So, you may have to wait a bit for a Miracast solution, even though it's already technically possible...
    WalangAlam likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    @OP... you're first post is a bit muddy. I'm unsure whether your question is for simply wirelessly casting your T100 display screen to a bigger device TV screen/monitor? But since you mentioned teamviewer and logmein, it sounds as though you want to operate a remote PC on the same LAN from tour T100 or viceversa.

Any or all that can be done... some with software alone, some with a hardware device. Can you please clarify?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    @OP... you're first post is a bit muddy. I'm unsure whether your question is for simply wirelessly casting your T100 display screen to a bigger device TV screen/monitor? But since you mentioned teamviewer and logmein, it sounds as though you want to operate a remote PC on the same LAN from tour T100 or viceversa.

Any or all that can be done... some with software alone, some with a hardware device. Can you please clarify?
    I want to use my t100 as desktop and connect it to my other pc with a monitor. I want to by-pass the use of hdmi cable directly connecting to my t100. t100 ----> pc -----> monitor. I will work with personal files/apps on t100 and on my pc for office works.
    I could just plug it using hdmi cable or buy another monitor for my t100 but I just want to find out if it can already be done and it will be cool and more convenient for me...

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WalangAlam View Post
    I want to use my t100 as desktop and connect it to my other pc with a monitor. I want to by-pass the use of hdmi cable directly connecting to my t100. t100 ----> pc -----> monitor. I will work with personal files/apps on t100 and on my pc for office works.
    I could just plug it using hdmi cable or buy another monitor for my t100 but I just want to find out if it can already be done and it will be cool and more convenient for me...
    How's that different than what I posted in the video which shows you the steps to go through to enable DLNA between your T100 and your PC? I'll give you a hint, pretend the T100 is the phone in the video.

However by the sounds of it, what you really want to do is not doable without an additional piece of hardware. So go buy yourself a Netgear PTV3000, connect your T100 and PC on the same network, then wirelessly project your T100 screen to the PTV3000, which connects to the monitor and that setup will do exactly what you really want to achieve. Once the T100 and your other PC is connected to the same network, then file sharing between the 2 devices is very easy to do. You should be able to do that now, without needing any additional hardware or software, since it's built into Windows.

You can get a refurbished PTV3000 on eBay for $40 like I did if having to spend money is your issue.

Netgear Push 2 TV PTV3000 Wireless Display 606449085617 | eBay

Like rick stated your original post is a bit muddy, since there's really 2 different things it sounds like you're trying to achieve here.
    1. file sharing between the T100 and your PC (This can be done through your home network if you have a router).
    2. Monitor sharing (there are a few different methods of how this can be done) only one that doesn't require hardware and it may not achieve what you want until you can further describe how you want the screen to be shown on the other monitor that is connected to your PC. The one without hardware is DLNA that I posted but that is really not a full screen projection that you may be trying to achieve....that's where your description is muddy. If you want a, what I see on my T100 is what I see on the other monitor, then you want to use Miracast or Widi technologies, which requires an additional piece of hardware on the Monitor side to achieve with the T100....ie Netgear PTV3000.

The video you originally posted is using Miracast technology, which is built into Windows 8.1 and the T100. However, it also has to be built into the monitor as well. There's 1 of 2 ways they are doing this on that video on the TV side. Either the TV has a built in miracast receiver in it and if it doesn't, then they're using a separate Miracast reciever device, which is what the PTV3000 device is. It works very similar to bluetooth technology. As an example, You can't send sound from your smart phone which has bluetooth to a car stereo if the car stereo doesn't have bluetooth.

So does you PC monitor have the Miracast feature built into it? Miracast is NOT a software only solution. Just like bluetooth is not a software only solution. The TV/Monitor has to have the hardware built into it, which is a feature available on most modern Smart TVs....not so much on "PC monitors" as you're describing. If your monitor has this feature, then you don't need a PTV3000. If it doesn't, then you will need to purchase some additional hardware such as the PTV3000.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 08-28-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    I have a hunch, although you're not saying it well at all... that what you want to do (I may be wrong) is use your T100 to remotely operate your desktop PC or the reverse.

If that's what you want to do, first what OS are you running on your desktop? If it's Win8.1 or Win7, you can use built in software on both PCs (T100 and your desktop PC) then once permissions are setup you use "Remote Desktop Connection" from your T100 to your desktop or vice versa.

It's pretty great... I use RDC sometimes from my T100 in my living room to connect to my desktop in my office, then what I see and do on my T100 screen is just like I'm sitting at my desktop.

If that's not it, then you've stumped me and perhaps Rednroll has you covered?
    Last edited by rickscheller; 08-28-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    WalangAlam likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links