Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Question Should I worry about the docking clip?

Just been out at PCWorld looking at transformer books. I'm pretty keen on buying one, but the display model had a faulty clip that didn't hold the screen in properly. Now obviously this is a display model, subject to far less care than an owned one and played with by surly kids 24/7, but still it made me want to seek the opinions of people who already own one. The acer switch 10 looked like it had a smarter dock mechanism but I've read that the keyboard and mouse pad are not up to code, and I want that z3775 anyway.

So can I ask what the general feeling is? Is the dock easily broken? Will it survive a fall onto (carpeted) floors, or will it snap off even with delicate care after 6 months?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    The dock mechanism is only as robust as the abuse applied to it. I know that doesn't answer the question but from a real world user that visits these forums a lot I can say from my personal experience, if the T100 is used mostly as a tablet (i.e. not docked) it becomes mostly a non-issue but again there are members here who have had dock connector problems anywhere from intermittent connections causing keyboard / touchpad erratic operation and/or total failure. There have been others with mechanical breakage of the dock latches and separation of the slot the tablet fits into.

Falls, even onto carpet, may impart physical stresses that could damage the dock hinge or the unit. I'd not expect it to necessarily survive every fall onto carpet and onto a hard floor likely wouldn't survive.

Would I let surly kids "play with it" and expect it to survive... IMHO probably not?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had my T100 since Feb and it is my main computer the screen comes off most days at least once and ive had no major issue with the clip at all im very happy with the build quality

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks rickscheller and kinghart for your replies.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links